“Worst place ever!!!”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Worst place ever!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is the worst place I ever stayed at. Way to expansive. The fridge was so dirty and smelly. Every plug in that room was broke and the Wifi never worked. The food is horrible as well as the service at the restaurant. There was not one time we received a clean plate to eat. The breakfast eggs were dried out every morning. I had to wait on getting any silverware. The waiter fave me the bill before I even were able to start eating. On top is that they gave my Son apple juice out if a to-go container. They were not even able to put it in a glass. This is when I canceled my booking and moved out to the hotel next door. I gave now master bedroom with king bed. One queen bed and one living room area with pullout couch and a nice kitchen area with big CLEAN fridge. Now the complete family can enjoy the rest of our trip.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Summer1128
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Summer1128,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel.

It is unfortunate that we have left you with a less than memorable guest experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor experience you had in our restaurant and deeply regret the dissatisfaction this has caused you.

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to address any issues that may come up.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have stayed there on more than one vacation and overall a nice stay. However last vacation the bar area is nothing but local trash. The bands were mediocre and apparently the local motorcycle groups follow them around. You could hear them all from inside the hotel room coming into parking lot. And if you were brave enough to go down girls from the motorcycle group were not so nicely shoving a tip bucket in your face several times. Kind of afraid not to drop money in. They were very aggressive.
There is also a couple girls that always show up for one of the other bands and does a hoola hoop routine. One kept going to her car parked on the beach with different bar patrons all night. Kinda makes you think there was some dealing going on. Could be wrong there but looked very suspicious.
On second night walking up from the beach through the pool area I sat my purse on a bench for hubby to watch while I went to restroom. He got distracted watching the band and as I came out I saw a woman who had been swimming in the pool with her family walking down stairs to the beach getting in her vehicle with my bag. I yelled and she stopped. Her explanation. We know the manager. We were going to turn it in to him. Well wouldn't you be going into the hotel and not your car if that was your intention. And this same family swims in the pool every evening as do many others who are obviously not hotel guests so would not take anything of value down to pool area as they do not police it even though they give you a bracelet when you check in and tell you you must wear it to go into the pool area. Just an overall feeling of constantly watching and not feeling safe unless you were on the beach or holed up in your room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Iola B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Iola B,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience during your stay. The guests' comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. Rest assured that I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The only thing this hotel has going for it, is it is located right on the beach...and the only one that is. It's a fairly old hotel that shows its age everywhere you look. For the price they charge you would expect MUCH more. However, I will say, we enjoyed our very brief stop off. It helped that they had off road golf carts to rent so you could 'cruise' the beaches and see the coast easier. Although there is nothing impressive of this coastline, my kids and I found it entertaining for the day. Front desk staff was very friendly and tried to be accommodating. If you have to go to N Padre area I would recommend this hotel, however the Holiday Inn downtown across from the pier is much nicer (formerly Omni Hotel) where we stayed the following night.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank David T
Christina E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
David,

Coming to North Padre Island with the family is always fun! We are excited that you enjoyed yourself and enjoyed using the golf carts. I will also share the compliments with our front desk staff. We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Christina
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We were scheduled to stay for two nights but after arriving we immediately decided to change that to a single night due to the condition of the property. The hotel is very dated and in need of a serious renovation. Our room was very noisy because the door to the balcony didn't seal so all night we were kept up due to a whistling noise from the wind. The entrance door to the room also was loose and even though it was closed and locked it would move back and forth with the wind. I didn't think it could get any worse but it did, there were roaches in the bathroom, the toilet looked like a something out of a rest stop and the showerhead was extremely low so you had to duck to wash your hair. At checkout I requested to speak with a manager and I was informed that he/she wasn’t there so I asked for a call, I'm still waiting for a call. The girl we did speak with didn't seem surprised to hear about the problems with the room. Our experience was probably typical and not the first to voice concerns. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms at other hotels will be nicer
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jason O
Christina E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our services. I sincerely apologize that you wanted to leave early. I hope we can have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The location was great since it's right on the beach. When we arrived our room was not ready. The hotel looks old and dirty definitely not worth the rates they charge. On our second night I killed a cockroach in the bathroom!! That really grossed me out!! The following morning I went to check out and to my surprise they were wanting to bill me $70 more. When my room had been an advance purchase and was paid in full! Once I complained about the roach all they could do was waive the $70!! We will definitely not be returning here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank imurb
Christina E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
I am so sorry that you had an unpleasant time at our hotel. We do our best to insure that every guest has an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, we fell short this time. We would appreciate a chance to serve you again, so that we can provide you with excellent customer service.

Thank you.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn over the past weekend, boy was it packed. There were a ton of people ready to check in and these agents were champs. We checked in and when we got to our room the keys didn't work. We came back to the front desk and the manager was amazing! She promptly made us new keys and even took the elevator to our room with us. We felt like VIP. She had also called maintenance up to our room in case it was the door that needed to to fixed. She was so friendly. She talked to my children like she was one of our family friends. Later on, we walked through the lobby, she remembered our names and reminded us to put on sunscreen (which we forgot!) Her (Cristina) and the front desk rocked! We well definitely be coming back and I hope the same staff members are there. We have never had a manager so above and beyond like that.

Room Tip: Ask for Cristina and you will be taken care of
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We love to hear the compliments. We work hard as a front desk staff and it is so rewarding to know its appreciated. I am very personally happy that you and your family had such a great time. We hope to see you and your family here again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is a good beach hotel. It is right on the beach so you can walk out and the beach is right there--very convenient. The beach there is good and kept very clean. I have stayed there 4 times with family on vacation and we keep going back because we have always enjoyed it and its so convenient. They have a fairly good pool and hot tub with an outside bar. Rooms are good. This time we stayed in a master suite which is a little pricey, but VERY nice and roomy. The service was really quick--had to ask for extra bedding and TV remote and service showed up within a couple of minutes. They rent cabana unbrellas on the beach there and have buggies you can rent if you like that. They also have a reasonable resturant for breakfast or a quick lunch if you don't want to drive for a meal.
The beds are fine and everything was working in good order so were are again happy customers, and will probably go back again.
Some things are showing some wear, but they have done a lot of work in last 2 years and I think keeping it up ok. No complaints.

Room Tip: The master suites are very roomy (separate bedroom and living room with sofabed....) and was plenty...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Christina E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
We are sure glad that you enjoyed your stay, here at the Holiday Inn. I am happy you enjoyed the master suite, it is an excellent choice! I will share with our staff that they were prompt when bringing you the items you requested. We hope to see you again.

Thank you.