“Expected Better”

Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Lytle
“Expected Better”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were in Corpus Christi on business. We picked the Best Western Marina for the location. For the price we expected better everything. The room was small and minimal furnishings. Terrible TV selections. We were told every room had a balcony. Yes, but it is only about 2 feet deep. No room for a chair. Could not get the AC to stop. The room was freezing even after we adjusted the temp. No spare blankets. We had to go to the desk and "Check One Out". 2 small elevators are not even close to adequite. We often had to wait for several elevators just to find one that had room for us.Parking is a joke. Motorcycles were allowed to take up the "Loading/Unloading " areas for the whole weekend. Cars parked in the Handicap Parking with no Handicap plates or plaquards. The clerks at the front desk could not tell us where the nearest WalMart was. When we asked about the " Captains Quarters" room, we were told they don't rent it out anymore. Totally not a good experience. Never again- not at the prices they were getting.

Room Tip: No rooms face the water. We faced a vacant lot.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you ChristiV for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your feedback you wrote about us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guest in the future.

I also messaged you and would like more information about your stay.

Jane G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Bad Salzuflen, Germany
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The Hotel has been one of the worst best westerns I have been to. It was a nice welcome because the room was already cleaned to check in a couple hours earlier and it was nice to see the big room and the great view on the sea. Besides that it started that the AC didn't turn off so the room became really cold and when I tried to call the front desk the phone didn't work. Even after asking in person at the front desk no one took care of it. Suddenly the light in the front room didn't work anymore either! The breakfast wasn't good at all. The room was very noise and the buffet didn't offer many things. The fitness room was alright to work out. But in general the only good thing was the view.

Stayed April 2014
Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you travelforlife34 for taking the time to write this review on your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not excedding your expectations. We will be using your feedback to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I have sent you a message as well if you can get back to me I would like to know more about your stay.

Jane
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for one night with our pet. We HAD to stay on a certain floor because we had a pet. Therefore, there was only one room available. It just happened to be beside the elevator, stairs, ice machine and the doors to the outdoor patio. The door to the stairs slammed all night long, the ice machine was noisy all night long and you could hear the cables in the elevator squeaking all night long. I got about 3 hours sleep that night. I went to the front desk to complain and the lady at the desk asked me if I was staying another night...I said no and she said "well, then there's nothing we can do for you". I would expect one could get some discount for the horrible stay or at least an "I'm sorry". Nobody seemed to care. I called the next day and asked for a manager. There was no manager in but was assured that my call would be noted and the manager notified. I was never called back..I gave me cellphone number and email and no response. I've stayed here before and the location is great the rooms are clean and average but nice for the price. I won't be back if they can't even address a simple problem like this.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Rocket1964, we truly appreciate the time that you took to write this review and let us know about the issues you had during your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. You issues are important and I would like to address those with you.

In order for me look into this further I will need some more information so I will message you and try to get something resolve.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Great location and clean premises. A bit dated and things could be upgraded a bit more in the rooms ( coffee makers, bathroom taps, etc.) but these items are mostly frivolous and overall it is a very nice hotel. Breakfast was convenient and easy, not overbearing. Serious was excellent. One improvement item: needs to buy portable infant cribs that can be used by travellers with a baby or infants - this is a norm in the industry and to not have them is not acceptable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you Drodge709 for taking the time to write this review about our property here in Downtown Corpus Christi.

I did speak to you at check in and I have brought the request up to our ownership & they are review all options as we speak & we should come to a solution very soon!

Just want to say Thank you again & let's have the change to provide great customer care!

United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here on Business. No complaints, some road work out front but hotel was nice and clean. Would recommend this hotel and would stay here in the future. The breakfast was very well done and the breakfast staff was very helpful and friendly. There is a lounge that serves food where I ate each night. However, their menu is limited and may not be enough variety for a family. There is no dance floor it is more of a relaxing quite atmosphere with a breathtaking view of the area and water below.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear KevinF,
Thank you so much for taking the time in writing this review about your stay with our property while doing business in Corpus Christi.

We agree with you about our views of our downtown & bay views, they are pretty awesome!

And yes the construction of Shoreline Blvd is sometimes troublesome but in the long run when all done I think we will benefit from.

Thank you again for choosing you as your hotel stay!
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Clean. Great breakfast.
In the room you get what you are paying for. No more no less. Well located close from everything.
Only reason not 5 stars at checking Inn the lady at front desk was angry and felt that she was doing us a favor instead of been happy for having guest. Next to her the other lady I could see her treating better the customer she was attending.
Got bad luck with a bad day perhaps.

Still come back for sure.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elhomero
Jane G, General Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you Elhomero for taking the time to write this review & do appreciate you letting us know about our staff member, We use all review good or bad to teach all staff about how we can improve out customer service and your review will help so much!

We do Thank you for choosing our property for your weekend trip to Corpus Christi & hope you choose us in any future trips back to Corpus Christi.

Humble, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff was friendly, the room clean, and someone finally got breakfast right-Breakfast Tacos that were very tasty. The staff all had a smile and were very responsive to my needs. Each staff member had a smile on their face and addressed me on sight. Definitely will be back and stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Malcom D for writing this wonderful review of our property.
Your business is very important to us & we do value your feedback about our hotel & the hotel staff, we try to deliver superior care & hope to make your stay pleasurable!