“Decent stay”

Ranked #24 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Killeen
“Decent stay”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Other then the musty smell on the 2nd floor and our bed being uncomfortable it was a decent stay. They were painting and renovating but we noticed a mildew type smell. Our bed rolled toward the middle. It was decent for the money and the breakfast was good. Even with renovations it was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love staying here every time we're in corpus. Rooms are always clean and they have the best breakfast. Highly recommend. Ok it's not letting me post my review because it has to be at least 200 character. I love love love this place.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I generally don't write reviews unless something is really good or really bad. However, I felt compelled to write a review b/c it seems hotels in Corpus Christi are not so great, worn and beaten up by frequent travelers (in spite of good ratings) LQ-airport was VERY clean, inside and out-lobby, pool, rooms. Staff were friendly, accommodating and professional. Breakfast variety was nice and clean! Price- reasonable compared to others of similar quality. Easy access @ town but not close to water. Highly recommend! Definitely worth the $14 bucks more we paid to stay here instead of where rest of team stayed. Keep the same quality and we'll be back!

1 Thank 279vickyc
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ok but not the best la quinta I've ever stayed in. We went on a family vacation to see the beach and meusums. Its pretty close to every one of our destinations about a 10 min drive to mcgee beach and about 10 to the meusums. This hotel is pretty clean but my parents found a cockroach in their room. The swimming pool and jacuzzi seemed pretty dirty and nasty there were spiders all over the patio furniture which pretty much lets you know they don't clean outside very often. Breakfast was great in the mornings they kept it pretty full and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The second night we were there our vehicle got robbed and so did some other customers truck. Front desk only told me they would have to wait for their manager who apparently didn't work until the day we left. Most of the staff up front was very nice and helpful but at one point we needed room towels and they had none so we had to use our beach towels to dry off after showering. This hotel is pet friendly which my parents liked cause of their little dog but the barking of other dogs all night kept my husband a wake so if you don't enjoy animals this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank ceci k
Corpus Christy
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I made reservations online for my family of five to stay in one room. When we arrived, the room had only two queen beds and was NOT a suite although the online reservation indicated that five could stay in one room. When I returned to the front desk, the girl told me that they don't have roll away beds, and the only suites they have with couch beds have king sized beds. She also told me that this was a problem they have had when people book online. This girl was very nice, but NOTHING was done to remedy the issue. We were not offered any help short of them mentioning that the hotel next door might have suites.

Also, the second floor and the hotel room smelled very musty. I do not recommend this hotel. We were able to use their business center to search the net for a different hotel which we did without their help.

• Stayed June 2014
corpus christi, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a good time, the room was clean no problem the temperature of room was good, the breakfast maybe alittle better. the pool was nice. over all stay was great. we stayed there for my daughters softball tournament

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family