“Great!”

Best Western Corpus Christi
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I came down in october and had a really nice time so when our 10 anniversary came around we couldn't deside where to go. Took a few thoughs and we had to go back to the coast. So we made our reservations 14 day in advance and went. Had the time of our life. My husband wants to go back again. We even added another night onto our stay while we where there because we didn't want to leave! We are looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: 508 or 712! Best view every time! Sune rise and sunset! The best view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenneth G
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stayed at this Hotel in July.
Great Location, walking distance to restraunts, bars, downtown, marina and beaches
The room was reasonable and satisfactory. Free wifi.
The staff was friendly and accommodating.
They were finishing a new lounge on the 11th floor that will have a great view.

Room Tip: 10th floor has high ceilings
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mark c

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed with family in early July, hotel was fully booked. The room was ok, with a tiny balcony, but the hallway smelly and dated. The elevators were very small and slow. Parking in the shade in the garage was nice when the weather got hot.

The pool was not very clean and had no stairs, only pool ladders. There were no pool towels by the pool on either of our two days there, even though we asked the staff for some. In stead of handing out towels they promised to deliver by the pool but did not. Consequently, we had to stand dripping wet in our bathing suits in the elevator when going up the first day.

The breakfast room was nice, with a view over the marina. The breakfast was ok too.
The neighborhood was a little boring, but there was a cheap and good steak house restaurant a couple of blocks away, and a pub/nightclub called The Surf Club practically next door. If you plan on going to see the USS Lexington, it`s reasonably close by car.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. Sorry to hear you felt our property was a bit dated. We are constantly working on improving our hotel. For instance, we've recently completely remodeled our lobby and just two weeks ago we opened a brand new lounge on the top floor of the hotel that overlooks the beautiful Corpus Christi Bay. We do hope that you will come see us again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Reviewed 9 August 2012

my stay at the best western was a pleasant one, the staff was friendly and helpful.I didnt think the a/c worked that well the room was not cool enough for me.the breakfast they served was the best.all inall i enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for the nice review! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found my staff friendly. We do try our best to make our guests happy and I appreciate you acknowledging them and will surely pass along your kind words.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I had a room on the 8th floor. Immediately, I noticed stains on the carpets in the hallway and in my room. There was mold on the ceiling. I couldn't open the patio door, it was stuck and my friend kept tripping on the rusty step out into the tiny balcony. It seemed extremely hazardous to me. The curtains had stains on them. I couldn't sleep at all on the bed. I was itchy all nite long. Turns out, our bedding had spots and stains. When we called down to the laundry room to have new sheets brought up to us, it took them awhile to be brought up. When they finally arrived, the maid wanted to put them on for us, but we decided we'd do it ourselves, and when we did, we noticed the mattress covering and the mattress itself had huge stains and was very very filthy. No wonder I couldn't sleep! Not to mention, but you could hear every toilet flush, every shower go on, every noise outside!!! I had to stay there for 3 nites not being able to sleep. It wore me out, ruined my trip and by the end of the vacation, me and my best friend were barely talking to one another on account of lack of sleep and just misery of being in this filthy hotel. They don't give you enough soap or shampoo either. I had to provide for myself. Overall, this was the worst time I've ever spent in a hotel, and I will NEVER pick this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank dominicansoul
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

I'm very sorry to hear you were less than thrilled with your stay. I so wish you would have brought it to our attention while you were on property so that we could have fixed the issues experienced. Please give me a call if you wouldn't mind discussing the situation more. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

This hotel is in a great location overlooking the ocean and right next to the original Whataburger, which impressed my kids. Each room has a balcony, refrigerator and microwave. Parking, wireless and breakfast are complimentary. Breakfast is served in a large room on the top floor. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay here and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

my boyfriend and i along with our puppy stayed at the hotel for 2 nights july 31st to august 2nd. We were put on the 2nd floor because that was a pet friendly floor. The room was very nice and DID NOT smell at all like their had been an animal in there. When you opened the glass door there was an enclosed patio that my dog was able to enjoy. The pool was very clean I saw them each morning outside cleaning it. If we go back to corpus christi we will be staying there again and our puppy will be back!

Room Tip: if you are coming with a pet ask for a room with the enclosed patio!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

So happy to hear you had a nice time with us and were able to bring along your dog to enjoy the stay. We hope you'll come visit again soon! Thank you for the nice review.