After driving 10 hours from Dallas to Corpus (very bad rain storm) we got to the hotel about 10.30pm. Fell asleep about 11.30pm. Was woken up at 1am by loud laughter and talking. The noise was coming from right outside the lobby front doors. My room was right above the lobby, room 208. Called down stairs and asked to ask the people out front to lower their voices. Front desk told me they have a right to smoke outside and that they are not being loud at all and suggest I close my window, which was not open. I told him that I have not problem with people smoking , that my window was not open and that they are loud and woke me up. Waited 10 minutes, called again to front desk and let the guy know exactly what their conversation was about. He said, "Oh", and it was quite after that. Second night I thought I was being smart and bought some wax ear plugs. At 4am I was woken up by a big thud from the room upstairs. Took my ear plugs out and they were having a party. Loud laughing, stomping on the floor and very loud talking. Called again down stairs and same guy on duty said he would take care of it. The noise finally stopped at 6am. As I was leaving the hotel, what I thought was a mouse ran across the hall into the work out room with 3 guys chasing it. I asked if it was a mouse and they said no, a rat. I come to Corpus at least three times a year and always stay in Holiday Inn hotels. Well this weekend there was an air show so there were slim picks for hotels, but thought we would give this one a try since they are owned by Holiday Inn. WRONG. DON'T EVER STAY HERE, UNLESS YOU LIKE GETTING NO SLEEP AND RATS!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corpus Christi, Texas hotel is convenient to businesses and attractions. For a comfortable stay within minutes of downtown Corpus Christi businesses and the beautiful Gulf Coast, choose the Candlewood Suites of Corpus Christi. Our hotel is only seven miles from Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP). Magee Beach, Padre Island, Corpus Christi Bay and Gulf of Mexico beaches are within minutes of our hotel. Other Corpus Christi, TX attractions like the Texas State Aquarium, USS Lexington and Corpus Christi Botanical Gardens are six miles from our hotel. Corpus Christi's premier shopping center, the newly renovated La Palmera with more than 100 stores, is only three miles away.Our hotel near Corpus Christi Airport is perfect for business travelers, with the American Bank Convention Center only four miles away. You'll find major companies like Flint Hills Pipelines, Whataburger Restaurants, the Naval Air Station, Corpus Christi Trade Center and the Refinery District within 11 miles of our Corpus Christi extended stay hotel. We meet your needs by offering a 24-hour business center, free guest laundry and free high-speed Internet.While lodging in Corpus Christi, take a dip in the pool by the Gazebo Grill. For a night indoors, you can check out a free movie from the lending library, purchase snacks at the Candlewood Cupboard and relax while watching the 32' flat screen TV. Our Corpus Christ hotel invites you to consider us home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Extended Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Candlewood Suites