“unfortunate timing”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #49 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 5 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Del P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Loved this place. Cheap and so nice. Great value. It's almost luxury like. I wish all $40-$60 range hotels were this nice. I didn't have the same problems others had. And I love that my dog is FREE! The room was nice and big and clean. I was just so impressed by the quality of the room and hotel overall.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle J
Del P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving positive feedback I am glad you like the quality and space of our rooms. I truly appreciate you giving me this information to share with my staff. We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Rooms was clean , just the smell of animals, when you walked out of the room. The
carpet was wet the smell was terrible. I came down for a funeral of one of my sibling and was really disappointed with the smell in the hall way. My daughter stayed up stairs and it was nice.
I do not plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you I am very sorry that you had to deal with the smell of dogs I did any how go ahead and correct the sittuation. I can assure you our goal is to make sure all our guest are very satisfied with the room they are sleeping in. if you would like to speak to me further about the information I provided, you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

We spent 2 nights in this hotel. First night was fine, except we woke up with itchy bug bites. Then our computer mouse was stolen as we forgot it in the lobby for a minute and ran back to find it gone. At 3 am we got our confirmation about the beg bugs as they were running around the room and the sheets were blood-stained. We quickly packed our bags and got downstairs to complain and the host didnt even want to see the bugs we had caught and put us to another room. The room was fine, but we spent the night going through our stuff for bugs. At check-out the manager didnt believe our story of the bedbugs and sent people to the room to confirm out story and then offered a one night refund. And we had to call expedia ourselves just to have the expedia-secretary call the hotel and handle everything with them.

Room Tip: Check for bugs and this hotel is ok for the price.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank purnukka

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you I am very sorry that you feel you had bed bugs in your room I can assure you our goal is to make sure all our guest are very satisfied with the room they are sleeping in. I contacted my local pest company and they treated the room , if you would like to speak to me further about the info I provided you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Clean rooms. Nice kitchen area. beautiful covered beds. Nice pool. This is the nicest hotel ive been to. Super kind staff. It has a nice little workout center to exercise. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for awesome quality.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Liljay5575

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I truly appreciate you giving us positive feedback I am sure my staff will be happy to hear about your stay.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Made a one night reservation at RR Inn since it was convenient to Whataburger Field and cheap for a quick hit and run stay in Corpus Christi. Arrived at 3, which is check in time and rooms were not ready. Working in the industry myself, I made sure to wait until that time yet we had to wait in the lobby for 30 min. When the room was ready, I was assigned to 111 and I soon discovered a wet carpet in between the two beds which made the room smell musty. There were 3 of us so later that evening I asked for 2 extra pillows (only 4 in the room) and was told they had no more. Since departing, I discovered that they billed my card that I used to make the reservation with, yet swiped my wife's card at arrival which subsequently changed the name on the reservation. Lots of little mishaps and a crummy explanation and attitude from the assistant GM when I spoke to him on the phone in regards to the billing questions. "I don't know" does not cut it for me, especially in our service oriented business. First and last time I'll ever stay there or at a RR Inn again period.

• Stayed: November 2012
Del P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I have instructed my AGM AND FRONT DESK to follow certain procedures when refunding our guest, if a mistake is made where a guest is accidently charged twice I can advise you that in some occasions your bank might place a hold on your account but, I want to make sure you are a happy guest so if this ever happens again I will be happy to take care of the situation myself, if you would like to speak to me further about the info I provided you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The room didn't have any conveniences like a small fridge, microwave or coffee machine but they did have an eating area in the lobby with free coffee. So if you are looking for a cheap place to stay and need a room fast, this is the place. On weekends it does get a little loud and busy. Walls are thin like and definite running and jumping can be felt. But I thought the customer service was excellent from the cleaning personnel to the manager. Very helpful. And also, it is pet friendly so that is an extra plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank adamNeve2012
Del P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving the great feedback I have instructed my front desk to make sure and offer premium rooms when available these rooms include Micro-Fridges (microwave and fridge) Iron, board and coffee maker if you would like to speak to me further about the info I provided you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.