other travellers have booked this property
Dining and Kitchen
Dining and Kitchen
Bathroom
Romantic dining
Front porch
Fish from your own private dock!
The view from the back patio
Grill by the water
Hang your beach towels at this Island getaway!
Front view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

madsmom01...
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“doesn't even come close to description”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

when we pulled up the smell of the ocean hit us and was great. That's where great ended. The smell of the house was another matter. It says just remodeled it would have been nice if had been cleaned. The smell of mildew was through the house. House was cheaply furnished. The bed post on the bed in the master bedroom was laying on the bed completely broken off. In both bathrooms there was dirt that had engrossed the baseboard and stains of some matter I don't even want to think of what it was. It looked like someone spattered matter on the walls cabinets and baseboard. My first instinct was to leave but we had already had difficulty finding a place on short notice that allowed pets and we had already paid over 500.00 for 2 nights. Our teen girls would have been disappointed. We had traveled over 6 hours from Lake Charles. I washed the towels before using because they did not smell clean along with the sheets. While padre Island is beautiful and we enjoyed the horseback riding on the beach, the ocean sunsets, great food, I tried to stay out of the house as much as possible. I don't think the owner is aware of the upkeep on her property and the neglect. If she is then it is a disappointment to know that she would not only rent it out like that but double booked us the first time we booked and we had to wait 2 days to have that 545.00 charge credited back to our account. We will definitely go back to Padre Island but will probably stay in a hotel where there is staff and management to take care of things. When I took a shower I still felt dirty, but the spider in the shower seemed happy. It also said 2 bathrooms but there is only 1 small full bath upstairs and a toilet and sink downstairs. but in need of scrubbing and disinfectant. I wanted to clean them my self but my husband said for the money we paid he would not let me do that. We rent beach houses all the time here in Va, Beach and there is a property manager available 24 hours to take care of any issues like we suffered through. Who ever took the pictures did a great job of hiding the dirt and making it look a whole lot better then it was. Sorry to disappoint anyone and I hope that the owner will take care of things instead of just collection a rent. Find something else not worth 50.00 per night never mind 525.00 for 2 nights.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: leaving
Liked least: everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing