“Near Perfect”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #38 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The building is certainly showing its age but does not detract from the fact that it is a very nice place in a superb location. The room was clean, up-to-date, functional.
The staff are helpful, polite, courteous, and the front desk was manned ever single time I walked by.
I saw no drunks at the pool-side bar.
I wish I could have stayed longer, and will certainly return.

Room Tip: Do ask for a room away from the pool-side bar, specially on weekends.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel from 6/20-6/26. It is a wonderful place to stay for families or beach partiers. Families should make sure to stay on the opposite side of the outside bar. There is a gift shop, coffee bar, wonderful food in the dining room to eat in or take out, fast room service, friendly and the most helpful staff one even moving her car so I would be closer to the door, two pools, spa, out door food, great outdoor bar, live music on weekends, a children's swingset area, and the best just steps to the beach! The hotel is one of the oldest, but the atmosphere and the people make it a laid back gem.

2  Thank Sherilynkd
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family was going to stay 2 nights but decided to cut our trip short because the smell of the hotel is horrible. The service sucks and I really don't even think they clean the rooms. For the price of the room, I expected a lot more! It is way over priced! This hotel is very outdated. I will say the view is good, but that's about it. And no free breakfest either!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank paypay222
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear paypay222,

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your recent stay. It is regrettable that the room quality and level of service was a let down during your visit. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

We appreciate all the feedback we receive as this is our best resource for improvement. We would love the opportunity to serve you again with a completely satisfying hotel stay experience.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I just spent a week here. I travel a lot and usually only stay at HI. I wasted 200k points on this nasty place. This one was awful. 3 pools? A joke. Two jacuzzi size kiddie pools and another pool that might have fit ten people. We never got to use it as it was always crowded and next to the bar full of drunk nasty mouthed people. We had young kids. We were placed in a handicapped room apparently for little people. The toilet had handle bars and was tiny. No rm in bathrm to set stuff. No rm anywhere to set luggage. But a huge desk blocking another door. The windows were so dirty no view at all. We only got maid svce one day while there. Even though we were up early every morning and left. The maids were still cleaning on our floor when we came back in the evening. I finally called after the third day. Garbage was running over, a stack of dirty towels, room smelled even before we got there. Not enough towels each day. Always had to ask for more. Sand on floors never got vacuumed before we checked in. A/C stayed at 60 but room was always hot. Food in rest. Overpriced. Three burgers and chicken tenders was $75 without tip. The buffet was a joke. Bins only had a handful of anything in each one. Svce was awful. Brought our food and after we sat there for and eternity they finally came and refilled our drinks. Every morning we get a two ring call, prob from maids trying to wake us up at 7am. Every day! While cleaning rms next to us doors were slamming and you could hear them screaming back and forth to each other. And making all kinds of racket. No sleep or rest here that's for sure. I cannot believe I wasted my hard earned points to stay here. Had there been another Hi somewhere else we would have left. But every hotel was booked up. I'm absolutely upset that we had to park in the street due to no parking. I feel like my points were wasted. I'm a platinum Mbr. Only one day I received a USA paper. People all around us slamming doors, yelling, we could not sleep due to people above us stomping on the floor. Do not stay here. This hotel is too cramped to enjoy. No beach space in front, pools too crowded. I'm thinking to maybe changing to a different hotel chain. I'm just disgusted I wasted my points to stay here. This hotel needs to be torn down and rebuilt proper. And forget those "platinum member perks". All we received was a noon checkout. Nothing else. What a joke! Very disappointed in HI.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Utvol2009
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our property. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while visiting our hotel.

Unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at HI-GuestRelations@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Charisse V.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

$310.00 tab on my card, a total deception. We only got maybe $90 worth of service. The restaurant,was no better, we ordered a $37 dinner for two, got a overcooked Swiss/mushroom burger,and a shrimp dinner with 7 ,- half inch long shrimp. Really half inch. Not worth the trip. The beach didn't fair well either, smelled like sewer. Go to south padre island,cleaner,..... Corporate boys need to come and see their mess.

5  Thank axle49
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear axle49,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to know that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay because of some aspects that were not able to live up to your standards. I have noted your comments regarding the food served and level of cleanliness. We certainly appreciate that you have brought this to our attention and apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have shared your feedback with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Best Regards,

Charisse V

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Views great everything else is terrible. Dirty rooms. The down stairs bar and pool area smells awful. The service everywhere is non existent. The elevator is a death trap. No vending machines, and all the soda machines were broke. Dont even bother with the restaurant. Construction starts at 8 am....first weekend of summer? The bar staff is slow and rude. Just an awful experience.

4  Thank jasonbrown332
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear jasonbrown332,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am glad to know that the views and our location worked for you. On the other hand, I am very sorry for any inconvenience the hotel amenities and level of service you received may have caused you. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Traveled to Padre to spend a long weekend with the family and we were really excited by the photos and description of the hotel. For the price, we expected it to be nice. The location and staff were great. The room and amenities, not so much. The room was damp and smelly with bad carpet, the walls were dirty and the entire room appeared in dire need of updating. Our first night we encountered guests who banged on the door of a room on the 2nd floor for hours before the security finally resolved the issue. The next night a guest was so rowdy at the check in desk, a crowd of employees seemed to want to congregate as if they were expecting the guest to start assaulting people. The pool bar is obviously the local hang out for anyone who stumbles off the beach, drunk and rowdy. Certainly not a place to take the kids after 6p. This property has such great potential but the Holiday Inn needs to reinvest in this property and restrict access to the pool and pool side bar to guests. Really disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Robert R,

Thank for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted with your good comments regarding our hotel staff and location. However, it is regrettable that your recent stay was less than satisfactory due to the room that was assigned to you and the noise levels you have experienced. Please be assured that we will use your feedback, including your concerns regarding our bar and pool facilities, to consider taking the appropriate measures to improve on our services.

I hope you give us another chance to host you again and provide you with an exceptional hotel experience in the future.

Faith R