I'll admit I was a little worried about staying here after reading some of the recent reviews. But we (myself, my wife and 2 kids) had a great time here. It is a beach hotel... that sits right on the beach. Because of that... it is weathered and sandy. So just come prepared. Elevators were working. We paid for an Ocean View and got an Ocean View. Note: there are only 20 or so direct ocean facing rooms. We had one of these rooms. The other rooms appear to have a view... but from a side facing view. The breakfast buffet was decent. Fully stocked. Service was decent but a little slow. I think that was likely due to staffing. We did not eat at the hotel other than breakfast - which I would always suggest - go get some local food from a restaurant. The maid service was good. We received towels and the room was clean and made up upon our returns. Maybe HI had been listening to this board and got things straightened out by the time we made our visit - but we had a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort in Corpus Christi, Texas is North Padre Island s only full service hotel located directly on the Gulf of Mexico.Hand painted murals liven the inside and summer weekend entertainment livens the outside at our Sand Bar. Seasonal children s activities, an outdoor playground, and indoor game room create a perfect family beach vacation. Two large outdoor swimming pools overlook the natural beauty of the ocean and there are many direct beach access points. Both corporate and leisure guests will appreciate the meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom has a microwave and mini-fridge and many offer an ocean view and a balcony. The Beachside Grill and Lounge complete this perfect hotel package!Golf and tennis are less than 1 mile from the hotel. The USS Lex Aircraft Museum and the Texas State Aquarium are 22 miles away.Downtown Corpus Christi provides night life fun, fishing and sightseeing boats and bicycle rentals. Sports enthusiasts can watch a baseball or football game at Whataburger Field, a hockey game at American Bank Center, or Texas A & M Islander basketball. Fish from Bob Hall pier, kayak around Packery Channel, surf at J. P. Luby Park, boat around Bird Island, or walk the many birding trails in the Coastal Bend. Book your hotel reservation with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - n. Padre Island Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn