“BLOOD N YELLOW STAINS ON THE COVERS!!!!!”

Emerald Beach Hotel
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas
“BLOOD N YELLOW STAINS ON THE COVERS!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

booked for two nights n stayed only one because everywhere else was booked entirely. It was my last weekend of summer vacation with my daughter n I'm so sorry we had to change plans bcuz of this place. Jessica at HOTELS.COM said I wasn't going to regret it but I'd beg to differ Beds ad been made but the bedding was not replaced since the sheets didn't smell clean, when we pulled the covers both beds had blood n yellow stains inside(I'd hate to think it was urine) coffee maker had built up residue, roaches in the bathtub n night stand, long hairs from previews guest, rust in metal fixtures including the fire sprinklers, the beach was dirty, the trash cans on the hallways were full so there was trash, beer cans n all type of stuff in the floor around the trashcans n at the beach called front desk to send housekeeping n the lady (Deborah) literally handed me the bedding for me to replace them which of course I wasn't going to do it. They sent a gentleman(Ruben) to help the lady which showed her the proper way to do things. The manager Johnny Lee(according to a HOTELS.COM) didn't offer any compensation at all except for the attitude, and said that since we booked through hotels.com, we pretty much had to take it up with them. As a trucker I have stayed in many hotels n motels all over the U.S. and n it is a pitty to see how this place puts the name Holiday Inn to shame.

7 Thank Buffalo1977
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Dear Buffalo1977,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This property has such a nice location! However, the property itself is outdated and some of the hallways smell like cigarrette smoke. It was under renovation when we were there, so hopefully it will be improved for future guests. The A/C unit in our room was so loud, it was difficult to sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Julie M
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank you for the nice review. Please always let the staff know if there is an issue in your room and we'll be happy to address the problem promptly to find a solution. We do hope you choose to stay with us again!
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This facility is in diar need of remodeling/updating. Ceiling tiles sagging, shampoo no conditioner, no refrigerator in the room, cleaning lady coming in at 8.00 in the morning, overall color scheme overwhelmingly outdated and unpleasant. There are a lot of little things that could be done to set this hotel apart from the rest. Holiday Inn is usually good about this and i hoTilley will evaluate the needs of this facility. I believe it would be worth the investment.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Lizlaceyrn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Dear Lizlaceyrn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the condition of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Keller, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Family summer trip to the coast and Holiday Inn- Emerald Beach’s enticing convenience of being on the beach should have made for a picture perfect trip!

Upon our arrival, our room was not ready and when we finally got out room the key badge system did not work on our room. Maintenance had to be called.

The entire hotel is completely out dated and over priced for it’s filth. The hotel features rust on metal fixtures in the room, mold in several places in the bath/shower and smaller than average bathroom and beds. The hotels ceilings are low and with a guacamole green walls in hallways it is surely not for the claustrophobic type.

One of two small elevators was broke leaving just one (that only holds about 5 people) to accommodate everyone coming and going between the 6 floors; causing long lines and several exhausting minutes for those wanting to use the elevator. We gave up and just took the stairs the rest of our stay. We realized it was much quicker walking up 5 flights of stairs to get to our 5th floor room rather than wait in line for the elevator.

The pool area was even worse. With mold/alga growing around the pool’s deck, it can be very slippery. Ceiling tiles appear to be water damaged and some even appear that they could fall soon. More rust on metal fixture and lots of dust on everything.

The only thing this hotel has going for it is the convenience of how close and easy it is to walk onto the beach…and maybe that’s why they charge what they do and haven’t remodeled in many decades is because they know people will book because of the beach access. It was so disgusting we ended our trip early.

Room Tip: If you don't mind paying premium rates to be on the beach and to stay in filth, than this is the...
5 Thank Amy S
I'm so sorry to hear your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may rectify the situation.
Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I saw some negative reviews about this hotel but decided to risk it & book a two night stay here and I am glad we did! I called ahead to discuss my room preference and spoke with a very nice lady named Aida. She was very helpful and helped us get a great room with an awesome view of the bay. Great location and nice to just walk right out to the beach! The beds were super comfy and the room was larger than I had expected. The housekeepers did a great job of cleaning the room and we also ordered room service for breakfast which was delicious! The only downside was the one elevator that was always packed w/people and we had to take the stairs most times. Also the parking there can be hard to find due to conventions and people parking there to go to the beach. All and all it was a clean hotel with friendly staff and they even have a live band playing on the beach which was nice to see right from our room. I would definitely stay here again if they get the other elevator fixed : )

2 Thank catscritique
Thank you so much for the lovely review! We did, in fact, get the elevator fixed and are very sympathetic to the hotel guests this past summer that had to deal with the inconvenience. Should I be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Corpus Christi!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I searched and searched before booking with Emerald Bay Holiday Inn so after all theresearch I am glad I did. I had read reviews that weren't so complimentary of this hotel, but our experience was great. We had rooms facing the Bay so we had great views. The staff was very accomodating with fresh towels and check in and out was a breeze. We stayed in the two story building that is seperate from the main hotel and it was quiet and peaceful. There were absolutely no roaches in our room or on the grounds, roaches can be problematic for water front hotels. Also this is a dog friendly hotel and I was able to take my dog with no problems. The location of the hotel is central to everything in Corpus Christi. The only drawback is there are no waves in the bay. If you want to play in the surf you need to go out to Padre Island or Mustang Island which is just over the Causeway. All-in-all, this hotel was quite nice and my family as well as extended family were all happy with the choice (normally it is hard to please everyone).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean get lots of sun.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gail T
That was a very nice review about our property. So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that everyone in the family was pleased. Please be sure to come see us again next time you're in town. Thank you!
Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Family with kids will love this place! Adults and/or couples may not. If you're looking for a quite place to sit by the pool or beach forget about it! Kids are everywhere and there is a lot of things for them to do. Indoor pool, hot tub, playground and the best part is the beach is right out the back door. Great location right on the beach. Dining is good, breakfast buffet is awesome. I received 2.00 off the breakfast buffet for everyday I stayed. Awesome dining room staff. My room was away from the pool and beach area due to all the kids and noise. With that, I think it's great seeing all the kids having such a good time. I would recommend this hotel only if you have kids and not looking for a quite place. The hotel room was clean but wall paper was coming off one of the corners of the wall which for me isn't a big deal. It appeared they were going to hang the flat screen tv on the wall due to traces of cut outs but something didn't work out, I guess. Other than those minor things, I would recommend this hotel for Family's. I had a great room and the ac was awesome and the bed was very comfortable. Almost forgot, they only had one elevator that worked. This was extremely frustrating. Oh well, I used the exit stairway most of the time. I had heard from another guest, he had been there last month and they still only had one of the two elevators working.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the nice review! We are definitely a family friendly property. There is always something for the kiddo's to do. Regarding the hotel elevators, we sympathize with your frustration and are happy to report the elevator is up and running. Like many renovations, sometimes the schedule doesn't pan out quite as you'd like it to. We do hope you'll overlook that and choose to stay with us again soon!