“Really clean!!”

La Quinta Inn Corpus Christi North
Ranked #57 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reviewed 20 May 2013

First off I must say that a lot of reviews on here are fake, especially the ones " collected through LQ" with no profile.

This was a disgusting excuse of a laquinta. It deserves nowhere near 3.5 stars at most, 2 stars if even. I am a frequent LQ customer, I am an elite member in their rewards program ( supposed to be VIP ) however, I received horrible customer service, a dirty bug infested room with a broken saggy bed. When I tried to check in at 430 pm I was told it would be about 1 and a half hours until my room was ready, unacceptable considering check in time is at 3pm.

So in detail about my stay, my bed was broken at the bottom so I was sleeping on an incline. There were also metal bars sticking out of the bottom of the bed that my girlfriend scraped her leg on. Next was the tub, it was full of hair, long black hairs strung all over the walls and wrapped around the stopper. The tub was also stained yellow and the shower had very little water pressure.
There were also insects present in my room, there were 3 giant flies and 1 big locust looking bug flying around our room. I went to front to ask for a fly swatter, but they didn't have one. I was given a rolled up newspaper and sent away with the words " good luck" no apology for the grossness. After playing exterminator for about 20 minutes, I wanted to try out the pool. When I get there, there's a shady group of people in the pool smoking drugs. I have asthma so I couldn't swim with it. Walls are also paper thin so I could hear fellow residents doing their activities all night long.

I have tried to contact the general manager several times with no response. I will also be contacting by email if not in person the LQ headquarters in Irving. I live there anyways so it's not a drive for me.

If your looking for a cheap rent by the hour type motel, with pests, dysfunctional furniture, people loitering outside your window all night in the parking lot, NO customer service, bad location, no food near by, a 45 minute drive to the beach, and low quality rooms this is your place.

I was embarrassed by the hotel, I feel bad for taking my girlfriend to such a shady motel in a shady area. She was grossed out and it ruined our weekend.

Room Tip: I have no tips except to chose another location. I saw another LQlocation on HWY 358 that I wish I w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ldanko
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This hotel was very big, friendly staff, spacious, great location, breakfast very good, delicious coffee, and the food was excellent. Excellent service. A pleasre to recommend this hotel. Carmel-Houston, TX

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 April 2013

First time staying at La Quinta and was great staying here. Receptionist was so helpful and professional. Rooms where clean and definitely coming back. I will recommend to my family and friends to stay at this place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Grand Haven, Michigan, USA
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Was very satisfied with this LaQuinta and will stay at LaQuinta's in the future as they are a very good value for the money! Their TV's are flat screens and had excellent pictures which we really liked along with the cleanliness, comfy beds, and nice variety for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Lets start with the good stuff. This hotel has recently been redone. The rooms are styled and up to date. The front desk was pleasant and very friendly. I did check upon arrival for bed bugs and there were none. There is also no entries on the bed bug registry for this inn.

The bad stuff. What made this room a disappointment was the cleanliness. The floors are disgusting. There was something on the counter that wiped right off when I tried to clean it. The bed linens seem clean but one of the pillow cases on the bed was noticeably shredded.

Overall I would not stay here again. If I hadn't checked in so late and was traveling with kids I would not have stayed here at all.

• Stayed April 2013