“Don't stay - needs cleaning”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #46 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't stay - needs cleaning”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed here overnight on November 18 -19. I was therevfor a meeting being held at the hotel, but I wish I had stsyed elsewhere. The first room I was assigned reeked of smoke, and the second room, #138, appeared clean until closer inspection. Both the desk chair and side chair were stained, as was the bed covering. The deadbolt was also not working. The hallway carpets did not look as if they had been vacuumed in weeks. In fairness, the bathroom in my room appeared to be clean but after my stay, i did not.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed here twice too many. Place both times was packed with company workers, everywhere all over the place. I believe its what making this Holiday Inn stay open for business. their Company books rooms here with discounts and the company worker have no other choice and stuck staying here. place is very dirty and infested with spiders . Can't use the stairway because the elevators are extremely busy and slow and there is only 2 for this massive holiday inn property. property is dated and dingy and heavy mildew odors. I do like they have hotel staff patrolling the parking lots 24/7 . I do not feel safe in room with previously broken door that didn't feel secured when I locked it. I could not recommend this place unless your desperate . place need to be closed for renovations .

Room Tip: I do not have any tips. Try to stay some where else .
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear caligula r,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you liked the service provided by our staff at the parking lot. My apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced with your room accommodation and our facilities. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Corpus Christi you will give our hotel another try.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C
Washington, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We were booked this hotel through my fiance's company. The reservation said we had a NON smoking room with a king size bed but to our suprise we were givin a smoking room with a king size bed, they said they would come up and "defuse" the room for us since obviously nither of us are smokers. The rooms were not the nicest but we had a deal with it. Our next annoyance was that serveral times we would go up to our rooms after a long day and find that our keys would not work. We would have to go all the way to the lobby and get news cards each time and the man at the counter would just shrug his shoulders without an apology or anything.This got very annoying after the 3rd time. The last and final straw was on our 5th night there, I was in the room and had just finished changing my clothes, while my fiance was in the shower I heard the door handle shake. At first I did not think anything of it untill a man walked into my room carrying his bags..the hotel had checked him into OUR ROOM. Needless to say my finace was furious and went to the lobby to complain. We were faced with the same man from before and like previously he just shrugged his shoulders. I felt unsafe from that point on, just the thought of that man in our room..what if I had not been dressed yet or even worse, what if we werent there at all and all of our things could have been stolen. Like I said in the title, worst hotel experience ever.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear 28928447,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with your room accommodations. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Brazoria, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Worse 2 nights ever! Booked rooms through their 800 #. When arrived there, rooms were not what I booked. Rooms were EXTREMELY dirty. As hard as my husband & I tried to not roll to the middle of mattress--- WE ENDED UP IN THE MIDDLE! Requested extra padding for sofa bed mattress for my son & it was never brought up to our room. He could feel all the springs on that mattress. The roll-in-bed my 10 yr old slept on was just about to give. Couldn't sustain her weight.When showering the water drained very slow. Open food stuff in cabinets/fridge left from previous guest. Rooms & hallways stunk. Pool water is gloomy/dirty. YUCK! It's unfortunate I didn't take time to read reviews. I have NEVER bothered to write a review *good or bad* BUT today I did. So upset that when talking to Manager the following day....All she told me was to call 800 # & complain to them since I didn't directly book through their HOTEL! LESSON LEARNED! NEVER AGAIN will I book with HOLIDAY INN! All these good reviews must be from a desperate Holiday Inn employee. The nightly rate is outrageous for poor conditions of this HOTEL.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The title says it all. I stayed here from July 8th - July 13th for work because everything else in town was booked for with the FFA Convention. Variable rate but the last two nights were $199 for two double beds. I will avoid this hotel like the plague. This is one of those old Holiday Inns that gave IHG such a bad name for so long. I know they have a new sign and I stayed on the refurbished 6th floor, but even on that floor they have issues you can't fix with a little paint and carpet.

In fairness, my room on the 6th floor was way less gross than my coworkers room on the 3rd floor. His room was awful!! Holiday Inn has made so many improvements over the last few years. You should be aware that just because this place has one of the new Holiday Inn signs, that does not mean it is up to the new standard.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay on one of the refurbished floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Rooms where not clean! And walking through the hallway your feet would crunch under you! I will never stay there again! In a BAD part of town and was afraid to leave at night thought I might get robbed!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Byou3112,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry our hotel and location was not to your liking and regret you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room you received. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the quality and services we offer.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Random
Reviewed 8 July 2012

no complaints here. Room was clean, bed very comfortable, a/c nice and cold. Large flat screen t.v. wireless internet worked great. Staff was extremely helpful and kind. Some parts of hotel were a little dated, but clean. For some reason it's very hard to find both an affordable and clean motel/hotel in Corpus. I've made countless stays here. I've been the happiest with overall value here. Will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: breakfast decent value. I paid for mine, 10.99 and my two kids ate free. good food for buffet breakf...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family