La Quinta Inn Corpus Christi North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Super 8 Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)
  • Breakfast included
Plaza Inn(Corpus Christi)
  • Pool
Windwater Inn & Suites(Corpus Christi)
View Hotel
ValStay Inn & Suites(Corpus Christi)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stay almost exclusively at La Quinta Inns. The stay at this hotel was the most disappointing. When I first entered the room it had a musky smell and I found roaches within minutes. I have a small child imagine how I felt.The hotel states recently renovated but it’s not up to normal La Quinta standards in my opinion. The room was not very clean and the bathroom look like they quickly tried to clean it and failed, the shower head was to low and I am only 5'7. Do not recommend, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Inspect room prior to agreeing to stay.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Well I get to the hotel and check in at about 3:15pm, I get told that my room is just getting cleaned and that my suite would be ready in about half an hour, I agree and drive around the city for about 40min. Come back and they tell me that it should take about 15min more cause they are vacuuming the room. I go back to check 20min later and they tell me that they found out that the sleeper sofa was broken and it was going to get replaced to give them about 30 more minutes. At this point I am pretty much frustrated and the front desk person offers me a discount. Finally about 2 hours later I am let into my room. Come to find out that the room is not vacuumed (found food on the carpet) the restrooms are not well stocked or the stuff that we asked for was not there (extra pillows, blankets and towels), found cigar wrappers in the drawers, found some sort of a spring and screws by the microwave and fridge area. So at this point I just want to relax with the family and just live with what was handed to me but when night time comes around and we are ready to go to bed, surprise the sleeper sofa that was suppose to be replaced was still BROKEN. I had no head support and slept very uncomfortable. I was suppose to stay two nights but after the first night and all those kind of problems I experienced we decided to cut our vacation short and check out after the first night. I picked the suite cause it was big enough for my family (4 kids, my wife and I) but was very disappointed with the service and the LIES that were told to me. Granted I got a discount but with the service and lies, I felt I stayed in a low budget motel. That is the last time I stay in this location.

1  Thank Jose S
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was a NASTY hotel !Maids didn't clean our room properly. We had to make our own beds after we asked for clean sheets. Mold in the bathroom.Roaches all over the place. A terrible experience! I will NEVER stay in a La Quinta again!!!!!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stay at LQs almost exclusively. I appreciate the quality, the amenities, and the breakfast. I got to this place at 8pm two nights ago and the room I had was terrible. It had a smell to it, didn't look clean, the counters were all beat up and the mirror was peeling. There was not soap in the bathroom. The breakfast the next morning was waffles, cereal, milk, prewrapped muffins and OJ. That was it! The motel (that is what it is) is old and needs to be updated or put out of its misery. I cancelled my second night and spent $8 more to stay at LQ airport which is 5 minutes away and 1000% better!

Avoid this one at all cost!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We visited Corpus for a family wedding and were told that everyone was staying at the La Quinta. It turned out we were at the wrong La Quinta. Most of the party stayed at the Northwest inn. We were sorry to learn that not all La Quintas are the same. The other one was much nicer than ours, which has a lot of deferred maintenance. When we arrived, we were sent to a room that was already occupied. After we got that straightened out, we had a room that was OK, but had some problems. The worst was the faucet in the shower/tub, which dripped continuously. This in the middle of a severe drought! We reported the problem, as well as the fact that the room phone didn't work and the lining in the tub was peeling off. Nothing was fixed while we were there, but they did give us a discount on the room.

To be honest, we have stayed in worse spots, but we expected better. Given the number of motels in Corpus, including several within a block of this one, I suggest you stay somewhere else until the place gets a makeover.

2  Thank The Other Jim H