“I was disappointed in my hotel experience.”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We sent two nights and had many different issues and did not feel welcome. The air conditioner made a loud noise all night and children were running up and down the hall all hours of the night. An alarm woke me up in the night both nights I was there. There were no beach chairs for guests..... I had to pay a company $50 to have chairs and tent on the beach. Breakfast was crazy! Apparently they had a new cook and he was just learning to cook! That was the excuse for slow service. The staff wasn't really friendly but had to have them print out boarding pass as the guest computer was not working. Parking was horrible as beach visitors used the parking lot and it was always full. I had to register my car with a tag but apparently no one was monitoring the lot.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sharibaer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Sharibaer,

Thank you for your review of our hotel regarding your stay.

It is regrettable to know that we have left you with a less than memorable hotel experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the noise from the air conditioning system has caused you and for the dissatisfaction you had with our level of service. Additionally, I am truly sorry if our breakfast didn't live up to your expectations.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope that you would still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.

Dhan M

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We recently stayed here for two nights. First the good: Being right on the beach is wonderful, and the room was adequate, despite being a bit outdated. The beds were very comfortable and the wifi worked. We ordered food from the restaurant downstairs and it was delivered quickly, and was tasty.
Now for the bad... The first night of our stay, around 11:30pm (we were already in bed asleep after spending much of the day out in the sun) the fire alarm went off... I shot out of bed and went into evacuation mode... I grabbed my 5 year old and was preparing to exit the room when the alarm stopped. We looked out into the hall and saw a few other tired and confused looking people; we then called the front desk and were told that it was a false alarm. Okay. The next night, around the same time, we were all in bed asleep again, and the alarm went off. My reaction was the same, I was up and ready to evacuate when the alarm stopped. I called the front desk, and was again told that it was a false alarm. Seriously?
The elevators are tiny, so if you are claustrophobic, take the stairs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Erin H,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding the fire alarm during your stay with us. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D

Reviewed 7 June 2013

The workers were friendly, and the property was fairly well maintained for its age, but there was a general inattention to details. For instance, when we checked in, there was a razor cap from a previous guest left on the bathroom floor. The 2nd and 3rd days of our stay, the beds were made, but not with the top comforter. The 3rd day, our room went unvacuumed. Also, we ran out of toilet paper on Day 3 because it had not be refilled during our stay. They also only supplied 2 washcloths on Days 2 & 3 even though there were four in our group. Their internet service was down, and instead of resolving the issue themselves, they gave me the number to call. The problem was resolved when they refreshed the system closest to our rooms, but IT told the Front Desk that it was probably a problem with our devices. It was not. None of these inconveniences was horrible but the number and frequency of them made the stay unpleasant. Also, our room overlooked the trash area, which was not well-kept so we kept the curtains drawn the entire visit. The elevator, hallway, and stairs seemed to not have adequate climate control so that they smelled musty and just a bit unclean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank S4Life
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear S4Life,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on my way to Laguna Astascosa NWF. The Hotel is very clean, the staff was nice. The house keeping did come around pretty early in the morning about 9am. So I found that odd because checkout wasn't until 11am. I also had a 1pm checkout because I am a Priority Rewards Member so I don't know if they would of tried to clean my room if I had went out? So that would be my only complaint. The Front desk just needs to make sure the housekeeping knows when people's check out is, if it is later. This is a Smoke Free hotel which I like, however disrespectful guests were smoking on my floor, not the hotels fault, just thought I would mention it. I am sure if I would of brought it to the front desk's attention they would of handled it. Be Aware that the Hot Water is VERY HOT! It is burn your skin hot, which I was happy about but just be careful before you step in. They also do have great water pressure. The Beds are very hard, so not too comfortable. On my way back through a few days later I decided to stay another night before heading home, & my experience was the same. I have uploaded a few pictures & I will also be uploading a video to You Tube soon. So look for that. My You Tube is ButterFlyKey422.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Butterflykey
Christina E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for sharing the pictures. It is enjoyable for us to see what it is like from the guests point of view. We appreciate your compliments and your concerns. It gives us an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We've always had good luck with Holiday Inn and am a long time Rewards Member. Seems this one wasn't up to par. Workers were great, equipment poor. Door key wouldn't work, wold open the door once, finaly after the 3rd time, had the lady scan a new one. Fridge was broke and the 'New' replacement had spoiled food in it, nasty smell filled the room. Hair dryer needs light swtich on to work, wish front desk knew that. Coffee pot was too small for maker, only provided half a pot of coffee. It was like the guests after spring break gets to figure out everything that is broke. Worst of all is Holiday Inns online review, I had explained my problems completly, then the site said I had too many character's, so they want to know your issues, but not really. We'll still us HI but not at North Padre Island.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the full beach view, not partial view, Hair Dryer needs light switch on to work.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear tim_churchman,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the hotel conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This being our first trip to Padre, I checked for a hotel that included a restaurant and lounge. Holiday Inn was the only one, which turned out great. The gal at the front desk was very nice and got us a great room. The weather turned windy and cold but we still had a good time and didn't have to leave the property for drinks or meals.

Room Tip: We didn't get a room facing the ocean, but we did have a balcony that we enjoyed. We weren'...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jkcKTravel

Welcome to Padre Island, we are happy that you chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. Our Sand Bar and restaurant are some of our main attractions and we are glad that you enjoyed them. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Good hotel...had to be in Corpus during Spring Break for colleges. Rooms were at premium buT found this one for the weekend. It was a typical crazy college group but actually Hotel did very well. Room was better than Ok, windows could have used a cleaning but all in all I would stay there again. Price was reasonable, right on the beach, staff was great, and pool had a great party around it

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Daniel J
Joe D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Daniel J,

We do thank you for the review. It was a busy time during your stay. We are so glad we exceeded your expectations. We do hope to see you in the future.

Joe DePalma