“Great hotel, great location, and great service!”

Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
Ranked #59 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I recently (October 3-14) stayed at the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront. My stay was for eleven days so I had an opportunity to get to know the hotel, area, and staff well. I was impressed with all three.

The hotel itself has a tremendous amount of character and history. There are small shops and one bar on the first floor that are convenient but not affiliated with the hotel so guests are not able to apply charges to their room. (Not all shops are occupied at the moment.)

The location could not be better! It's a short walk to the bay. Be sure to ask for a Bayfront room. The cost is a little more but it's worth it to wake up to that view every day.

I have a new grandchild in Corpus and will be returning often. I will absolutely stay at the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront again.

Room Tip: THere isn't a "spa", but wanted to add a comment on the pool area. The pool is large a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tammy T

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Value for okay it was not a bad rate for the room but the room was not that great when i got my room bathroom tub was leaking the bed was a little on the hard side not very comfortable but the lobby area was beautiful breakfast was great and location was excellent

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed for my birthday!!! It was awful. Ac never cooled off. Looked like a bullet hole in the window!! Roaches. When we went to the desk we were told no refunds. And that it rained every hotel would have roaches. Worst stay ever. Ended up driving back to victoria at 4 am

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ericac1989
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My family and I was totally surprised when we arrived at the hotel. Super friendly staff and comfortable rooms. The view and location cannot be beat. A great value for the money!! Coffee Shop rocks!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank scanpilot
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I want to comment about the great stay that my family and I had at the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront. First of all the room that we received was great, it has to be one of the best rooms that we have stayed in. The location of the hotel is one street over from Shoreline Drive and it is centrally located to everything in Corpus; the marina, beach, museums, eateries, Selena's Mirador de la Flor, Lexington and aquarium. But the thing that made this a great stay was the service, especially by one person her name is Mrs. Virginia Abrego. We came in with a couple of issues and Mrs. Abrego kindly and professionaly took care of my family and I without hesitation. The Corpus Christi Bayfront Hotel is very lucky to have her, she is very kind and professional. When we stay in Corpus we will be staying at the Corpus Christi Bayfront. Thank You, The Carabajal Family.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jim c
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I was here During Aug 2012. My room was nice. Had a nice view of the water. My room was clean and had no problems. The lobby bathroom at night would get yucky but it was cleaned up by morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful. All n all was a nice hotel to stay at. Am planning a trip in 2 weeks and will be staying here again

Room Tip: Spend a few xtra dollars to upgrade to a nicer room. Its only a few bucks but it is completely worth...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kara B
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Where to start. We went to chorpus thinking we were going to get decent room. Paid $130 not worth it. Well first they issued me our key to the room. Didnt work. Had to switch rooms. Walked into new room it smelled so bad. Had a strong mildew odor! We saw 2 healthy roaches with wings!!! No cable. Only had 4 channels that worked. Tried to get a refund since we were only there for about 30 minutes. Lady at front desk said they are non refundable rooms we left anyway. Will never ever ever go back.

• Stayed: September 2012