“Excellent value - fabulous accommodation”

Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The staff was very accommodating for all of our needs - more towels, etc. The accommodations were extremely comfortable - bed, pull out couch, etc. The free breakfast was very good - fresh ingredients, made to order omelets, good coffee. The hotel also has a nice free happy hour which included adult beverages, snacks and drinks and juices for the kids. Excellent value!!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

overall very good under going repair but was quite and clean The outside was much nicer looking and the repairs to inside looked very nice and will be much improved once completed. yes wife and I will stay there again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

With the exception of the heating and cooling the room was nice enough. For this stay the AC did not cool the room down and remained hot the entire night. This made it difficult to sleep and I ended up checking out early.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Well I never thought I would ever write a review of this nature for an Embassy Suites property, they have always been my hotel of choice.....however after staying a full week at this property I had to change my mind. I will not be staying at this hotel again , nor will I be recommending it to my co-workers who travel there often. The property is under renovation (has been for a long time)and they maintain that all of the rooms have been upgraded..well the bed slept better and the furniture was newer, and they added solid doors to the room entrances instead of glass, but they did nothing for the bathrooms, i.e., the toilet, shower and tub. The toilet is so low that it aggravated my knee problems trying to get up and down, and the tub is low and small with crud all around the grouted areas. The water was cold for most of my stay and it cycled from warm to cold, mostly cold and never hot. The morning manager needs a lesson in custome service, because when I complained and inquired if there would be some type of compensation or adjustment, she stated "well you are already in a discounted room" and my statement back was - because I am a ...... employee I am not entitled to hot water or those types of amenities? The general manager was much more customer service oriented and stopped me on my return after work and stated that they would correct the problems or move me - whatever I desired. To compound the problem one half of the hotel is still under renovation and the dining room was shut off and down; they still made arrangements for their signature breakfast and had the made to order omelets but the remainder of the breakfast was not the same. Hate to do it but that was the last of my visits to this property, it has been a long time coming but a change has to be made. There is a brand new Springhill Suites by Marriott going up directly next door and it will be interesting to see if they can compete.

Room Tip: Ask for one with hot water.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Lantis34
Irina B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your stay back in December. We apologize for the issues you have experienced in your room. I want to let you know that the renovation is now fully completed and we also have a new restaurant and dining area. If you return to our area, we hope you give us another chance. I will also be very happy to hear from you if you consider staying with us, so I can personaly make your reservation and offering you a great rate. My e-mail address is irina.ballard@hilton.com

Always at your service,
Irina Ballard
AGM
Embassy Suites Hotel
Corpus Christi, TX

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had extended family staying here in 3 different rooms for 4 nights. The individual rooms were nice with new furniture, large TV's and new fixtures. There was some odd arrangements of furniture, but overall very pleasant and comfortable. There was construction going on however in the lobby that at times was very annoying. To the hotel's credit, they did let us know prior to booking that it would be going on, but still.... the noise was relentless at times. The construction didn't start until 9 or 10 in the am and was done by 5 pm. The staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating ( from the front desk personnel to the guys who fixed our omelets every morning to the lady who cleaned the public bathrooms) They were all very friendly and nice. The hotel is conveniently located and I would come back to this location for my next visit.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was aware that the public area of the hotel were still being removated. The website stated that the guest rooms have been fully renovated. I do not consider a renovation complete without hot water. We made guest services aware of the situation, I am sure the maintenance team had their hands full with ongoing renovations on a holiday. After giving the management the benefit of the doubt, I sat down to write this review and found that other guest (JosueS) had the same complaint two weeks ago and the General Manager responded to that review by saying that "these issues have been repaired." Shame on you, I was ready to forgive the hotel for charging $136.80/night for an ice cold shower. I can't forgive a BOLD FACE LIE just to make a buck.

Room Tip: If you don't have hot water, check out fast. Don 't let them lie to you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MMA58
Melody N, General Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear MMA58,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, but please allow me to begin by clarifying that the water issues that took place a couple of weeks ago were repaired. Unfortunately, we recently encountered additional issues that only manifested as we made adjustments to the newly installed equipment to meet increased demand, and I am truly sorry that you experienced this major inconvenience. I take all guest issues very seriously and would never tell a Bold-Faced Lie to make a buck. I have far too much respect for our guests and the profession to which I've dedicated myself. I will make sure to share your comments with our entire staff as motivation to continually strive for improvement in hopes that you will reconsider us on a future visit to Corpus Christi. Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at 361-853-7899.

Your In Hospitality,
Melody Nixon-Bice

Reviewed 20 November 2013

room smelt dirty towls that looked brown?? wonder what it was under construction they did not tell me that staff we good but not the best and kids running down the hall i did not see one security guard which was suppose to be on shift at 10 pm

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James B

Dear James B,
Thank you for leaving a review of you recent stay at our property. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience. I can assure you that giving our guests a safe, clean and comfortable stay is one of our top priorities. We always try to do everything that we can to increase guest satisfaction, and I'm sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and I have shared them with our staff in an effort to ensure that your issues are rectified and not encountered by future guests. We thank you again for your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion on a future visit.

Best Regards,