We recently stayed here for two nights. First the good: Being right on the beach is wonderful, and the room was adequate, despite being a bit outdated. The beds were very comfortable and the wifi worked. We ordered food from the restaurant downstairs and it was delivered quickly, and was tasty.
Now for the bad... The first night of our stay, around 11:30pm (we were already in bed asleep after spending much of the day out in the sun) the fire alarm went off... I shot out of bed and went into evacuation mode... I grabbed my 5 year old and was preparing to exit the room when the alarm stopped. We looked out into the hall and saw a few other tired and confused looking people; we then called the front desk and were told that it was a false alarm. Okay. The next night, around the same time, we were all in bed asleep again, and the alarm went off. My reaction was the same, I was up and ready to evacuate when the alarm stopped. I called the front desk, and was again told that it was a false alarm. Seriously?
The elevators are tiny, so if you are claustrophobic, take the stairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort in Corpus Christi, Texas is North Padre Island s only full service hotel located directly on the Gulf of Mexico.Hand painted murals liven the inside and summer weekend entertainment livens the outside at our Sand Bar. Seasonal children s activities, an outdoor playground, and indoor game room create a perfect family beach vacation. Two large outdoor swimming pools overlook the natural beauty of the ocean and there are many direct beach access points. Both corporate and leisure guests will appreciate the meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom has a microwave and mini-fridge and many offer an ocean view and a balcony. The Beachside Grill and Lounge complete this perfect hotel package!Golf and tennis are less than 1 mile from the hotel. The USS Lex Aircraft Museum and the Texas State Aquarium are 22 miles away.Downtown Corpus Christi provides night life fun, fishing and sightseeing boats and bicycle rentals. Sports enthusiasts can watch a baseball or football game at Whataburger Field, a hockey game at American Bank Center, or Texas A & M Islander basketball. Fish from Bob Hall pier, kayak around Packery Channel, surf at J. P. Luby Park, boat around Bird Island, or walk the many birding trails in the Coastal Bend. Book your hotel reservation with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - n. Padre Island Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn