“Visit despite renovations in progress” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi

Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Allen, Texas
“Visit despite renovations in progress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

My first impression was not good, but I am glad I stayed. The front entrance is blocked and you have to enter from a rear service door. You have to walk through a construction zone in the atrium to reach the front desk. I almost called Hilton to rebook elsewhere. My room was on the second floor far away from the construction and was clean and enjoyable. I had a minor maintenance request that was fixed within minutes. I also need an extra pillow for the pull out couch and was delivered promptly. The breakfast staff and the nightly bartenders were personable and friendly. I also used room service and was impressed with the quick service. Despite the construction, my only other complaint would be the appetizers served during happy hour. However, this is omnipresent with all Embassy Suites I've recently visited.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Corpus Christi, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

The staff never once apologized for the noise and mess due to the renovations going on during my stay, couldn't even enter through the front door and hallways were dirty. I was attending my sister's wedding and I would have thought that a hotel manager would, knowing that a wedding was being held that weekend at his hotel, would make sure that guests at least had plenty of parking and could enter through the front door of hotel rather than through side doors and having to park in the street or adjacent parking lot.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stater over night good beds ,quiet, good breakfast.The only problem there is some construction on front entrance so if it's raining your going to get wet. The staff was very helpful, it was raining so the girl at the desk gave me a bath towel to get in the car and then I pitched it back to her

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Terrible!! I went in the pool, water was cold and SLIMY when my legs rubbed together. Took a Shower Immediately!! My daughter was about to go in later when she overheard some kids said they peed in it and were laughing!!! DISGUSTING!! Thats why we stayed at this hotel for the indoor pool!! AND yes I agree the hot tub water had a lot of chlorine!!! Not Worth $179 a Night!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Melody N, General Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
I am very sorry about your recent experience in our pool. Our engineering team does regularly clean and maintain our pool's chemical levels; however, there can be times when excessive usage may affect the balance. As part of state requirements, our pool has a fully operatonal filtration system to ensure the highest sanitation safety. Again, I truly apologize for the issues you encountered, and I ask that you give us another opportunity to change your opinion on a future visit. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 361-853-7899.

Wichita, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was the most amazing hotel to stay at. I would take my family here again. The staff was helpful and polite. They catered to all our needs and made our stay feel like home. Everything was awesome. The food was amazing. The breakfast was better than any hotel we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

san antonio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Lovely Hotel. Great stay and will likely stay again. We appreciated internet service if hhonors member. Wish there was an outside pool as well. Love the sun. Complimentary breakfast is wonderfu, but l missed it Sat. & Sun. of it, since it starts later on weekends. Too late for for us. Otherwise a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Although the hotel is going through a major overhaul, the staff is incredibly polite, professional and sincere. I have never stayed here before, and I'm very excited to stay here again just to see its transformation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business