“Clean and friendly”

Courtyard Corpus Christi
Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The location's lobby was being renovated when we arrived so I expected to hear a lot of noise. Much to my surprise I heard nothing. The room was fantastic. We didn't have time to eat breakfast, but looking at the crowd it must have been great. The location of the hotel is conveniently located near shopping malls, restaurants and the parking area is well lit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hitx94
Mike M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott-Corpus Christi.

We would also like to thank you for your understanding during our renovations. We hope that you would come back and see our upgraded Bistro, Fitness Room, and other lobby areas It is truly an honor to be able to serve our guests and when you leave happy, and then we have done our job.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Corpus Christi area.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Wife and I spent a rewards night here while we checked out the beach and the area for a romantic getaway. No complaints whatsoever and it was evident that the hotel was recently remodeled. I spend about 1/3 of my life in Marriott chains and this color scheme was a first. They have the bistro, free wifi, outdoor pool, and more. Very close to most chain eateries. About 30 minutes from the beaches of Padre island, 15 to USS lexington which are the two popular tourist areas. I reviewed those as well. Customer service was Marriott standards and thank you! Wife and I slept well, even though the beds are much firmer than I prefer. Video on youtube channel. Thanks for reading and if it helps give me a thumbs up!

Retired Army RANGER
Platinum Elite

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott-Corpus Christi.

I would also like to thank you for your gracious comments concerning our new upgrades hotel. It is truly an honor to be able to serve our guests and when you leave happy, and then we have done our job.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel while visiting family. The staff was very helpful upon check-in and the room was very clean. The mini-lobby was very cheerful and modern. The hotel had free wifi, nice Paul Mitchell hair products and very comfy beds.

Note to travelers- this hotel is tucked behind other hotels and not on the busy feeder road.

After settling in I made my way to the lobby to grab a snack. The employee at the restaurant suggested the soup with some well seasoned pita chips. The meal hit the spot and didn't break the bank. I noted the "grocery" area near the front desk and later grabbed a single serve wine. The hotel had a small pool area and workout room but, sadly I was very limited for time and unable to use them. I also saw a laundry area and business center near the lobby.

Breakfast was not included with my Priceline purchase of this stay. I gladly paid a very small amount for a Starbucks Coffee and breakfast sandwich.

The overall stay was an excellent value and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Google the location so you don't miss it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott-Corpus Christi.

I would also like to thank you for your gracious comments concerning our new upgrades in our guest rooms and our amazing Bistro and Hotel. I will pass on your comments concerning our hotel and cleanliness to our staff in our daily meetings as well. It is truly an honor to be able to serve our guests and when you leave happy, and then we have done our job.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I were in Corpus for a tennis tournament last weekend. The Courtyard was centrally located betweent the various facilities and priced very competitively. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with our various problems while we were there however I think they may have been seriously understaffed or at least under-trained. The bar was a nice feature. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in.
Now for the issues. On August 8 there was no water at the hotel until 4:00 p.m. We were told it would only be off for 2 hours in the morning, then it was supposed to be back on by 3:00 p.m. It was finally restored at 4:00 p.m. I understand there really wasn't anything they could do about it but it was a major annoyance. Our AC unit was leaking (condensation maybe?) and the carpet was damp. The solution was a blower that was left in our room on high for 24 hours. The pictures on the internet show a hot tub - there isn't one but the warmth of the pool water sort of makes up for it. There were cleaning carts blocking the hallways almost all day every day. The breakfast service is slow and very uncoordinated. My husband ordered cereal and all the server brought was a container of cereal - no milk, no bowl, no spoon. He never did get his banana.
Bottom line - I would stay here again because the room was great and the people were so nice but I would not pay the extra $10 for the "free" breakfast.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissT4TX
Mike M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott-Corpus Christi. We know that when you come to Corpus Christi that you have many establishments to choose from and we cannot thank you enough for choosing to stay with us.

I sincerely apologize that you had experienced any issues during your stay with us. The water was out due to a main water line break and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We are working hard at breakfast and have been making changes to better assist our guests for faster service. I hope that you come back again and see that we are making the right strides in our services to our guests.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Corpus Christi area.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Checked in late last night and the restaurant was closed. Had to brave it with the little grocery area they have. Nothing like a hot pocket and a few beers at 11 PM.

The staff was extremely nice. The gal at check-in was super. When I came downstairs later to raid the pantry again there was another person at the front desk. He was just as great as the first gal.

The room was clean, bed was comfy, plenty of hot water, cable worked, a/c was strong.....what else can you ask for on a quick business trip!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith L
Mike M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Good Morning,

I would also like to thank you for your gracious comments concerning our new upgrades in our guest rooms and our amazing Hotel. I will pass on your comments concerning our hotel and cleanliness to our staff in our daily meetings as well. It is truly an honor to be able to serve our guests and when you leave happy, and then we have done our job.

Thank you as well for the comments towards my front desk staff and I will pass them on as well. It is a pleasure that we were able to make your short trip as enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield in Austin before arriving in Corpus Christi's Courtyard. The rooms were much larger and had a great twin bed couch! There was a refrigerator and a bathtub! The pool was outside and the exercise room was great! The hotel was very pretty and the staff was the best especially Dustin!

Room Tip: Take your own drinks and food! Breakfast is not complimentary!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandybrown1
Mike M, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Good Morning

I would also like to thank you for your gracious comments concerning our new upgrades in our amazing Hotel and, of course, Dustin. I will pass on your comments concerning our hotel, staff, and cleanliness to our staff in our daily meetings as well. It is truly an honor to be able to serve our guests and when you leave happy, and then we have done our job.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights while doing the usual Corpus attractions. Was centrally located for beaches and the Texas State Aquarium area. Plenty of food options located around hotel if you didn't want to eat at pricier places. Hotel was very clean throughout. Housekeeping did an excellent job. Entire staff was very friendly and courteous. Always helpful with usual tourist questions. Would definitely stay here again solely based on location and friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2014

Good Afternoon,

I would also like to thank you for your gracious comments concerning our new upgrades in our amazing Hotel. I will pass on your comments concerning our hotel, staff, and cleanliness to our staff in our daily meetings as well. It is truly an honor to be able to serve our guests and when you leave happy, and then we have done our job.