Our room at the Radisson was very nice, shockingly clean ( from the previous reviews I expected to find hair in the sink/tub, and sand on the floors!), and plenty of room. It had a nice place to put a very large suitcase with plenty of space left over. Also another cubic corner of space to drop something to get it out of the way. Our room wasn't the coolest the first night. I mentioned it to the desk and they immediately sent someone in to check it. He fixed the proplem and we were extremely cool if not on the cold side which we enjoyed. I have to have it cold at night. My husband was visiting from Baghdad which is 115 degrees and upward in the summer, so being cool was very important o us. Our room stayed in the lower 60's the remainder of our visit. The sleep number beds are comfortable and will take some time messing with the controlls to "wake" the mattress up making one side seem like it doesn't work. What I was really pleased with (unlike most hotels) Radisson actually gives you a choice on changing your sheets everyday. If you travel a lot, you understand most of the best hotels have cut cost by changing your sheets every other night or one time a week if you are staying for a long time. Radisson offers to change your sheets every night, if you like, for no extra charge. The staff is very remarkable. Extremely friendly and does what they can to make your stay feel like home. After meeting me one time, Lisa (at the front desk) knew my name and made an effort to greet me by name everytime I passed through the lobby. My husband and I had a king room with a balcony. We had a nice view in our 5th floor room. We sat out on the balcony every evening! The hotel could use some updates (i.e. granite countertops, and a few other little facelifts), but how long are you going to be in the room? There was plenty of hot water. One advantage of staying at the Radisson is it is in walking distance to the Lexington and Aquarium (which has a nice waterpark for the kids and several restaurants affordable for families (be sure to check out Yummies for great burgers, homemade chips, hotdogs).
For staying and hanging out at the beach....... well, the beach here is not a typical Texas beach. It is ground up shell mixed with some sand that Corpus dumps here. It is best to drive over to Padre on Mustang Beach where there is a public beach (requires a sticker for the state park ask the hotel for info) where one can drive on the beach and park the car right where you want to layout and play. Be sure to take a gallon jug of water to rinse off the sand for the ride back to the hotel or one of our favorite places Port Aransas where there are some very nice places to eat (casual)! There is a large seafood restaurant on the main street grouped with several small shops which was wonderful in Port A. The prices in these shops are really good. All the shops are not tourist traps as I expected. Also, in Corpus go into Old Town (which is known by locals as 6 Points) to Hesters Cafe and Coffee Bar on S. Alameda St. The shops that are connected to this store have very good prices also. Be sure not to miss the surf museum and it has the 100% cotton Hawiian Shirts for $24.99 or $29.99 and reef sandles! The shops located over in this area are very nice and have great prices. I believe this is called the Waterview area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Beach Hotel is excited about the completion of our renovation. All guest rooms received new carpet, furniture, bedding new art work, drapes and lighting. New Guest hall carpet and paint as well.The Lobby has been totally renovated with a new open, light look with all new furniture and accessories. The Restaurant received a total new look with new seating and the Bar move to the lobby level with an entire new setting. We are anxious for you to see our great new look. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corpus Christi Beach Radisson
- Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Tx
- Radisson Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Radisson
- Radisson Htl Corpus Christi