“All New” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas
“All New”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This Courtyard is in the final stages of renovation. Looking at it, it's only a week or two away from finishing. Staff are up beat, and have excellent attitude, as I am sure working in a construction zones has not been easy.
Rooms are new and great decor. Will stay here again. Paid $169 per night.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Italianjob744
Mike M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott-Corpus Christi. We know that when you come to Corpus Christi that you have many establishments to choose from and we cannot thank you enough for choosing to stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your gracious comments concerning our new upgrades in our guest rooms and our amazing staff. I will pass on your comments concerning the staff in our daily meetings as well. It is truly an honor to be able to serve our guests and when you leave happy, and then we have done our job.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Corpus Christi area.

Mike May

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in May and loved my stay. The lobby is still under construction so they offered complimentary breakfast in the mornings. The room was superb, I definitely like the new look. Staff were extremely helpful. Only thing that lacked was a sign on the highway indicating where it was.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank NatGW
Mike M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Good Morning,

I would also like to thank you for your comments concerning our new upgrades in our guest rooms and our staff. I will pass on your comments concerning the staff in our daily meetings as well. It is truly an honor to be able to serve our guests and when you leave happy, then we have done our job.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable. My only complaint is that the shower I had did not have much power. This could be because I was for some reason placed in a handicap accessible room and the shower was meant to be used as a handheld wand. The breakfast was good but only happened to be free for me in the group that was staying here. (Maybe something to do with package that I booked- not really sure). Paul Mitchell products which I like as that is what I use at home. Overall, great stay and friendly staff. In the future would stay again but might request a regular room.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Good Afternoon,

I would also like to thank you for your comments concerning our new upgrades in our guest rooms. I will pass on your comments concerning the staff in our daily meetings as well.

Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Corpus Christi area.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The rooms are brand new and much better than other courtyard properties. However, renovation is still in full swing so there is quite a bit of noise starting around 8-9am. Good location behind several other hotels right on freeway so rooms are quiet during the night. Service was friendly. Nice touch of quiet refrigerators and free wifi in rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Starthur
Chase M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott-Corpus Christi. We know that when you come to Corpus Christi that you have many establishments to choose from and we cannot thank you enough for choosing to stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your comments concerning our new upgrades in our guest rooms.

I sincerely apologize for the noise due to our renovation upgrades at this time. We are trying to get them completed as soon as possible for all guests to be able to enjoy our new Bistro and upgraded bar area. We are so excited that these changes are coming and we cannot wait until our guests get to enjoy them as well.

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel was undergoing renovations which was not a distraction because they were being performed outside normal rest hours. The room we stayed in had just been refurbished and was very clean an comfortable with a great bed. There were lots of nice touches, like a room fridge, free bottled water, internet, and a nice breakfast. All and all an enjoyable stay with extremely friendly staff in a somewhat difficult to find location but in an area close to lots of amenities.
Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: If a tub instead of a shower is important please specify.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vescared
Chase M, Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time during your trip.

Chase Malone, CHS
Bench Manager
North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was the 5th hotel I stopped at in Corpus Christi, the 4 before were sold-out, two of them were also Marriott's and they too had renovations. At 2am someone was working on the walls. At 8am there was pounding from renovations in the room above me. When staying at the hotel make sure the Marriot's are not doing renovations. The front staff was very kind. They have a hot breakfast and I'm sure it's nice to stay at otherwise.

Room Tip: If you'd like an even nicer hotel for the same price stay at the Radisson near the USS Lexington...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chase M, Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I'm so sorry that our renovations were a damper on your trip. I can assure you that our renovation team was not on the floors at 2 AM. We strive very hard at our facility to make sure we meet each and every one of our guests needs. We welcome you to return to our facility to see all of the renovations we are completing. We are hoping to be finished with renovations in June. Please reach out to me if you should have any other questions, concerns, or inquiries.

Chase Malone, CHS
Clovis, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at his hotel based on other reviews and was not disappointed. The hotel has been very recently renovated and everything seemed brand new. The room and beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was free. The only drawback was the price of their snacks so bring your own! It was $14 for 3 bottled sodas 2 bags of chips (small bags) and some M&M's. Also the hold they put on my credit card was for 20% more than the cost which they didn't tell me about. When I asked them later about the charge they said it was in case there were any damages. I will see. How the charge settles on my statement but they should have told me at checking about the additional hold. I still give it 5 bubbles!

Stayed April 2014
Chase M, Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us during your trip to Corpus Christi. We are still under renovation and will be creating our Bistro over the next few weeks. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property on your next trip to Corpus Christi.