“Great location”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #40 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This hotel is located literally on the beach at Padre Island Corpus Christi. I loved the very closeness to the beach. The pool was excellent too. Check in and out was good, and the breakfast food (buffet if so desired) was great too. The complaints I have concern the housekeeping. Many times, it was not until late afternoon that our room was cleaned up. One day, we had no coffee - they had forgot to give us some. And never was the floor vacuumed. I know this because of a little pile of sand near the TV. Got a margarita at the poolside bar and it was horrid. Tasted like a limeade slurpy with tequila.

Room Tip: Get a beach view room.
1  Thank dtwsjw
Christina E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Sorry about the housekeeping issues you experienced, I will be sure to pass this information along to the housekeeping department so they can improve in this area. We are glad that you enjoyed the beach and your view.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a two night stay. So, Let's see, where to begin? Upon our arrival the place looked fine. The lobby was a little crowded and there was a line for the 2 elevators for the 6 story property! The elevators were way too small and looked like the were in need of a good cleaning. When we got to our room, (first things first) THE BATHROOM! Everyone knows the first thing you do when you get to your room is go to the bathroom. The first look was ok, seemed clean. Then a further inspection came and that's when we saw that there was urine on the shelf under the sink and mold in the shower. The dust was pretty thick on hair dryer and the electrical outlets, well the plugs we could find. Only 2 of them really worked! So, our overall stay was fine but, don't think we will be booking again just because it was so not worth the $$$ we spent too stay there. We have stayed in a Super8 that had way more class and was alot cleaner than this Holiday Inn. They could use a serious update to the property and cleaning crew to come do a major overhaul. Get what you pay for our stay home!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank biggmommasplace
Christina E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback. It is a training on our issue our part that your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction. We do our best provide the best service to every guest and I apologize that we feel short this time. I do hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

This place is so overpriced! You are not allowed to take your own drinks to the pool area 2 huge red signs let you know this. You have to buy from the outside bar. One margarita was 7 dollars, so ridiculous that you pay so much money for your room and can't even take bottled water to the pool area, not even a snack for your little ones. We will not stay here again, also the ceiling over the shower had a leak. Mayan Princess is where we will be staying next, also band was way too loud this place is more for singles.

2  Thank teg421
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear teg421,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the issues you had with the service you received as well as ceiling and the noise. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen C

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We sent two nights and had many different issues and did not feel welcome. The air conditioner made a loud noise all night and children were running up and down the hall all hours of the night. An alarm woke me up in the night both nights I was there. There were no beach chairs for guests..... I had to pay a company $50 to have chairs and tent on the beach. Breakfast was crazy! Apparently they had a new cook and he was just learning to cook! That was the excuse for slow service. The staff wasn't really friendly but had to have them print out boarding pass as the guest computer was not working. Parking was horrible as beach visitors used the parking lot and it was always full. I had to register my car with a tag but apparently no one was monitoring the lot.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sharibaer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Sharibaer,

Thank you for your review of our hotel regarding your stay.

It is regrettable to know that we have left you with a less than memorable hotel experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the noise from the air conditioning system has caused you and for the dissatisfaction you had with our level of service. Additionally, I am truly sorry if our breakfast didn't live up to your expectations.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope that you would still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.

Dhan M

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We recently stayed here for two nights. First the good: Being right on the beach is wonderful, and the room was adequate, despite being a bit outdated. The beds were very comfortable and the wifi worked. We ordered food from the restaurant downstairs and it was delivered quickly, and was tasty.
Now for the bad... The first night of our stay, around 11:30pm (we were already in bed asleep after spending much of the day out in the sun) the fire alarm went off... I shot out of bed and went into evacuation mode... I grabbed my 5 year old and was preparing to exit the room when the alarm stopped. We looked out into the hall and saw a few other tired and confused looking people; we then called the front desk and were told that it was a false alarm. Okay. The next night, around the same time, we were all in bed asleep again, and the alarm went off. My reaction was the same, I was up and ready to evacuate when the alarm stopped. I called the front desk, and was again told that it was a false alarm. Seriously?
The elevators are tiny, so if you are claustrophobic, take the stairs.

1  Thank Erin H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Erin H,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding the fire alarm during your stay with us. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D

Reviewed 7 June 2013

The workers were friendly, and the property was fairly well maintained for its age, but there was a general inattention to details. For instance, when we checked in, there was a razor cap from a previous guest left on the bathroom floor. The 2nd and 3rd days of our stay, the beds were made, but not with the top comforter. The 3rd day, our room went unvacuumed. Also, we ran out of toilet paper on Day 3 because it had not be refilled during our stay. They also only supplied 2 washcloths on Days 2 & 3 even though there were four in our group. Their internet service was down, and instead of resolving the issue themselves, they gave me the number to call. The problem was resolved when they refreshed the system closest to our rooms, but IT told the Front Desk that it was probably a problem with our devices. It was not. None of these inconveniences was horrible but the number and frequency of them made the stay unpleasant. Also, our room overlooked the trash area, which was not well-kept so we kept the curtains drawn the entire visit. The elevator, hallway, and stairs seemed to not have adequate climate control so that they smelled musty and just a bit unclean.

1  Thank S4Life
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear S4Life,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on my way to Laguna Astascosa NWF. The Hotel is very clean, the staff was nice. The house keeping did come around pretty early in the morning about 9am. So I found that odd because checkout wasn't until 11am. I also had a 1pm checkout because I am a Priority Rewards Member so I don't know if they would of tried to clean my room if I had went out? So that would be my only complaint. The Front desk just needs to make sure the housekeeping knows when people's check out is, if it is later. This is a Smoke Free hotel which I like, however disrespectful guests were smoking on my floor, not the hotels fault, just thought I would mention it. I am sure if I would of brought it to the front desk's attention they would of handled it. Be Aware that the Hot Water is VERY HOT! It is burn your skin hot, which I was happy about but just be careful before you step in. They also do have great water pressure. The Beds are very hard, so not too comfortable. On my way back through a few days later I decided to stay another night before heading home, & my experience was the same. I have uploaded a few pictures & I will also be uploading a video to You Tube soon. So look for that. My You Tube is ButterFlyKey422.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Butterflykey

Thank you for sharing the pictures. It is enjoyable for us to see what it is like from the guests point of view. We appreciate your compliments and your concerns. It gives us an opportunity to improve.