“This HGI hit everything just right”

Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Lexington, Kentucky
“This HGI hit everything just right”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I love HGI properties. Sure, some of them fall short, but they usually stick to a winning formula and this one was no exception. Every staff member with whom I interacted shined brightly, from Gustavo working the facilities to Lorie Lee working the bar and evening dining room, to the great breakfast staff, to AJ at the front desk, and to Art, the manager, who I first met as he was walking around the grounds, inspecting the exterior.
Standard HGI rooms. Our first stay here was a straightforward king room, our second stint saw us in the "suite" configuration. I recommend the suite if you need more room, but either should do. Neutrogena toiletries, nice sleepnumber beds, I like the HGI breakfasts. Sure, if I was a family and had to pay for it I'd be miffed but since I am Diamond with the HHonors program I get comped breakfast. They always have good fresh fruit assortment, a wide selection of breads and pastries, good fresh REAL oatmeal, and eggs made to order. The fellows working the kitchen at this HGI know what they're doing. They made me poached eggs with no troubles and I watched them work at night as I sat and had a wine or two while chatting with Lorie the bartendress. They don't mess around!
I never had housekeeping touch my rooms (never do) so can't speak to them. I did not try the pool nor the fitness center this time around but they did have a multi-station weight machine which looked to be in decent repair and their elliptical looked to be a little old. There was one TV for the whole room whereas I prefer the seperate monitors on the elliptical/bike/treadmills so that I can plug my headphones in and zone out for an hour of cardio.
I also stayed at the Hampton Inn on Navigation Blvd. and at the Holiday Inn on the Bayshore this past month. I'd recommend the Hilton Garden Inn above all, easily and handily. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Bring AJ at front desk some Grimaldi's pizza - personal size w/ mushrooms & extra cheese
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KYknowitall
amenendez39, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Thank you for your great review of our hotel we all appreciate your kind words. I made a copy of your comments for the staff, they were very impressed with your detail and we all appreciate you remembering our names. You are right AJ loves her Pizza. Just so you know we are planning to revamp our exercise room sometime in early 2012 with a great new look from the new Hilton design. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Great stay at this hotel which had great service and breakfast was great. the room were very clean and the bed very comfortable. I would stay there again

Room Tip: Booked this hotel from their website and got the best price that beats priceline etc....
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank hlsr12
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our wonderful hotel. I am happy to hear all of the positive comments about our hotel and staff. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn is committed to excellence in our service and product, and we constantly strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Humble, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn in Corpus Christi at approximately 10pm on June 22nd and checked into the hotel. We carried our kids to the room only to find that the room was a smoking double, and not the non-smoking King suite we had reserved. When we went back to the front desk, the representative indicated that no other rooms were available, and there was nothing she could do because I was the last one to check in. After calling the Hilton Honors phone line I was able to make alternate arrangements for my vacation at an Embassy Suites hotel a few miles down the road. While I appreciate the folks at Embassy Suites accommodating us, I can't help but feel that the team at the Hilton Garden Inn "got away" with their actions, because in the end they did not have to change anything. Meanwhile, my family and I were forced to relocate late in the evening, and stay at an older hotel that was further away from our vacation destinations. Very disappointed with the conduct of the hotel staff and management, and generally displeased with the experience we had with Hilton during our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank TFO25
BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We are pleased to announce our hotel is now owned by one of the top management companies in the country and is undergoing a complete renovation this year. We have already made very many improvements and the hotel is amazing. I would like to invite you back to the hotel on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Regards,
austin
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This Garden Inn is very clean and a good place to stay to be close to the ocean as well as restaurants. This time we got the suite we reserved and were very pleased with the room. Other tips from this visit: There is a Cheddars restaurant nearby that wasn't there last year. The food was very good with very reasonable prices. We went to the botanical gardens and enjoyed it. It looks like a very small area when you drive up, but there are some trails that are very nice and plenty of exhibits and nature to see.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annieAustin

Katy, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I spend two nights and the service, location and value for my money was excellent. The breakfast buffet is very good. A lot of restaurants in the area and the staff was very friendly. I will like to recommend this hotel because is great!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grace56062

West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed 28 January 2011

As always, making my reservation took less than 3 minutes using the Hilton website.

The hotel is easy to find with excellent freeway access and location near services, restaurants, and entertainment.. The hotel offers plenty of convenient and free parking.

The gentleman on the front desk who checked me in was a disappointment. He seemed inexperienced and spoke too rapidly and with a heavy accent. Moreover, he had no knowledge of local restaurants and services (I had to do my own internet searches). However, aside from the guy on the front desk, my stay at this HGI was fine.

The hotel itself is set back front the freeway frontage road and is quiet, very clean, and well-maintained. My room was on the third floor and was also very clean, with a spotless duvet and a very comfortable bed.

I am a long-time Hilton Diamond HHonors member, and virtually all of my domestic hotel stays are at HGI properties for reasons (as in this case) include: free and convenient parking, free high-speed internet, a free and well-equipped business center, a clean indoor pool and a free and well-equipped fitness center, and a restaurant offering good food at reasonable prices.

The property, my room, and all of the usual HGI amenities made for a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Were it not for the guy on the front desk, I would have given this property a 5/5 rating. Notwithstanding that, I recommend this property to you.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Flying_Lawyer

TX
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We spend one night. The hotel sits back from the freeway and was quiet. The grounds, lobby, room were clean and fresh looking. The free light breakfast should be expanded to include items for people on diets/no sugars, etc. For example, how about plain yogurt, 2% yogurt, bananas (not just apples). Also, signage needs to be improved so guests on the far side of the hotel know how to get to the lobby. I got locked outside between the pool & the hotel with no way in because I thought it was the way to get to the lobby. Not a "bargain," but clean, comfortable, quiet.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
amenendez39, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn in Corpus Christi Texas provides services comparable to that of a full service hotel at a reasonable value to our guest. We provide services like free internet connection, lounge, full service restaurant, room service and many more amenities. Our King size beds self adjusting system is unique to our Brand. The staff is friendly and hospitable, waiting for your next visit. Thank you again for your kind words.