“Clean, cozy and great customer service!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #28 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I like this Holiday Inn! I liked how clean everything was. I thought the staff was especially friendly! The woman that checked us in was Tanesha. She was very pleasant and funny! Her laugh was very contagious. She also pointed us in the direction of some great restaurants and local night life spots. We will definitely return to this Holiday Inn when we visit Corpus Christi again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Hello KimJ! Thank you so much for your kind review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And we tend to agree with you about Tanesha! She always keeps us laughing too. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Friday, November 29, 2013 and were given two rooms (421 and 425) which face north. Everything was good with the room (It was definitely Chris-approved). This means you can take your shoes off and walk around on good, clean carpet. The room was decorated with modern and tasteful décor. The rooms featured Sony Bravia flatscreen TVs which I really liked. Our room (425) had a walk-in shower which is nice but rare in hotels. The bed and pillows were great and the room had a love-seat that pulls out into a bed.

However, unexpectedly, a really loud stage band was playing until 2 am next door which kept me up. I mentioned it the next day and the management were gracious and considerate about it and they had also received other complaints (The gave us a discount and points). They stated they were working on this issue. However, if you plan to stay here, I would recommend choosing the even-numbered rooms which face south. The odd-numbered rooms face north towards the "pool hall". I'm not sure how often the loud music occurs but better to be safe than sorry if you're a light sleeper like me.

Room Tip: Ask for an even-numbered room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello Albuchris,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! And while I am glad that we are now "Chris-approved", I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with the noise from our neighbors. Please know that I am working with the owner's of the establishment next door to lower the volume of their speakers in the evening. I hope that you will give us another try next time you find yourself in Corpus Christi!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This Holiday Inn Express and Suites is the best I have stayed in from the the house cleaning front desk sales and Managment.Everyone is friendly and always willing to help never a bad attitude once.I do gotta say the beds are pricless and you will sleep like a baby definitely.If your looking for a awesome hotel this place is it.Special thanks too Patricia and Julie they go way beyond to offer great sevice always smiling and helping out to make this hotel the best.Excellent hotel and even better people working there.

Room Tip: suites are awesome
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank otilio g
Julie J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Theo! Thank you so much for your kind words! I have passed them on to Pat and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Corpus!

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean, quiet and well maintained. The housekeepers are always great and the front desk staff is always friendly. Easy access to highway, restaurants, beach, shopping and anything else you could want.

• Stayed: September 2013
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hello LouiseLMF! Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi!

Julie Johnson

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was my first time here. The service was the best I've encountered in a very long time. The staff was great. Edie was very helpful and pleasant to visit with. She always had a smile a such a great personality. High marks for this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Hello rl09235,

Thank you so much for your review! We agree, Edie is great! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Corpus!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have stayed several times at this Holiday Inn Express over the past several months and I have been pleased every time. In fact, I am almost there every other week traveling on business, and I really like the location which is close to most anything one might need in the Corpus Christi area. I particularly enjoy staying at a Holiday Inn Express due to the level of quality of service and cleanliness of the hotel chain in general. This particular location DEFINITELY upholds the high level quality that I have been accustomed to from the various different locations of Holiday Inn Express that I have stayed at both across many states in the US and throughout Mexico.

What makes me title my review "Home Away From Home" is due to the staff at this particular location. The whole staff is very helpful and friendly to all of the needs of the guests and are always willing to accommodate as best as possible. The cookies in the evening are always delicious and the breakfasts are pretty good too!

When reading the other reviews of this location, one really stood out to me that was a shocker! The person who wrote about the "Nasty front desk woman" must have stayed at a different hotel completely and doesn't know Edie at all! In fact, Edie is usually the person who checks my co-workers and I in because we arrive in the late afternoon when she works that shift. Not only have I had a wonderful experience in working with her, my fellow co-workers who travel with me also have nothing but great things to say about the friendly service that Edie provides. She is very personable and always takes the time to give that personalized level of service to make sure that my/our stays are always up to the expectation. In fact, the review looks to have been written on a day that Edie wasn't even working. It just so happens that during one of my recent stays around the same date this other review was written, Edie shared with me that she would be out of town and staying at a different Holiday Inn Express herself and would be able to experience being the customer instead of the service provider. So my question is does that person even know who they are talking about????

To sum it up, I would have to say that as long as I continue to be traveling to Corpus, I will try to stay at this Holiday Inn Express every possible chance I get. And for those who want to write bad reviews about the location or the staff, please feel free to stay somewhere else where you can be grumpy so I can have my "Home Away From Home" a wonderful and friendly environment like it always is when I stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Bryan- Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We appreciate all of your kind words. I promise I will pass on your glowing review to our staff and especially Miss Edie! This will make her day. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your team back next week.

-Julie Johnson

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was my stop in between Galveston and San Antonio. Four nights, mid September.

The hotel is quite classy and is clearly targeted toward business travellers. The room (427) was spacious, with a good bathroom - no bath tub, but the shower cubicle was huge. Good, firm mattress. Reasonable selection for breakfast, which runs until 9.30am. The staff are very helpful and professional. The hotel is situated in the middle of a collection of restaurants, so there's always somewhere to eat.

There is a bit of a noise problem: the doors are heavy so they slam constantly, the elevator makes the loudest dinging sound you can imagine (my room was right at the end of the corridor, as far away from the elevator as possible, and I could still hear it), and there tends to be loud music from somewhere outside the building.

I'll be honest: my biggest problem with this hotel was simply that it was in Corpus Christi. The hotel was great. The city was awful. If you absolutely have to be in Corpus Christi, then I recommend this hotel. If you don't absolutely have to be in Corpus Christi, just go somewhere else.

Good points: nice room, firm mattress, clean and professional.

Bad points: it's in Corpus Christi.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of a corridor - the elevator is centrally located and makes a very loud...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Hello SarahKnowsThisOne!
Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that while you did not enjoy Corpus Christi, we could at least provide a bright spot during your trip. Should you ever happen to find yourself in Corpus again, I would love to show you some of the lesser known attractions and stops that may make our city shine a little brighter.