Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #46 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Dallas, Texas
“I'd stay at the Omni”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Corpus Christi does not have great hotels. Certainly nothing on par with the hotels in the major cities of Texas. That said, spend a few morebucks and go elsewhere. As a platinum member, I was put in a room that was "recently renovated". I don't know what they renovated aside from the tv (lcd).

Management was very friendly though. Not enough to make me come back though.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bristol.UK
Reviewed 5 January 2011

A 2 night stay in December-proved to be fine.
Staff we met were great and hotel did seem a litle worn in parts but certainly met the requirments we wanted.
Thought the lobby was a great sell point and the facilities were all ok-the wife managed to use the swimming pool during the stay.
It is reasnably easy to get around Corpus Christi from the hotel-found plenty of food options-including the best Golden Corrall we have ever been in.
The USS Lexington was a briiliant peice of history and Port Arannas beaches were great to drive on and walk along.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 December 2010

overall my stay with this hotel was very good, except for the fact that managment is very very poor, and should be restaffed. myself and my co workers have never been so disrepected and not treated like human beings starting with general manager with being the worst.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
businessclassguy
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Showed up during Thanksgiving Holidays. Right off bat, the staff greeted me and treated me to a free drink at the bar (priority member benefit). After that, the experience sort of went south. The small pool and spa that I attempted to uses twice was always being used. Usually by a church group who hogged it up for hours. I gave up and opted for a Hot shower instead. Room service is available, and it was good the first day. The second, not so much. They were LATE delivering my order and it was half wrong. They apologized but took another 25 min. to correct that and deliver it again. The Housekeeper saw me poke my head out the door and had to ask me out loud in the hall if I was "still planning on checking out (that day)" Uh yes, in like 2 hours...... geesh. Guess she wanted me to hurry so she could go home.
The rooms was OK, gotta remember its an old school Holiday Inn, I kinda like those. The building is at least 30 years old. They have remodeled it, but there is still old looks about it that still remain in tact...such as an old condesent tube 4:3 screen TV in the rooms, a little rust near the shower heads and vents in the bathroom, but to their credit, nice tile and grout work in the updated restrooms. Carper was in fair condition, and everything else was OK. The staff tried to please the best they could. I would give this Hotel a second chance someday, maybe I'm just a too discriminate customer.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Martigues, France
Reviewed 14 November 2010

The hotel is very clean and tidy. All modern amenities are available. Also it has free shuttle to nearby shopping malls . Internet and Wi Fi are good. Swimming pool and gymnasium are excellent. Food is good with very nice ambience at the restaurant. Rooms are maintained well . The hotel is good to stay for its location too.

I love American food , with its burger and french fries. They are so good and tasty. I like thier burgers really better than any Mac D or KFC.

Staff were friendly and helpful. I would like to stay at this hotel with family too if I again come to this place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Brownsville
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Recently me and my girlfriend stayed at the hotel. When we got there, sure you're greeted by a huge lobby area, but that's the only thing i liked about the hotel. The room was not what they portrayed in the internet photos. Free Breakfast mentioned in the Advertisement. Forget about it!! It's not in the best of Locations. I didn't feel comfortable leaving my car in the parking lot. As soon as i checked in, I wanted to check out, but unfortunately every other hotel in town was booked that night.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Mont Belvieu, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I spent a night here as it was close to the airport and I had morning flight. The lobby is really nice, I was quite surprised when I walked in as I was just expecting a basic hotel. The hotel was very quiet and fell asleep early and slept in. There is a small pool and gym area which I always saw people using. I had dinner at the hotel's restaurant and really enjoyed the food. I ate too much. This is a good place to stay if you are ever in Corpus.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business