“Pleasant and convenient”

Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
St. John's, Canada
“Pleasant and convenient”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Great location and clean premises. A bit dated and things could be upgraded a bit more in the rooms ( coffee makers, bathroom taps, etc.) but these items are mostly frivolous and overall it is a very nice hotel. Breakfast was convenient and easy, not overbearing. Serious was excellent. One improvement item: needs to buy portable infant cribs that can be used by travellers with a baby or infants - this is a norm in the industry and to not have them is not acceptable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you Drodge709 for taking the time to write this review about our property here in Downtown Corpus Christi.

I did speak to you at check in and I have brought the request up to our ownership & they are review all options as we speak & we should come to a solution very soon!

Just want to say Thank you again & let's have the change to provide great customer care!

Jane G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here on Business. No complaints, some road work out front but hotel was nice and clean. Would recommend this hotel and would stay here in the future. The breakfast was very well done and the breakfast staff was very helpful and friendly. There is a lounge that serves food where I ate each night. However, their menu is limited and may not be enough variety for a family. There is no dance floor it is more of a relaxing quite atmosphere with a breathtaking view of the area and water below.

Dear KevinF,
Thank you so much for taking the time in writing this review about your stay with our property while doing business in Corpus Christi.

We agree with you about our views of our downtown & bay views, they are pretty awesome!

And yes the construction of Shoreline Blvd is sometimes troublesome but in the long run when all done I think we will benefit from.

Thank you again for choosing you as your hotel stay!
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Clean. Great breakfast.
In the room you get what you are paying for. No more no less. Well located close from everything.
Only reason not 5 stars at checking Inn the lady at front desk was angry and felt that she was doing us a favor instead of been happy for having guest. Next to her the other lady I could see her treating better the customer she was attending.
Got bad luck with a bad day perhaps.

Still come back for sure.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elhomero
Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you Elhomero for taking the time to write this review & do appreciate you letting us know about our staff member, We use all review good or bad to teach all staff about how we can improve out customer service and your review will help so much!

We do Thank you for choosing our property for your weekend trip to Corpus Christi & hope you choose us in any future trips back to Corpus Christi.

Humble, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff was friendly, the room clean, and someone finally got breakfast right-Breakfast Tacos that were very tasty. The staff all had a smile and were very responsive to my needs. Each staff member had a smile on their face and addressed me on sight. Definitely will be back and stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Malcom D for writing this wonderful review of our property.
Your business is very important to us & we do value your feedback about our hotel & the hotel staff, we try to deliver superior care & hope to make your stay pleasurable!

Humble, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good hotel when your in the area centrally located Downtown with the attractions and food close by! Doesn't hurt that its right on the seawall and overlooking the harbor! Its an older hotel with local character but usually priced OK for the downtown area. I'd recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this review of our property & we know how busy our lives are so, we do Thank you....

We hope that you will choose our Best Western on your next business trip & if I could be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again & hope to see you soon!
Kinston, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at Best Western because is was close by the things we wanted to do, and less expensive than staying in Port Aransas. Very nice location, clean and comfy rooms. Road construction made access a little difficult but no so bad that it was a pain.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you Nicholas S for writing this wonderful review about our property on your recent stay in Corpus Christi.

We hear that the Sandfest was a big success this year & we truly appreciate you comments not only about us but what brought you to Corpus Christi.

And we are sorry about the road construction on Shoreline Blvd. but that is a project our of our hands and the project is the City Of Corpus Christi but once done it will be better for our downtown area.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was in Corpus Christi on a work assignment during Texas’s spring break. This was the best hotel option in the per diem rate allotted. I can honestly say it wasn’t the worst stay ever and nowhere near the best but all things considered. I only had one complaint.

The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. My trip dates changed after I made my first reservation. I was unable to change my reservation to include an extra day on each end of my reservation so I had to make two additional reservations, strange website. Yes, I could have called but if you are like me, I hate waiting on the phone and then explaining several times to numerous people what you are trying to accomplish. So the front desk staff noticed and combined them some kind of way except they had to charge my card three times. I didn’t care it was still the same price and it is a business trip, as long as I get to stay in the same room, who cares. The location was in walking distance to my work site, which was a plus so I didn’t have to pay for parking and who doesn’t love strolling beside the beach in the morning and early evening. There was some construction going on in the front part of the hotel but it was minimal. I worked during the day and I didn’t hear anything. Although at night it was a little noisy outside from the spring breakers but not enough to disrupt your sleep.

I didn’t use anything in the hotel except breakfast buffet. It was average scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, Juices, yogurt, bagels, muffins, cereal, etc. the basics, it was upstairs so there was a nice view of the bay. There was a bar lounge upstairs too never made it to that either but the view is still nice.

My one gripe was my first bill receipt came and instead of being slid under the door it was placed face up at the door for everyone to see my name and address (NOT COOL!). I know someone else complained because after that my next bill was slid under the door. You would think with that dag gone 2inch gap with that hallway light emanating under the door, the bill should always be slid under the door. The room itself was basic nothing to write home about, I had clean sheets and towels in need of some fabric softener, so no complaint there.

As to whether I would stay there again, I would but I would still look for better options but for the per diem money and location. It wasn’t that bad.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Aprilerain
Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Aprilerain,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our property during your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectation. Your satisfaction is important to us and will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guest in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 361-883-5111.