“Good Hotel- a little expensive compared to others”

Courtyard Corpus Christi
Ranked #19 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Austin, TX
“Good Hotel- a little expensive compared to others”
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My wife, 17 month old daughter and I stayed here during the Memorial Day weekend. The hotel staff was excellent and very friendly. We asked for an early check-in and crib. Each request was carried through flawlessly. As earlier posts have mentioned, the hotel is a hidden off the road so you do have to keep a look out for it. There were a number of restaraunts, shopping areas, etc., nearby to satisfy any need the hotel couldn't provide. The only small gripe I have would be the service during the morning breakfast. They were short staffed and only had one guy manning the breakfast area for orders and table clearing. He got overwhelmed and we had to clear our own table. He had help the next day so the service was ok. The breakfast isn't anything special but acceptable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2009

Stayed here 1 night while in town on business. This property looks to have been opened in the last year. Nice lobby area/business center. Room was very clean, nice to have a 32" flatscreen tv, along with a sofa, and good work area. Internet connection was fast. The bathroom was very nicely sized, and had great water pressure. Only downside to the room was there is no mattress pad on the bed, so the somewhat thin sheets slip all over the mattress. Maybe I'm spoiled by Westin and Hyatt, but I thought they could do better.
Breakfast was good, decent selction of cereals/bagels/eggs and bacon. Would like to see a bit more fresh fruit out. The tea seemed to be instant( yuck), so you're better off with juice if you don't have the coffee.
As others have said, the hotel is hidden behind the Embassy Suites and a small office building. Map it out before you try to drive it the first time, you'll never see it from SPID. That said, the location proves very quiet at night.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2009

New hotel with comfortable beds and very clean. Nice lobby. Did not have breakfast there so can't comment on that. Love the flat screen television and I had no problems with internet service.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovethesouthwest25
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Good solid Courtyard Inn. Pretty new hotel. Rooms are clean and service friendly. Only problem is the hotel is located directly in back of the Embassy Suites. You cannot see the hotel from the highway and it is not well marked. I had to call the hotel just to find it. They really need to put up a sign to see where it is located.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Countcost
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2008

I have stayed here, the Fairfield (which is a hole in the wall) and recently this weekend at the Omni (which is filthy and old and overpriced). I would definitely pick this hotel for cleanliness, comfort, free parking, and great service. We did not eat breakfast but the coffee was wonderful (again unlike the Omni) and it was quiet (again unlike the Omni). It is not near the water but it is by the mall and the majority of the places to eat in town. Easy access to the bridges also. It is also cheaper than the downtown hotels. The couches in the room pull open so you can sleep 4 people but we did not. The rooms are a good size and we did not have a problem stretching out. Also the new flat screens are a bonus for football and have a great clear picture (neither offered by the Omni). Oh and the furniture is clean and the carpet is not covered in stains making you want to keep your shoes on (guess what, yep opposite of the Omni).

• Liked — CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN
  • Disliked — AWAY from the Water
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank amb2006
Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2008

I am a frequent business traveler. I fly to Corpus Christi on business at least 20 times per year. I recently stayed at the relatively new Courtyard Marriott on Flynn Parkway for three nights. This was my first and last stay at that property.

I had one major problem with this hotel. The "high speed" internet service moved at a dial-up like speed. The hotel has both wired and wireless access and both crawled along like nothing I have seen since before the advent of broadband and DSL. I gathered from conversations with hotel staff that this was not untypical.

I have seen slow hotel networks in my travels, but never anything like this. When I contacted hotel management, they were polite but offered no real explanation and, most importantly, nothing changed during my time there.

I must have internet access when I am on the road because of my job. I had a great deal of work to do each night. I became so frustrated that on two evenings I took a cab to a FedEx Kinko's to work.

It is hard for me to describe the level of my disappointment with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2008