“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

My husband and I recently spent two nights at this Best Western in Corpus. Located on North Shoreline Blvd., the hotel sits directly across the boulevard from a beautiful harbor. We were on one of the upper floors and had our own balcony with a harbor view. In fact, supposedly, the hotel sits so all the rooms have good views. And it is much lower in price than one would expect for that location. The free breakfast they offered was very good - scrambled eggs, bacon, juice, etc., not just the usual free cereal or toast. Being gluten sensitive, I was quite impressed with the food both mornings. Plus, breakfast was on the 11th floor - with huge windows on both wides overlooking the city and harbor!

We had not been to Corpus in ten or so years, and I had forgotten what a beautiful city it is with palm trees and beautiful homes all along the shoreview drive - this bay city which once called itself "Naples of the Gulf."

Room Tip: If you like to be near the breakfast area, choose a room near the 11th floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

The staff was friendly and it was in a really good location overall... Right on the wharfs and within walking distance of a lot of seafood restaurants. We got a great view of the wharfs from our balcony. The rooms were really old and the plumbing was VERY LOUD. every time a toilet flushed or someone used the sink it would make a terrible sound and then sound like a waterfall in my room. This made it very difficult to sleep at night. There was a great breakfast included that I was surprised to see because it was more than the traditional hotel breakfast of cinnamon rolls and powdered eggs. The doors were like cardboard... The rooms didn't have sprinklers...they were renovating so hopefully things will improve. But the tv had 90 ish channels which was nice. Otherwise it was clean.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lauren S
Laredo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The room was great. The view was even better. Our children enjoyed the continental breakfast especially the view of the Gulf. The shower was amusing for the children because it would spin but for me the water pressure was a bit off. We would like to stay here again and bring other family memebers we only wish they would have suites available.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Huntsville, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I made reservations on the way to Corpus and then when we got to the night manager was rude and told me that i could not get the room because i am not 21. they leo charged my credit card twice.. NEVER GOING BACK!!!!

Room Tip: The only good things were the breakfast on the 11th floor and the bed :\
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Johnson County, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We used to live in Corpus Christi and had many occasions to use the facilities if the hotel, This is the first time returning. It has been extensively remodeled and gives a pleasant appearance. The only meal available is breakfast which is a full breakfast. Room was clean, bedding was comfortable, Will return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank retired44
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

For an early Valentine's present, (2/11/12) my fiance took me to Corpus Christi. I just flew in from California for the week. I was pretty excited when I found the hotel online and we booked a one night stay. The room was clean, the bathroom was small, but, we were only there one night. But, because I had been up since 3am PST and arrived in Texas at 1:00 pm, and drove 2 hrs. from San Antonio, we pretty much skipped dinner and almost went to bed. The room was very cold and took a bit to warm up...because of the great view, I wanted to sleep with the curtains drawn back to see the marina, but it was so windy, the wind blew through the balcony window and whistled all night. Around 9 pm., I had eventually fallen asleep and at 9:12 pm, I jumped awake after I heard a room door slam shut and loud talking, my fiance heard someone shout, "what room are we in again?" the answer, "506!" I heard someone shouting and crying and lots of stomping up and down the hallway. He were tempted to call down to the front desk and complain, but, the noise eventually died down and then the flushing of someone else's toilet sounded as if they were in our bathroom and like most hotel room, anytime someone used the shower, you could hear that too. We did finally fall asleep, then at 1 am we heard loud music and people shouting, laughing, etc out in the parking lot. and we could hear someone's tv on until 2am and I was awake until 3 am. I got up and closed the drapes to shout out any more cold air and noise. The only time it was quiet was when it was time to get up and check out. My fiance was impressed with the complimentary breakfast and had the waffle shaped like Texas and I actually stayed in the room. I loved the bed, that it was raised up off the floor, the sheets and bedding were clean, the tv was nice with several channel options, but, there was no relaxation to be had. I was so exhausted that my back hurt. I was so glad that we went to Corpus Christi, but, not sure we will stay at the Best Western Marina Grand

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hula324
Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

My best friend and I stayed at the Best Western Marina for a girls weekend get away and it was jut great! Great rooms and views. Loved the hot breakfast and the fact that check out is at noon. We ate breakfast and still came back to bed to relax before driving home to the valley. It was close to all the great clubs downtown and just close to everything you need for a little relaxing time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends