“Happy but sleepy!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
A TripAdvisor Member
“Happy but sleepy!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay for three days. We wish we had bigger beds. Full beds were too small. Everything was beautiful, clean and helpers were friendly. We are spoiled rotten Americans and wanted eggs and bisquits!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was concerned after I booked the room and read some bad reviews. I have to say that I am glade that I did not cancel!!! The hotel is older but well maintained. Our room was clean and I can't say enough about how comfortable the beds were! The location was great easy to get to everything. But what made this stay great was the warm friendly staff. Anything that may have been lacking was not missed. The breakfast was also very good excellent coffee! We would definitely go back!

carroolton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was expecting to stay in a nice la quinta hotel like i have done before, but this one is old and run down with anitque furnishings. Dont stay here no matter what the price is! Dont fall for thier cheap prices they offer to attract customers. The bathrooms are old and not well kept up.

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

So I booked this hotel, checked in about 5:30pm. My room was ready but the A/C was having some sort of problem. Not to worry, Rosa at the front desk moved me to another room immediately even though someone was there checking the A.C by the time I got back to the room. Bonnie and Destiny were Great as well. Destiny was my Housekeeper and I know that because she left a note letting me know. Very sweet I thought. Asked her for extra towel and everything was in it's place. She even straightened out my daughters junk. All the staff was very nice the whole time I was there. Obivously there can be some work but it's not brand new. I don't understand what people expect and why they get so angry "Worst Hotel ever" and "Lipstick on a Pig" Do your research before you book is what I always say. Anyway, Destiny, Bonnie, and Rosa were all very nice and even found my make up bag and had it when I went back, hours after check out. These people obviously know what they are doing and do it well. Thank you very much for acting quickly because that is real Customer Service. I know, I do it for a living! I will book here in the future since it's minutes aways from Shoreline Beach with out the shoreline price!!!! My girls had a wonderful time even the teenager!!! Good Job La Quinta Ladies!!!!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I haven't been in this room a good 2 hours and Im so upset I just feel like screaming. The pics on the website for this location are bull**** and not worth the $148 that I'm being charged for one night. I feel like waiting in my car until morning because I don't even want to be in the room. I was pissed when I saw the building from the highway. This is a motel (not a hotel) with updated rooms. The rooms are outside and so is the washer/dryer. There was hair on the bathroom floor. I can’t describe this smell. There's a nasty ring in tub. I don't know if this is blood or what on the door frame and wall. The mirror and paint is peeling. No fridge/microwave. It's just disgusting. The only reason I came to this here is because all of Corpus (surrounding areas) is booked due to the event this weekend. Word of advice: DO NOT COME HERE! I’m usually hesitant about bad reviews because I know some people are just picky and aren't satisfied with anything. But please take this warning. If you absolutely have to stay here don't pay more than $20.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

houstonburbs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Traveling through to visit family, led us to a quick stop over in Corpus. This hotel is an easy off....easy on, but there are other choices very close that could have been better, I am sure. This seems to be an older site, that definitely needs some updating. No ice bucket....we were told that the ice buckets are taken by guests, and they were on order...was given one from another room...hmmmm. Did not feel safe after that. Stained walls and carpet..... Found two electric outlets available for us to use. Disappointing visit!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple