“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Los Angeles, California
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a nice place to stay. Its located right off of the freeway so the view isn't great. However, you can walk to burger king or subway and other places if you need to. Its only 6 miles from the airport or a $15 cab ride. The place was clean. The breakfast was free and was pretty typical for a free breakfast (toast, pancakes, waffles, cereal, eggs, Danish, potatoes, coffee juice) but was nice. The room was huge! The bed was pretty comfortable. My only problem was the air conditioning was too cold and I tried to put the heat on to warm up the place but that didn't work. I finally had to shut off the air/heat because I was freezing. Other than that, no problems. Check out was fast and easy. They have a business center where you can make copies, send a fax, or check email. I didn't bring a computer, so I don't know about the wifi. Nice place to stay for a while.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Desiree D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The staff at this hotel was beyond excellent from check in to check out. The fact that our room was compensated by our LQ rewards did not make a difference in the service we received. Will stay at this LQ the next time we visit Corpus Christi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Planning to stay for the weekend. Original reservations were at the La Quinta closer to the university however read it was motel style and I don't like those. Found this hotel a little further from TAMUCC however decided to try it out. It was a very clean, friendly hotel. Would stay again and recommend. Breakfast was a good variety and selection. Service was very quick and room was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here for a mini vacation right before the kids went back to school. The staff was extremely friendly and very professional. The hotel was clean and the the beds were nice. My 2 young children had a blast! The BREAKFAST was the BEST! It was hot and had a lot of variety more so than any other "free" breakfast that we have had. It was also close to many tourist attractions! I left my neckalace by the pool and when they found it, they mailed it back to me. I am so thankful for the staff for returning my neckalace. We love it!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank montoya r
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel is very clean which is a big deal for us with 2 kids. The breakfast is better than the other "free breakfast" hotels in my opinion. The pillows and bed are a little too soft for me. The kids loved the pool and the bathrooms are right next to the pool which helps; kept very clean too which was a surprise with all the kids coming in and out of the pool. Friendly front desk staff which is always a plus when you've been driving for 7 hours.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Abrarut
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed at this La Quinta for two nights. Check in was fast and efficient. The stay was really great! The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good and well stocked. We had a room with a whirlpool in it. This was a very nice room. This La Quinta looks like it is fairly new. The bed was extremely comfortable, but the pillows needed to be firmer for me, but overall I loved staying here. I would stay here and recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MojoBeau12
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My family and our two poodles recently stayed at this La Quinta during our first visit to Corpus Christi. They treated us and our dogs very well. Room was neat and clean, looked very new, and everything worked fine. They tried to give us dinning suggestions, that really didn't work out, but they tried which was the important thing.

If you're traveling with a dog, I'd recommend this, and other, La Quintas.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family