“Service is everything!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Elysian Fields, TX
“Service is everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is a nice, typical C. Suites...plesant in all the usual ways. What really stood out was the nice young lady named Julie that worked the front desk. It is so nice to have a cheerfull (and helpfull) person when you arrive. I had to speak with her on the phone prior to my arrival and she was great. Once I got there, even better. She thanked me for being a Platinum Member and was outstanding in her customer service. It is people such as her that make a particular property shine.
It is best, if using a GPS, to call and get an alternate address. This location will trip up your unit if you put in the actual address. Even then, you will find it a pain to get here...although in fact, it is well located.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bracebridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was our first time staying at a Candlewood Suite extended stay facility (3 nights). The business center, free laundry, well stocked canteen were great. While the suite was roomy with full-sized fridge, a microwave, dual hot plate and dishwasher, it had a unpleasant musty odor that hit you when you entered. The elevator, stairwells and hallways were dirty and had not been vacuumed during our stay. The fabric cushioned kitchen chairs in the suite were badly stained and there was dust on horizontal surfaces. The end of the hall fire doors to the stairwells did not have controlled closure so the banging of these steel doors was frequently heard at all hours. The facility was at full capacity and ran out of extra pillows and for a short time, toilet paper.

The front desk staff member we spoke with was not familiar with how to start or program the fitness equipment and once we figured it out ourselves 2 machines were non functional.

Needless to say we are underwhelmed with the management of this facility. With attention to the shortcomings described above, the accommodation value of this facility would be very good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear Jim M,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am pleased you found our business center, free laundry and well stocked canteen commendable. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you had experienced during your stay and I regret the cleanliness of our property fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Walking into the room was like walking into an ashtray, it completely stunk of smoke. It seems like the whole 3rd floor was a smoking floor because even the hallway stunk of smoke and there is only 3 floors. To say the least I left the hotel as I was not able to stay the night and they were not able to give me a different room nor a refund. I will never stay here again and do NOT recommend it. Also the pool was very small and there were a bunch of drunks every where, NOT a family place at all. The gas station a block away is a pool of alcoholics and possible homeless people, very questionable neighborhood.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ernesto S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Ernesto S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the condition of your room and the neighborhood of our hotel. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Once again many thanks for your feedback and we do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Karen C
Nashua NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting family in Corpus Christi. The biggest issue was actually getting to the hotel -- even my cousin, who is a CC native, had a problem finding the entrance. However, the room was nice, the front desk staff was pleasant, and it was good to have the kitchenette. It wasn't a five star hotel by any means, but it worked out well for our purposes.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear gssuzy,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We are delighted to read our hotel room and services worked out well for you. We are very sorry you had a problem finding our location. We appreciate feedback from our valued guests, like you, as this gives us the avenue to target problem areas.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Decent stay at this hotel. Got a smaller room, top floor in the smoking section as these rooms are typically quieter as non smoking rooms are in more demand. The kitchen area was very well equipped with plates, silverware, a toaster, coffee maker, and a microwave with a pyrex dish. Everything in the kitchen was very clean, and looked almost new. The carpets and bedding all looked pretty clean as well, and the furnature looked clean too. The bedding was a little older, but I was not worried as it seemed pretty clean. The pillows were a little too soft, but firmer pillows could be found from housekeeping if needed. The shower and bathroom were decent, with a brand new, unopened tissue box and plenty of towels and washcloths. The grout needed some cleaning, and there were cracks in the corners of the walls, but nothing severe. The drains also produced sort of a smell, probably from not being used in a while as disappeared one shower in. The sink stopper was also broken, but again, not a big deal.
Front desk offered loaner DVD movies and even books to pass the time, which I thought was a neat idea. Service was very good each day, and the grounds outside were also very clean. The only minor issues were the odd location of the hotel. I entered a shopping center the first time only to meet up with a high concrete curb. The second time, I drove into a bank parking lot only to find a brick wall too tall to jump. The third time I found it, just watch the yield as you almost have to look behind you while you drive when entering/exiting. I actually found it easier to jump the curb and drive into the shopping center parking lot than use it. (I have a Wrangler, so wouldn't recommend this if you drove a car, truck maybe. j/k, don't do this!) Another issue is, on weekends, the parking lot behind the hotel (facing rooms on the back side) is a meeting place for kids in import wanna-be racers. The sound of reving engines and burnouts is music to my ears, but most people would be annoyed by this as it goes on for hours and well past midnight. I might actually not recommend this to people who are light sleepers on the weekends. Hotel management might want to work with law enforcement to prevent this from killing business on weekends for them.

This place is listed as extended stay, but I would recommend this for even short stays. I enjoyed it, and think some others would too. Just take my info combined with other reviews and go from there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

we went me and my family and we loved the rooms there and service was great for sure i am going to stay here my next holiday the people are great even if you call at 3:00 am someone will help you thank you guys .

Room Tip: close to anywhere u want to go
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank adham s
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Great rate for this hotel. Looked a bit sketchy from the outside when I arrived - some of the windows wide open and a traveling carnival in the parking lot next door. Once inside though, it was pretty nice. A little worn in the hallways, but the room was nice and bed very comfortable. Surprisingly quiet considering the carnival was just outside my window. Staff was exceptionally courteous and friendly. Location is a little confusing, as it is in the corner of the S. Padre Island Drive/Crosstown Expressway intersection. It's not easy to find great hotels in Corpus Christi, so this was an OK choice, expecially given the price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business