Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
US$106
Country Inn
Hyatt Place Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$125
Comfort Suites Near Texas A&M - Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$88
ComfortSuites
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
US$172
US$161
EmbassySuites.com
US$183
US$107
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$126
Best Western Padre Island(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$115
Best Western Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$131
Agoda.com
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2013

After reading very bad recent reviews and because my son's baseball team was staying at the hotel, I RELUCTANTLY was going to make reservations and stay at the Corpus Christi Bayfront. I called 2 times on Wed 6/19 and was placed on hold over 10 minutes each time and 4 times on 6/20 only to be put on hold for over 10 minutes each time. On my 5th call I was asked to call back because they were too busy checking guests in. I then asked for the Managers name, Andrew I was told. After 1 hour I called back to speak with the Manager, Andrew. I was transferred 3 times and never spoke with anyone. WHY on earth would a customer stay in this hotel when we can't even make it past the reservation part. I had to call and make the reservations over the phone as the on-line reservation system was not an option for me based on the hotels guidance. I'm sure they won't miss $585.00 but I would rather sleep in my car than spen money with a company like this.

1  Thank Shawn L
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The positives of this hotel were it was centrally located- close to the beach and places we wanted to see in Corpus Christi. The roof top pool was fun and there was a fridge in our room. It was a good value for the family suite and some of the people were friendly. The hotel was unique and we appreciated that.
Ok, now for the challenges...staff was poorly trained. Everything from checking in, to trying to get towels for the pool (there were none supplied by the pool; so get them before you take your children swimming) took forever. Housekeeping according to the website is light housekeeping after the first day. That translated to mean no housekeeping. My daughter left a book on the bed and the housekeeper assigned to our room left a note that she could not make the bed because there was stuff on it. Apparently, this also affected her ability to empty the trash and make the other two beds in the room. The hotel also offers breakfast but the breakfast is not fabulous: cereal, bagels, Danish, and coffee but no cream for the coffee. I was told to put milk in mine. The restoration of the hotel did not complete all the finishing details. There were cracks in the molding and the frames around the mirrors. Our shower pan was stained but the room itself appeared cleaned. I was not concerned for my family's health or safety. It was a good value just a frustrating experience.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

we(husband, wife, son) decided to stay there to bring back memories when we honeymooned there in 1996, but what a mistake it turned out to be. 1st check in time is at 5pm so we came back and so did about 100 others, an by the time we got to the desk they did not have our room with 2 queen beds, but they said we are going to put you in a presidential suite, we said oh thank you. Next we go to the 10th floor feeling all special UNTIL we opened the door and the heat hit us in our face and the room looked like it was lost in time(1950) not kidding the air conditioner were window units and you could barely look out the windows. don't get me wrong the room was big, about 750sf, with tall ceiling and no ceiling fans in the bedroom and the smallest bathroom with the toilet next to the wall we had to sit at a 45 degree angle to us it. we only had one bed but the very old and very dirty sofa was a pull out bed that was broken and had no bedding and had to be use so down my husband goes to get bedding and they give him all they had which was a shower curtain these people had no shame and should not managed a dog pound let alone a hotel, trying to sleep was a total different nightmare altogether, the window unit never cooled the room it was so hot and no phones in the presidential suite to call and complain.

1  Thank angie b
Reviewed 13 June 2013

As soon as we arrived my husband and I knew things did not look. We walked in to sign in not only was there a long time to check in but there was only 2 people who were doing the check in. So we waited for almost 45 mins just to check in a lobby that was hot and it smelt kinda funny. So by the time we got our rooms ( Which we had 2 and they were suppose to be double queen) not only were they floors apart they so did not provide the same amenities. The room that my husband and my 2 small children in , when we walked in the room was hot as if the ac was left on heat, the tile floor next to window felt dirty like it had never been mopped. On one of the beds I found a spider. I had also found baby roaches coming out of the the chair and I also found one in the refrigerator. Also my phone didn't work and I had no iron nor coffee pot. So I went to my other that I stayed in with my child, the toilet handle was broken we had to hold it down until all the water drained out. It too was also hot when we first walked in and the room smelt like it was never cleaned other then the house keeping making the beds and taking the trash out. We when I went do to complain about the room the 1 lady behind the desk said she need to get the manger because the room that my husband stayed in was not suppose to have a coffee pot nor iron well first of all my 2 rooms we the same style room and were suppose to have the same amenities and plus why did one of my room have ironing board but not iron. Also when I reported that one of the phones was not working in one of the rooms the manger said that she would get on that well the day we left the phone was still not working. And who knows it still might not be working now. Also upon reading the papers that was given to us at check in if we wanted our rooms deep clean we had to pay extra $10 a day. Also the little cafe was suppose to be open 24 hours well the times we went it was closed... The bar was open more then the cafe was. Also we were charger $6 for parking for so called security parking well if it was so secured then why were people parking then walking to bars across the street.

Yeah the view we had was good but that was the only that was good everything else needs to improve before I ever go back again.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We (my boyfriend and I) came on the Saturday before Memorial Day, so it was understandably very busy in the lobby when we walked in. I heard from other guests that they had arrived at 3 and were told to wait until 5 to check in. They also told us that there was a shift change right when it was busy which was part of why there was a long line to check in. The hotel is in a great location, we attended a block party for Memorial Day right on the corner of the street the hotel is located on. It was a ton of fun and it was great to be within walking distance of the bars downtown.

The hotel has a certain charm to it, I guess it's an older hotel. The cafe is neat although we didn't use it. There could've been more variety on the breakfast. It was very busy Sunday morning but then Tuesday morning after 200 guests checked out (that's what staff told us) the breakfast was missing bagels and I was sad. The staff was great. After waiting a long time to check in, the ladies at the front desk recommended places for us to go and answered questions. We met the owner or manager in the elevator and he was nice. I would like to point out that it is advertised that the pool is Olympic sized and...it's not. There was one creepy staff lady that smoked outside all the time and started talking to me which was uncomfortable at times. And I would like to have been able to put my food in a fridge somewhere, but front desk said they didn't have one for us to use. Overall though, it was good.

Room Tip: We got a room in the corner and we could see the bay and part of downtown, it was great. But apparently the suites/bayview rooms have HD tv flatscreens and microwaves.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple