“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Lake Wales, Florida
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Very wonderful stay here as always. Staff is courteous and friendly, rooms very clean and I love the pool area. Spectacular view. Very close to local restaurants and attractions. Couple drawbacks are the noise from racing motorcycles (nothing the hotel can do about) and the parking area is tight. Would still highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debra M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Waco, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First time staying at this Hotel; great location and great view of the Marina which made it very relaxing. Street closure in front of the hotel was not an issue. Plan to use this hotel for future family week-end (10-15 rooms).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Alesia G
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Recently stayed in Corpus Christi TX for a funeral. Booked 4 rooms to handled the group we were traveling with for it. Everyone liked the rooms and most all the views from each room. Would recommend tis location for anyone. Even with the front Shoreline Drive blocked for a city ongoing project access was still good once we figured out the two/way - one/way streets during this project.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glenn B
Laredo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

All staff teams are courteous, helpful & good humoured. Easy parking; excellent location downtown with beaches, bars and restaurants within easy reach. Rooms are well appointed, comfortable and clean. Stunning views from the top floor lounge. Excellent value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Greg B
Dripping Springs, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Started with very friendly, swift check-in. That's something I expect anywhere I stay but don't always get. Cool, comfortable lobby. 3 elevators and rarely a wait even with a soccer tournament in town with lots of kids running around. Besides, what's the rush, you're on beach time! VERY clean, VERY comfortable spacious VERY quiet rooms! A/C was good AND quiet. Very good breakfast, and a wonderful, spacious comfortable 11th floor bar! Great view with couches and easy chairs. Competent, attentive bartenders and great drinks! Plenty of covered parking. Easy walk to area restaurants and close to beach & major attractions. We were able to get adjoining rooms with our kids & grand kids too. We'll definitely visit Corpus again and stay here!

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are the way go! The higher the floor the better. If you can't stand to wait a few...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Doug P
hondo, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

i really enjoyed staying at this hotel...when we got up to our rm on the 8th fl, the view was just spectacular...we stayed 4th of july weekend and got a great view of the fireworks display off the lexington...it was awesome...would definitely stay again...the housekeepers where very friendly and helpful as well...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Brenham
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I hate having to write this review.
My family and I have stayed at this hotel the past 3 years and loved it. I've recommended it to family and friends and it's something we really look forward to.
I did notify Best Western consumer relations about this incident and have not heard back from them, which is what is prompting this review. I called a week ago to check in on the claim and they told me it was handed to the manager of the facility and I would hear from them about what was found. It's been a week and a half since my initial complaint was filed and I have not had one person from Best Western attempt to reach out to me.
After arriving home from visiting this hotel, I noticed a few bites high on my right leg. I dismissed it as mosquito bites for the first day or so. Then the bites didn't go away. It was then my husband told me he had some weird bites on his back. I took a look and they were the exact same bites as mine. I told him I noticed mine the first day we got back from Corpus and he said the same about his. That's when we Googled bed bug bites. They are dead on.
And they still haven't gone away. Now they're turning a dark brown, which I'm assuming is part of the healing process.
The kicker is my husband and I slept in different beds. We had our two kids with us and they wanted to sleep with us since we were on vacation. Thank goodness they did not receive any bites, but because my husband and I both did, this means the bugs are in both beds.
To think of those bugs crawling on me and my family why we slept is absolutely disgusting.
Not only am I upset about the lack of cleanliness, but the lack of customer service as well.
I can assure you my family and I will never stay at this hotel again and this experience will also make us second guess any other stay at Best Western.
The room we stayed in was 902. If you do choose to stay in this hotel I would highly advise not staying in room 902.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Kris L
Raul H, Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
My apologies for not responding on a timely manner about your incident in our guestroom between the dates of June 20 through June 22,2014. Customer care was notified on June 27,2014 by you on this matter and reported to the hotel. I took the liberty on notifying our professional pest control team to do an investigation in our guestroom in question, 5 days after checking out and reporting it. Never the less the guestroom was found to be insect or bedbug free.