“Gone downhill since our last visit”

Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 23 June 2014

As one of the nicer places to stay in Corpus, you expect more from a Hilton. Unfortunately, our stay this time was worse than our last visit.

The king bed was their special Hilton Garden Sleep mattress. It was mushy no matter what the dials were set to. If you like to sink way way down in a mattress, you might like this mattress. Literally a big depression would form where your body was. Also the sheets and pillow cases were scratchy. Given the bad bed, I wouldn't stay here again.

The room was incredibly humid, even with the a/c running all the time at a cold temperature. The towels never dried in the bathroom, with the door standing open all day and night. The carpet had this odd slick, damp feel, so that I had to wear shoes the whole time.

Finally the TV was mounted so you could only see it from the bed. Plus there were only 36 channels, some which were hotel advertising.

On the upside, the staff again were exceptionally friendly and pleasant. For the most part, the hotel was quiet, although you could hear people next door and walking above.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor since you can hear people walking around on the floor above
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Deborah C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear eilers78751,

Please accept my apology for the issues you mentioned during your stay. I appreciate the feedback so we can work on these improvements. We have went ahead and replaced your mattress now per your comments, and will be replacing all bedding during our $1.5 million dollar renovation that will begin mid September.

I have also asked our Chief Engineer to repair/replace the A/C in the room you stayed in.

I'm happy to report that we are getting an upgraded selection of TV channels very soon. The contract has been signed, and the site survey will be done this Thursday as we will be getting fiber cable installation to upgrade our television channels as well as our internet!

Thank you for the recognition of our service and I will be sure to share this with our team as they like to know they had a positive impact on our guests stay.

We hope you will come back and see all of our improvements!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel have some serious problems with their beds because they are worn out since 1 year ago and nobody has done anything to resolve this issue. They don't open their restaurant on sundays because they say it's not cost efficient. Of course, if you DON'T open it, customers will not eat or drink

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hugo Y,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your honest feedback with us. We have replaced the mattress in your room since we received your feedback, so thank you. I also wanted to let you know that we will be receiving a $1.5 million dollar renovation beginning in mid-September which will include new bedding in all rooms.

Our restaurant is currently closed on Sundays, however we do have food and drinks for sale in our Pavillion Pantry 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

We hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was a great stay! Nice clean rooms, beautiful lobby, inviting pool area, and the AC got good and cold!! This location was on the way to the northern end of Padre Island and a close drive to most parts of the city. There were plenty of places to eat nearby, as well as the usual late night eateries. There was a breakfast buffet in the morning that prepared your food to order, not food waiting on steam tables. A couple of usual drawbacks. One person handling check ins at the posted check in time. I will say that another clerk came out and logged on and helped move the line
quickly. There were several staff members on the floor for breakfast service so there was not a lot of time waiting for anything. The only slip up was that they lost my brothers order, but he said they quickly took cafe of him. Bottom line, the pluses outweighed the minuses and I would gladly stay here again and recommend this site to a friend. Oh, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ramon B,

Thank you for staying with us! We're glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable, and I apologize for any issues you encountered. I am the new General Manager here and our priority is to make sure that everyone's stay is a great one. I'm sorry we lost your brother's breakfast order but am glad we took care of it quickly.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team as we take pride in the good, and work hard to improve any areas where we are lacking, so thank you for your feedback.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This a very convenient area. Plenty of dining and entertainment options. Very quick to get to Corpus Christi and South Padre Island. This is a good HGI. It is exactly what you expect. Clean, friendly, convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Deborah C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Kyle C,

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with other travelers, and especially for choosing to stay with us!

We strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms and exceptional service with a smile.

Your "Best around" review makes us proud that we were able to impact your stay in Corpus Christi. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Enjoyed my staff. Staff was very helpful. I lost an earring and the receptionist asked other staff members to help. The rooms were quiet and clean and the breakfast was make to order. I used the equipment in the exercise room and the area had many other shopping locations and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Diann B,

Thank you for staying with us and for recognizing our team! I hope you were able to find your earring? I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room and our breakfast (you can't beat cook-to-order!), as well as our fitness center.

Our location definitely is great whether you want to go to the beach, shop till you drop, or just relax. We're glad you chose to stay with us!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Family and I stayed for a short vacation. Having all 4 of my kids the accommodations were great. Location a big plus! Easy in and easy out! Restaurants and fast in minutes! Hotel was very clean and hotel staff very friendly! A must stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Marie T
Deborah C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Marie T,

How exciting that you were able to get away for a short vacation with all of your kids! We're glad you enjoyed everything we have to offer and sharing your experience with other travelers.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a Hilton Diamond member and been for years. HGI is one of my #1 choices.

The staff at this HGI are great. I was received with a smile and every member of staff on site greets you in a sincere friendly manner.

Great pool and breakfast.

I requested a late checkout and received it no problem.

I only have ONE big complaint. I'm not sure if this is the norm, but there are not enough breakfast staff to serve and assist in the mornings.
Especially on a long weekend when you're packed with people.

The poor girl on Monday morning did a great job in trying to keep up, but she had no way of doing it by herself. ALL the patrons noticed it.
The tables stood full of dirty dishes as new guests arrived for breakfast.

Like I said, the guests could see she's overwhelmed and like me, some just moved the stuff to one central table and wiped our own tables to help out. We would get up and refill our own drinks since it was impossible for the staff to do everything.

Another staff member (a man) noticed and started helping the girl by cleaning and prepping tables. ( maint/housekeeping super maybe?)

Each and every HGI I see at least 3 people handling the breakfast in the morning.

Breakfast was still great, the guests still happy.

I hope the girl that worked Memorial Monday morning receives a bonus for her efforts, she deserves it!

Stayed: May 2014
Deborah C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Willem-TX,

First let me thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton family and especially the Hilton Garden Inn brand. We appreciate your business and congratulate you on your continued Diamond status.

We're glad you and your son enjoyed our pool and breakfast during your stay, and it was our pleasure to provide you with a late check-out.

I apologize for the chaos at breakfast on the Memorial Day holiday. Though there is no excuse for it, we were extremely shorthanded (I was doing the dishes, our Chief Engineer helped refill items and one of our housekeepers pitched in to bus tables - it became a true team effort). We have hired additional people to be a part of our dining team so that our guests won't experience this in the future. Again, I'm sorry and really appreciate your understanding.

We thank you for your review and honest feedback and hope you will join us again on your next trip to Corpus Christi.