“Would stay again”

Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Rowlett, Texas
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our Anniversary Getaway as well as for Sons Band Competition. The Hotel is very clean and welcoming. Sheila at the front desk is sooooo nice and accommodating. We were brought up chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for our anniversary and the service is great. There is some construction going on behind the hotel, but still easy to get to. The bed is very comfy. The hotel is right off the highway and close to restaurants and shopping. It isn't on the beach but 15mins away. I would definitely stay here again. Only reason not giving 5 star because the breakfast isn't continental.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our beautiful hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The entire staff works very hard to assure all of our guests have the best stay possible. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Barbara Israel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
crete, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Pleasant stay would stay here again, it's what I would expect out of a good Hotel. Thanks Garden Inn your Hilton lived up to it's name and what you are all about. Big plus is having great staff only hope you pay them a real living wage.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our beautiful hotel. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, we have an amazing staff that is always ready to help in any way they can to assure our guests have the best stay possible, and yes, we take very good care of them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently had an event in town where my family needed four rooms for two nights. The staff was very accommodating and the sales manager gave us a block rate for both nights. The hotel was clean and is a very good location. The pool is outside and well kept. There is construction on Williams Rd currently, but it does not affect getting to the hotel from the front entrance. New People's restaurant just went in right in front which was very inexpensive yet decent quality. The only thing holding this back from a 5 is no continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing a review of our wonderful hotel. I am so happy to hear we were able to provide you with accommodations for your group. Thank you for noticing how clean our hotel is and I agree with you, it is in a fantastic location. I am however sorry you did not get a chance to order the wonderful expanded continental breakfast we offer. Our continental breakfast includes everything from fresh fruits to a "steel cut" oatmeal bar. The continental breakfast is great when your looking for something a little less than our traditional full American breakfast that also includes the continental breakfast. During your next visit to Corpus Christi, I hope you will give it a try.

Huntsville, AL, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Hilton Gardens Hotel Corpus Christi, Texas is a wonderful hotel. It has great amenities to include outstanding breakfast, happy hour from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. (I do not drink), but the snacks and the soda were great. To top all that off, the staff was excellent especially with giving directions, this was a great comfort seeing I had not been in the Corpus Christi area in quite a while. I would be happy to stay there again whether it be business or personal travel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for writing a review of our beautiful hotel. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, we have an amazing staff that is always ready to help in any way they can to assure our guest have the best stay possible. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

SEWER GAS!!!!! That's right, they know about it, and when the wind is out of a certain direction, it can affect 50 rooms. We're not talking about a mildly irritating odor, we are talking instant loss of stomach contents. ...NO EXAGGERATION! The assistant manager told me today that the problem has existed since the building was finished 7 years ago. MCR Development, LLC, the property owners from NYC refuse to spend the money to fix it. The general manager, Barb Israel, knows about it but has not shut the rooms down for occupancy. This is DANGEROUS gas levels. NO WAY will I ever be back. Shame on Hiltons for allowing this type of problem to persist.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dan S
BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sorry you had such an experience at our hotel. I would like to invite you to contact me again so that I might help you to gain a more accurate understanding of the issue. As we explained to you earlier, we are located next to a city lift station which, at times, releases a mild unpleasant odor. Unfortunately, this is common in Corpus Christi, and even more unfortunate, there is nothing that can be done about it. This unusual smell only makes its way to our hotel when the wind is blowing in a certain direction, which is usually in the late fall and through the winter months. However, it can make its way to us in early Spring as it obviously did the night you stayed. When this occurs, it only affects 8 rooms, and during these times we do close down those rooms. The odor is in no way harmful, if that were the case noone would live in Corpus Christi. There is a large hospital just on the other side of us, as well as an upscale apartment complex just behind us, both having been here for years as well. Our guests are usually never even aware when these few rooms are affected. Again, I encourage you to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Barbara L. Israel
Kermit,Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Corpus Christi was very pleasant.The staff was extremely helpful with directions and recommending places.Jade assisted me in loading my belongings at check-out and refused to take a tip.All of the staff was friendly and helpful.The hotel was very clean and attractive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for writing a review of our wonderful hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Jade is just one of the amazing staff members we have who will alwyas go out of their way to assure our guests have the best sstay possible. I am also happy to hear how much you enjoyed how beautiful and clean our hotel is. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus christi.

Kindest Regards,
Barbara L. Israel
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and loved it so much that I chose to stay there again from 4/1/14 to 4/7/14. I definitely will NOT be staying there again. I paid for my stay using the advance purchase option to get a better a rate. I booked my reservation on 3/8/14. On Friday, 3/14/14, I got a phone call from the manager at the Hilton, Gabriel Jimenez. He informed me that he believed my debit card may have been charged twice. I logged in to my bank account and saw that I had been charged an additional $731.00. Since it was a weekend he wasn't able to get the money released back to me until Monday, 3/17/14. I was without that money, which I needed for a weekend trip that I was suppose to take. For my inconvenience Gabriel said he would give me and my guest free breakfast for our entire stay and upgrade us to a suite. I would have preferred a partial refund but was willing to accept his offer being that he said it was a "fluke" incident. I arrived at the hotel on April 1, 2014 and was told that they saw that I was suppose to get a suite but that they had none available. I told the desk attendant the situation and she told me that Gabriel would be in on April 2. I told her that I had to leave the hotel early in the AM and wouldn't be back until after business hours. She made no attempt to have Gabriel call me to discuss the situation. I got into my room and the AC was off so the room was extremely warm and the deadbolt on the door didn't work. When I returned to the hotel on 4/2 I asked if Gabriel was there. The desk attendant (different from the previous day) said he was gone but believed he would be back that day. She took down my phone number and offered to have him call me. I was leaving to go have dinner that night and the same desk attendant saw me and said that Gabriel was by the hotel bar. I saw Gabriel standing behind the bar conversing with two guests that we're sitting there. I approached him and asked if I could speak with him privately. I introduced myself and told him the multiple issues that I had already had. He made multiple excuses about the suite not being available and said that he would get me into "the best room in the hotel" tomorrow and offered me free dinner for the night. I told him that I already had dinner plans. He told me that he would give me free dinner another night and some free drinks at the bar but never followed through with that. On 4/3 I was able to get into "the best room in the hotel". Apparently the best room in the hotel is a handicap accessible room that is right next to the utility room and would start making banging sounds at 6 am every morning. I spoke with Gabriel about my frustrations and he made more excuses. He never offered to give a partial refund for my stay despite multiple flyers around the hotel saying that your satisfaction was guaranteed or you didn't pay. I come to Corpus Christi every year or two and I told Gabriel I would not be staying at this hotel ever again. On top of the management issues, the beds were extremely uncomfortable and didn't work as advertised (they claim you can adjust the firmness). The pool was dirty and had paper, plastic bags, and leaves floating in it. I will say the breakfast and breakfast staff were VERY good! The good news, there's a Hyatt place and a marriott going in right next to this hotel that I can stay at in the future!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sorry you had the experience you did while staying with us. As you can tell by all of the wonderful reviews we receive, your experience is not typical of our hotel. I am happy that we were able to get the issue with your credit card taken care of so quickly and that we were able to get you into one of our largest rooms with free breakfast. I am not sure what noise you heard at 6am each morning since we do not start cleaning guest rooms until 8:30, but I will look into it and I thank you for bringing it my attention. I was pleased to have heard from our Chief Engineer who said he spoke to you several times at the pool telling him and how nice the pool was and how much you were enjoying your stay. I hope you will decide to stay with us again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Kindest Regards,