“Perfect place to stay”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #39 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on my way to Laguna Astascosa NWF. The Hotel is very clean, the staff was nice. The house keeping did come around pretty early in the morning about 9am. So I found that odd because checkout wasn't until 11am. I also had a 1pm checkout because I am a Priority Rewards Member so I don't know if they would of tried to clean my room if I had went out? So that would be my only complaint. The Front desk just needs to make sure the housekeeping knows when people's check out is, if it is later. This is a Smoke Free hotel which I like, however disrespectful guests were smoking on my floor, not the hotels fault, just thought I would mention it. I am sure if I would of brought it to the front desk's attention they would of handled it. Be Aware that the Hot Water is VERY HOT! It is burn your skin hot, which I was happy about but just be careful before you step in. They also do have great water pressure. The Beds are very hard, so not too comfortable. On my way back through a few days later I decided to stay another night before heading home, & my experience was the same. I have uploaded a few pictures & I will also be uploading a video to You Tube soon. So look for that. My You Tube is ButterFlyKey422.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Butterflykey
Christina E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for sharing the pictures. It is enjoyable for us to see what it is like from the guests point of view. We appreciate your compliments and your concerns. It gives us an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We've always had good luck with Holiday Inn and am a long time Rewards Member. Seems this one wasn't up to par. Workers were great, equipment poor. Door key wouldn't work, wold open the door once, finaly after the 3rd time, had the lady scan a new one. Fridge was broke and the 'New' replacement had spoiled food in it, nasty smell filled the room. Hair dryer needs light swtich on to work, wish front desk knew that. Coffee pot was too small for maker, only provided half a pot of coffee. It was like the guests after spring break gets to figure out everything that is broke. Worst of all is Holiday Inns online review, I had explained my problems completly, then the site said I had too many character's, so they want to know your issues, but not really. We'll still us HI but not at North Padre Island.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the full beach view, not partial view, Hair Dryer needs light switch on to work.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear tim_churchman,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the hotel conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This being our first trip to Padre, I checked for a hotel that included a restaurant and lounge. Holiday Inn was the only one, which turned out great. The gal at the front desk was very nice and got us a great room. The weather turned windy and cold but we still had a good time and didn't have to leave the property for drinks or meals.

Room Tip: We didn't get a room facing the ocean, but we did have a balcony that we enjoyed. We weren'...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jkcKTravel

Welcome to Padre Island, we are happy that you chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. Our Sand Bar and restaurant are some of our main attractions and we are glad that you enjoyed them. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Good hotel...had to be in Corpus during Spring Break for colleges. Rooms were at premium buT found this one for the weekend. It was a typical crazy college group but actually Hotel did very well. Room was better than Ok, windows could have used a cleaning but all in all I would stay there again. Price was reasonable, right on the beach, staff was great, and pool had a great party around it

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Daniel J
Joe D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Daniel J,

We do thank you for the review. It was a busy time during your stay. We are so glad we exceeded your expectations. We do hope to see you in the future.

Joe DePalma

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stayed there spring break of 2012. Worst vacation ever. Filthy rooms. Terrible service. Old paint smell. Terrible carpet. Never again!!! We never ate at restaurant. Looked dirty. Horrible tacky lobby. Don't waste your time or hard earned money at this place! Pool disgusting.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Tiffanywave35
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Tiffanywave35,

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I was very dissapointed with this hotel. I expected great things. Infact, I used 10,000 of my IHG Points to stay here. I expected it to be a lot safer. A Hotel Guest was using the Business Center in the Lobby, and he was robbed by a gunman, who demanded his wallet, and his wife's purse. When I heard about the comotion, I asked the Hotel Clerk what had happend and I was rudely told by her that it wasn't my concern. News Flash, Yes it was, because I'm a paying guest, and I'm also concerned about my safety. Not to mention this alleged gunman could be walking the halls of the hotel. Poor, Poor, Poor Service all away around. The rooms weren't that clean, and I had to ask the front desk for clean towels. The ones in the room, looked as if they were used before. I was so upset, that I called corporate ( which I've never done before) and I was rewarded 10000 points back to my IHG Club Card.

Room Tip: Be super paranoid, and look over your shoulder. Their were numerous undesirables walking the halls...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TopekaTony
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear TopekaTony,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are glad to read that the issue was rectified. However, I am deeply sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay due to the level of service received from our staff. I assure you that the safety and security of all our guests is of utmost concern to us as well as to deliver exceptional service and customer satisfaction with all our guests. The team will be informed of your experience and disappointment in order to avoid such a situation in the future.

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Kay at check in was great. Acted as if we were old friends. They also were good to recognize us as Platinum Priority club members. Gave us treats when we checked in and brought some to our room. Our safe needed batteries and they were up to our room within five minutes to correct that problem. Bed and Bath clean. However, wall had something on it, which I used one of their wash rags to clean. Carpet could use cleaning also. They didn't not clean our room second day until after 4:00. We went to room once and staff was on our floor. I asked if they were going to clean it and they said it was next. When we left they opened our door and blocked it with the flip lock..when we returned 1 hr later, room still not clean and our door was opened. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!. The restaurant was not at all inviting. View would have been good if windows were clean, but they were not. I can understand not being able to clean to room windows constantly, but really, the restaurant windows on ground floor should be cleaned daily! We only ate a salad and hamburger & they were "OK". Drinks from bar didn't seem to have alcohol even tho we did witness them pouring it in. Makes one wonder if it's watered down? If you want really great food, you have to drive and if you leave your parking spot you may not get another one because it seems people use it to go to the beach. The band was too loud!. Maybe they should point their speakers toward the pool and not the rooms. We were never able to use the hot tub..always full of adults & children. Maybe they should consider making it "adults only after 9:00PM" and clean it. If it had been empty I would not have used it. One pool was heated and looked nice. Didn't use that either. The room did have everything you would need, including safe, microwave, fride, & coffee maker. Again I must say any Staff we saw was friendly and always greeted us.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms..If you are on north side of hotel all you see is the condos next door. But those...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank getawaytorelax
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear getawaytorelax,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased that our location suited your needs. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the departments concerned to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.