“Don't do it!”

Emerald Beach Hotel
Ranked #41 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Floors were nasty, after getting out if the shower the bottom of our feet were brown. Bathtub nobs had holes between them and tiles, tiles and grout were just nasty. Ceiling above door was practically black from yuck. Worst/nastiest place I've ever stayed at and couldn't get out fast enough.

• Stayed July 2014
EmeraldBeachStaff, Online Marketing Coordinator at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Can you please email me your information, such as your date of stay, name and room number, at mrodriguez@hotelemeraldbeach.com. I would like to have our maintenance staff address these issues as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your honest feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Stroud OK
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Emerald Beach Hotel. It was our first trip to Corpus. I was impressed with the courtesy of the staff (we had flight problems that made us really late getting in). I was a bit unhappy that with 5 of us (my adult son and 3 young daughters) there were only 2 queen size beds in the room. Being so worn out we made due until the next day then got a fold away bed which worked out great. My children were thrilled with the beach and especially the indoor play area, which had an excellent jungle gym, pool and other amenities. The shuttle driver drove us to the harbor and picked us up as well. Oh, and let me say a little about the food! The in house restaurant was wonderful! (A word: be sure to order off the menu, that way your kids get to eat for free! ) The gift shop was handy as well, and we shopped there a few times and were even able to get over the counter medication for one of us that had "tummy trouble".
I don't know if we'll go back to Corpus Christi, but if we do, the Emerald Beach Hotel will be at the top of the list!

Room Tip: We had to stay on the smoking floor due to prices and availability, but if you can, try to shoot for...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled you and your children enjoyed your stay and hope to see you all back again very soon.
Killeen
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Decided to get away for a weekend and we wanted to be on a beach. This hotel delivered. The bay view room was older and small but was first floor and we could literally walk out onto the beach. The sand blowing all over was not the coolest but what do you expect. They were not the best at cleaning the room but we were only there for two days. The bar was awesome, beachfront and outside. The restaurant was good but room service was slow. The play area was terrible. Old, rundown, smelled of vomit and pee. Would not let the kids near it. The inside pool was nice. Would definitely recommend the wings. The beach was clean, the staff was pleasant, it was worth the money. Mom had a handicapped room that was on the 5th floor. Was not sure why a handicapped room would be that many floors up but it was big. A broken beer bottle in the corner of the balcony. No refrigerator or microwave in the handicapped room. Mom would go back, she was in a quiet area. The only thing she missed was the frig and microwave.

Room Tip: If you don't want sand in your room I would not recommend bay front. If you want peace and quie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi 420tammyh, thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I apologize you had some issues and I have shared your feedback with our staff. We hope you and your Mom come back to visit us soon!
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at the Emerald Beach hotel for four nights, at a cost of about $800 total...not too bad a price since we could walk out to the sand and be right on the ocean. However, when we got to our room, the door had to be slammed in order to close all the way, we were told over the phone when we booked that we'd have beach views..which if you count having to stand at the window and look out at an angle over a roof to see a triangle of beach, i suppose is true. Then the bathroom door handle was literally falling off, the screws holding it on were mostly backed out. We had adjoining rooms with more family and their bathroom door handle was the same way. We ate at the restaurant downstairs...where the buffet was more expensive than the meals, and not very good.

1 Thank clmahan1979
EmeraldBeachStaff, Online Marketing Coordinator at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I don't know about you, but I think we all need door handles!

Thank you for taking time to review us, we are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay.
I have shared your review with all departments involved, so we may address these issues.

We certainly appreciate your feedback, and would love another opportunity in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Corpus Christie for one night and just wanted somewhere relaxing with easy access to the beach and this place was perfect! I was a little skeptical because of some of the bad reviews but decided to just go there and check it out in person, and was very pleasantly surprised! We booked the room online and got a cheaper rate than what the front desk quoted us. The staff was very friendly, The hotel inside is very nice and the room was clean and had everything we needed. There's an indoor pool, restaurant, and little store so you can stay here and never leave if you want. We slept great, got room service the night before for dinner which was not bad and was affordable. Went to a great little breakfast place the next morning which was just a 5 minute drive away. But the best part is walking out the back deck and having the beach right there. There's a bar outside as well as lounge chairs set up underneath umbrellas for rent for very reasonable price, I think we paid $25 and you can lay there all day. I would stay here again if I am ever in CC!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lidabiff
Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy we surprised you!

We can't wait to see you again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night at this hotel with my husband and dog. It is a perfectly fine, clean, decent beach hotel. Any reviews complaining clearly had too high expectations and are too high maintenance - they should have booked into a different hotel to begin with if they are so picky - or not gone to plain ole Corpus and expected more. We got a great deal on expedia mobile app, and they still upgraded us to a nice ocean view king room. It was clean and large enough. Right on the beach - chairs and umbrellas can be rented from outside company for $5/chair and $10/umbrella. Cheap! Hotel used to be a Holiday Inn, it is standard and sufficient. It's not the Caribbean or tropical, but a hotel property in Corpus, centrally located, safe area, dog friendly, beachfront, and it works just fine. I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Lindsey514
Hi Lindsey514,

Thank you for your great review, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here durning a conference - from the moment I walked in I was unhappy. The staff is rude and unhelpful .The hotel is old and rundown - when I arrived in my room -the toilet was dirty - both bedspreads were dirty the chair in the room was unspeakable . I took pictures and showed them to the manger who looked at me like this is normal. I checked out two days early - I couldn't take the nasty conditions of this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in the south tower
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Shakisha,

Thank you for taking time to review us here on TripAdvisor. We are so sorry we did not meet your expectations and you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I have forwarded your review to all departments involved, so we may address these issues. We take all feedback very serious, as it is only with this feedback that we can better ourselves.

Thank you again for your review, we truly appreciate it.