“A DUMP from the past - Holiday Inn at it's worst (and proud of it)”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #51 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 26 July 2011

So much for Holiday Inn trying to rebrand its image; this hotel epitomizes every bad thing you have heard about ‘old’ Holiday Inns. Check in and reception staff was ok, not great, not particularly friendly or professional, but ok.
Walking to the room, you get that sinking feeling. Smell gets worse, carpets are sticky to the feet, stale cigarette smoke, lighting is dim and dreary and decor is dated by decades. Room was absolutely appalling; smell was awful, damp, old furniture, veneer peeling off back of door, bathroom was dirty, tile grout is stained and the old AC unit stuck in the corner sounds like an old steam train – this room is a dump. Call front desk and need to change room, none available and not particularly interested in helping – and all other local hotels are full.
Yup, they got you – and you stupidly thought Holiday Inn was trying to rebrand!

Room Tip: Prayer may work but probably best to just go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Coughton54

Reviewed 20 July 2011

Got here at 5am, was going to pay full rate for the morning after driving all night, check-in not til 3, but they were very nice & let us go ahead & go to our room at no charge. Smoking on 2nd floor for sure, awful place for the laundry area, but all the staff very nice, pools/workout room/hot tub a plus. Our ac wasn't working right & we were immediately moved to a room just 2 doors down, not a terrible hassle with a toddler & teen. Overall, very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Not the worst stay I have had...but for the same monies there are newer, cleaner and far better located hotels. They fill the place with oil rig fellas...who are nice enough...but loud and smoke all over the hotel...not ok with non smokers...

Room Tip: best room...do NOT bid in this zone!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank hivelozity
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We have had great experience with Mr. Eddie Ramakrishnan, Front Office Manager during our stay. Due to misunderstanding between priceline and us, the type of room we booked online is different from what is available and, more importantly, our son is alergic to smoke smell. Knowing this was our first time booking online and the situation of our son's alergy, Eddie walked out of his way to sort through rooms during that busy weekend (especially with the big car show nearby) and, not only he finally found a "safe" room for us, he also worked around to make sure our subsequent stay would be as enjoyable. Eddie worked at the front desk for at least 12 hours that weekend because I saw him both early everning and noon the next day. Kudos to such an exceptional front office manager!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chosen_sreen_name1
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The room smelled, My husband said the he thought the AC was leaking on the carpet, it smelled bad. The hotel picked up our towls and said they were out of towls. We never got any towls. The ice maker on 3 floors was not working and the staff was not very helpful or overly friendly. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank willienjean
Reviewed 21 June 2011

When we arrived, the look of the hotel was pretty nice. Check-in was fast and easy. When we got to our room, however, we pulled the sofa bed out for our two small kids, there was no sheets, no blankets, no pillows, and there were stains all over the mattress. I called front desk 4 times before somebody finally answered, and then requested all the items needed. After about 20 minutes, house keeping arrived with everything except the pillows. She said she would be back, 30 minutes later, still no pillows. Called front desk and had to ask yet again, then after another 20 minute wait, got the pillows. Will probably never be back. I really expected Holiday Inn to be nicer than this. (Spa was roped off, could not use)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TimC1984
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I have stayed at this property many times. Every time I have made reservations it was through a discount company. Tonight when I checked in I was engaged in a conversation with one of the front desk clerks who was suggesting that I book my room directly through the hotel and sign up for priority rewards. After explaining my reasons I went on to the elevator. It was filthy, with trash, pumpkin seed shells, etc. Once I got to the floor the smell of smoke was so strong it could knock you out. I used the hallway phone & called the front desk and requested be moved to a nonsmoking room. Since I didn't book through them I was told there couldn't be any changes to my reservation. I requested to speak to the manager but never got the chance. After a lengthly conversation that was going nowhere I had no choice but to go to the room. I opened the door and the a/c wasn't even on. So not only was the smoke smell terrible it was HOT in there. I called the company that I booked the room through they were willing to give me a refund, but where in this area could I find a hotel at 11:30pm?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business