“Season of Refreshing meeting Corpus Christi”

La Quinta Inn Corpus Christi South
Ranked #62 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Everything was as good or better than expected. I will use you again. I especially enjoyed the breakfast. The waffles where the first . I have every made. The selection of fruits and cereals was excellent. The people taking care of the area was johnny on the spot cleaning up and making sure everything was ready for the guests. I find the only bad thing about this whole trip is filling out a survey. If I had had any problems you can bet I would have told you about it. But thanks for asking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 February 2014

There are several La Quinta hotels in Corpus Christi. This is usually the best value. It is close to the Corpus Christi Army Depot/Naval Air Station. It is also on South Padre Island Drive near the bridge to Padre Island.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Malinda G
Reviewed 24 January 2014

You generally know what you are going to get at La Quenta and this one is not an exception, but...despite a hiccup at sign in, the personnel were very good and friendly. The lobby was very neat and uptodate. Breakfast was a cliche but OK.

The room and bath were very clean though it was obvious that this motel has been there quite a while. The only real complaint was the mattresses. We tried both in our room and they were very uncomfortable and neither one of us got a good nights sleep.

We were warned not to accept a room on the west side of the facility, (which would be to the right of the office), as there was a nightclub on that side and they were very loud, very late. We were on the north side and it was not a problem.

While this scores a 7 or of 10 to me, the problem with the bedding would keep me from going back.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room to the right of the office.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We only stayed one night. This was a date night for my husband and I. The room was clean and nice. Did not wake up in time for the breakfast so I can't comment on the food. The location is close to lots of restaurants and movie theater. The price was perfect for a date night!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccfirestorm
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Had a great stay. The location is very convenient to San Padre Island. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. There are a lot of conveniences like food and gas nearby. The area is decent - considering I was traveling alone and am a young single woman, I am always careful about the types of areas I stay in. I felt safe. Good food nearby - right next to a Rudy's BBQ which is fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Beds were comfortable; room was acceptably clean; it was a bit noisy due to closeness to highway; friendly staff; tiny ants on desk; overall comfortable room for price; housekeeping did not return as asked after their first visit, when we returned that night our room had not been cleaned at all; we had to go to the office to get clean towels, soap, toilet paper for the remainder of our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Overall, I was satisfied with the accommodations. The bathroom was a little tricky as the shower heads are very short, so if you're taller than five feet this could be a problem. The room was pleasant, the bedding was comfortable and decor was modern and nice. The staff was extremely friendly and the free breakfast was enjoyable. As I come to Corpus once a year for Christmas, I may return to this hotel. The location and price was very convenient for my Christmas tradition activities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends