Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #51 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Decided to spend 2013 Easter weekend at this Hotel and I am impressed on the changes since my last visit in fall 2012. The property was clean and quiet. Pretty much every staff member was friendly and enthusiastic. Looks like management has tightened up a notch resulting in this revised experience. The rooms had been upgraded quite a bit. Great value for the money. At check out I was promised more changes were coming. Will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Try to use perks such as AAA discounts to get even better deals.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Holiday inn Airport. We have made many improvements in both staffing and the look of our hotel. We will continue to improve in both areas as we move forward and will look forward to your next stay with us.

Respectfully,
Jeff Wilkinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I work right around the corner so thought it would be fine to stay a couple of nights. Check in was great as the people were friendly, but after that reality set in. Checked out after 1 night and moved to another hotel. Just not worth it, as others noted it is not clean. Halls have not been vaccuumed in weeks, room was less than pleasing, and too many other options open in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Dear ellissea,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Janice A
Lake Jackson
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The outside of the hotel is nice, and the lobby and staff are nice. That's where it ended for me. My air conditioning didn't work, and I had bugs in my room. The second night I was there, I woke up with a roach next to my head on my pillow! I sat outside of the elevator for 15 minutes at one point. They were doing construction/repairs on the room next to mine, so needless to say, between 2-7:30pm, jackhammers were what i heard constantly. I would only stay here again if they remodeled the inside and made sure the rooms were bug-free.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear evannandallysmom,

Pam G.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Despite the negative title this hotel was not bad. I just want to warn you to not expect a 5 or 4 star hotel. It was clean and the hotel employees were friendly and helpful. For its location this hotel is like a diamond in the rough. (Bad part of town) Still not a bad value stay.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Sean R,

Krysllin G.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed here overnight on November 18 -19. I was therevfor a meeting being held at the hotel, but I wish I had stsyed elsewhere. The first room I was assigned reeked of smoke, and the second room, #138, appeared clean until closer inspection. Both the desk chair and side chair were stained, as was the bed covering. The deadbolt was also not working. The hallway carpets did not look as if they had been vacuumed in weeks. In fairness, the bathroom in my room appeared to be clean but after my stay, i did not.

• Stayed November 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed here twice too many. Place both times was packed with company workers, everywhere all over the place. I believe its what making this Holiday Inn stay open for business. their Company books rooms here with discounts and the company worker have no other choice and stuck staying here. place is very dirty and infested with spiders . Can't use the stairway because the elevators are extremely busy and slow and there is only 2 for this massive holiday inn property. property is dated and dingy and heavy mildew odors. I do like they have hotel staff patrolling the parking lots 24/7 . I do not feel safe in room with previously broken door that didn't feel secured when I locked it. I could not recommend this place unless your desperate . place need to be closed for renovations .

Room Tip: I do not have any tips. Try to stay some where else .
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear caligula r,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you liked the service provided by our staff at the parking lot. My apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced with your room accommodation and our facilities. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Corpus Christi you will give our hotel another try.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C
Washington, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We were booked this hotel through my fiance's company. The reservation said we had a NON smoking room with a king size bed but to our suprise we were givin a smoking room with a king size bed, they said they would come up and "defuse" the room for us since obviously nither of us are smokers. The rooms were not the nicest but we had a deal with it. Our next annoyance was that serveral times we would go up to our rooms after a long day and find that our keys would not work. We would have to go all the way to the lobby and get news cards each time and the man at the counter would just shrug his shoulders without an apology or anything.This got very annoying after the 3rd time. The last and final straw was on our 5th night there, I was in the room and had just finished changing my clothes, while my fiance was in the shower I heard the door handle shake. At first I did not think anything of it untill a man walked into my room carrying his bags..the hotel had checked him into OUR ROOM. Needless to say my finace was furious and went to the lobby to complain. We were faced with the same man from before and like previously he just shrugged his shoulders. I felt unsafe from that point on, just the thought of that man in our room..what if I had not been dressed yet or even worse, what if we werent there at all and all of our things could have been stolen. Like I said in the title, worst hotel experience ever.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear 28928447,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with your room accommodations. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C