“Beatiful view, comfortable stay”

Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel sets on the bay and is convenient to most downtown locations. I was in room 1254, a standard 2-queen room with fridge, m/w, coffee maker and other standard amenities. My view overlooked the dock area and made for a nice diversion at the end of the day. Check-in & Out was quick and complete. Pool areas, spas and bars/restaurants were in great shape. I didn't have time, but there were massage therapists available, as well. Work out room and weight area were in repair. A/C blew nice and cold. Get a good rate for this hotel and you shouldn't be disappointed--but it can be pricey...I do like this hotel, though, so am willing to pay for it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Norma C, Executive Assistant at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel. It was nice to read you enjoyed your stay, guestroom, and the hotel amenities. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The bad news? A large wedding party sucked up the rooms, including ours.
The good news? We got a complimentary upgrade. No questions asked, no hassle, no problem.

We got the Omni Bayfront Suite and all I can say is "WOW". Three balconies with outstanding views, dining room, living room, spacious, and awesome decor.

What's better? The service. The bellboy didn't just offer to fill our ice bucket, he did it automatically. Another representative showed up a few minutes later with fruit and bottles of water...also complimentary.

The ONLY drawback was the bathroom. I figured that in a luxury suite with the description I gave above, the bathroom was going to be beyond epic.

Nope, it was standard. Tub/shower combo, small size, nothing impressive.

Don't get me wrong, this hotel is outstanding. Great service, great room, great people, *THIS* is where you want to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Omni Corpus Christi. I apologize for the issues with your original room type. Although, I was happy to read that the issue was handled promptly to your satisifaction. Occasionally issues will come up and we believe the way they are handled speaks to the competence and experience of our staff members. Again, thank you for your business.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I are big fans of the Omni group and normally experience excellent service from them. During our stay at the Omni Corpus Christi Bayfront, however, we experienced several hiccups during our stay: 1) Although we requested early check-in of 1:00 PM days before our arrival, we were delayed 15 minutes past the normal check-in time of 3:00 PM because the room was not yet ready. 2) The staff was passive aggressive when we had trouble redeeming the "Art of Breakfast" amenity on the first morning of our stay. 3) Overall, the staff seemed very disorganized and lacked clear communication skills. On the plus side, the hotel was absolutely gorgeous and the room amenities were superb! Also, the staff did do a couple of things very well: 1) They hooked us up with a room upgrade during check-in. 2) Although the hotel was busy, it was surprisingly quiet! 3) The meals we ate in the hotel were delicious! In conclusion, the hotel itself is awesome but the staff needs better organization. Make no mistake, this is the nicest hotel in town and we'll consider staying here again. I hope this review is balanced and helpful to future guests of this establishment. Cheers!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your fair and balanced review. We appreciate all comments good and bad, as this only assists us to improve. I personally apologize for the problems with your early check-in, breakfast, and overall customer service. We will address your concerns immediately. We are hopeful that you will consider another visit with us in the near future and are excited to serve you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Having had a problem of cockrochers in our previous hotel, we arrived very stressed about 9am at the Onmi Hotel hoping to find a room for two nights. The woman at the reception desk (Melissa) could not have been more understanding and helpful. She showed us a number of rooms until we found one we really like. We stayed at the hotel two days and our visit was superb. Everyone was very pleasant and the view from the room was beautiful. We just phoned Melissa and arranged to stay there for 6 days in 2 months time (this time booking two rooms room one for us and one for one of our adult sons). My wife and I can not speak highly enough of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My friends & I stayed at the Omni resort this past weekend for our little getaway. I had my concerns after reading some reviews, but those where all put to rest.
After getting a late start on our road trip, we had to call & confirm a late check in which Shane was very helpful with.
Upon arrival, we decided to use the valet parking due to how exhausted we where (We arrived at 1 am) & they generously informed us that for that night it would be complimentary. Check in was very fast & soon we where on our way to our rooms.
The rooms where very clean & the beds very comfortable. Since we did have such late check in, we didn't get a balcony but we did get a walk out area which I hadn't even read about in any reviews. If you are a smoker, this is absolutely perfect.
For the next two days, everything went great. My only complaint would be the room service we ordered for breakfast on our first morning and housekeeping.
We had planned on sleeping in the first morning due to arriving so late, but we where woken up by a knock from housekeeping to see whether we had left yet & what time we would be leaving. I was annoyed by this since afterwards it was impossible to return to sleep. Since I was up already, I decided to order room service. The room server was very nice, but after waiting about an hour for our food to come up, I would expect for it to be fresh & upon the first bite, you couldn't miss that it was already cold which prompted us to not order breakfast the next morning there.
The one thing you can't miss is the quietness. For accommodating so many guests, I was extremely pleased that I didn't have to hear screaming children or the tv's in the other rooms.
The Omni was perfect for our small getaway and we will definitely be staying here in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you check what extra charges they have. Don't be surprised when you are charged for w...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely look into the concerns you mentioned with the Room Service and Housekeeping departments. We appreciate your business and hope you will return for another amazing getaway.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Omni resort in Corpus Christi 2 weekends ago for 3 nights for our wedding anniversary. I read a lot of reviews and can't belive I almost let those reviews stop us from going.
The hotel was beautiful, the staff was very nice. We arrived late and the hotel was completely booked. The parking was full and they gave our bay view room away. We didn't mind about not having our room because it was very late when we arrived But they gave us valet the first night at the same price as the regular parking would cost, which we loved and decided to use valet for the next 4 days. The valet staff was very professional. Even tho they gave our room away they made sure we had a great room for the next 3 days, which was a beautiful room and view.
We were traveling with 2 small children and I just loved the backpack and cookies and milk they offered, what a nice welcoming surprise!
We weren't able to eat at the restaurant upstairs because Our children are just to young to sit down for a nice dinner so we decided to order take out from it instead and it was the best meal we have ever had! You have to call the restaurant as it's not the same as room service. Organic steak and farm fresh potatoes and veggies, it really doesn't get any better!

The bartender at the pool makes the best blended margaritas and piña coladas!

Seriously don't read the haters we had an amazing time in Corpus Christi! There's so much to do esp if you have kids, ours were 3 & 1 yrs old and what great memories we made!

Room Tip: Bay view is a must!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Norma C, Executive Assistant at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We were so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay after our error with your room. It was nice to read that you also enjoyed a nice meal from Republic of Texas. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel accommodations, staff and meeting facilities always exceed my expectations. The hotel shuttle was prompt, friendly and courteous. The location of the hotel is adjacent to the shoreline and entertainment and restaurants. We really enjoyed the sailboat ride and strongly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your thoughtful comments regarding our hotel, location, shuttle service, meeting facilities and in particular the staff. We will share your comments with our hard working staff. Thank you for being our guest!