“Worst Hotel Ever!!!!!!!!! DO NOT GO TO HOTEL CC BAYFRONT!!!!!”

Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
Ranked #55 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront was AWFUL! I reserved 2 nights online for $119 a night. When we came back from swimming and our room hadn’t been cleaned I called the front desk to see what time room service would be coming by. I was then informed I had only paid for one night and that they were booked and we couldn’t stay there. I went downstairs to speak to a manager about it and see if I could at least get some of the money back because they charged me $273 (the price of 2 nights). The girl at the front desk said she couldn't do anything about it and that we had to leave because they were booked and that they were not going to refund my money. I asked to talk to the general manager to see if I could get some help and she kept saying it wasn’t possible. I told the girl at the front desk that I was not leaving until I spoke with a manager and got the situation resolved. She turned around and had another girl call the Corpus Christi PD on me. I quickly and quietly went to my room and started packing up our stuff. I was there with 3 kids on a mini vacation and now having to leave a hotel I paid 2 nights for. As we were packing our bags and trying to calm the kids the police came up banging on the door. They were there to escort us out of the building. The girl that called the police was there and said that I had threatened her. My only threat was that I wouldn’t leave until I spoke with a manager. How is that unreasonable? My 4 year old asked me if I was going to jail!!! Not really what a child needs to fear. The situation was not handled well at all and taken to an extreme that frightened my kids! I would not recommend Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront to my worst enemy. The breakfast was terrible, the floors were filthy and the staff was ridiculous.

15  Thank Samantha F
There are newer reviews for Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the worst hotel stay I have ever had. The place was filled with screaming children and the staff would do nothing about the noise level. The pictures on the website are nothing like what we got. There was no microwave, no fridge, no coffee maker not even an ice bucket!!!!! When I would ask to speak to the manager, everyone answers that they were the manager. I think that is a load of bull. The faucets sprayed out water when using the shower, the doors in the place look like they haven't been painted in 35 years! There were holes in the doors, the carpet was disgusting. The elevators were so slow, we took the stairs, so did everyone else. There were broken beer bottles in the stairwells. This place was disgusting!!!!!

Room Tip: don't stay on the 2nd floor!!!! Go up higher and away from the stairwells.
2  Thank dont s
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was very upset at just finding parkingYou have to go through a bressway to get to the hotel and some cars were out in the street waiting to check in. At first in my room the phone nor key worked, neither did both washer and dryer. The ice made ice so slow we went to the store to buy ice. The whole hotel was hot, one elevater was working and it stopped on every floor. The picture you see online is only the 2nd floor, it was remodeled because it faces the be beach.The other floors do not look like the pics online. Not enough staff front desk to check you in and your room will not be ready when you arrive, for some reason they ask you to wait 15 mins.Elevaters are small and if you have a wheelchair or a van for you wheelchair parking is a nightmare. The parking garage is 7.6 feet on the ground floor but it has a very very high incline. No service vans or delievery van can enter it.. I rate this hotel a negative 1. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. EVER!!!! WHAT A PEACE OF CRAP.

3  Thank Lola H
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Let me start by saying I am a very prissy person and I speak my mind. All these bad reviews of the hotel are so far off its unreal. This place is very pretty and clean. Granted yes, its older and could use some new carpet and paint but how bad does that really affect your stay? The lobby is beautiful. We were in room 712. The bathroom was a little older and out dated but still served its purpose. The room itself was fine. Carpet was a little worn but I didn't spend much time on the floor so who cares. One down fall, they only give you 3 towels at a time. If you have a family of 6 that kinda sucks...lol Only every other floor has vending machines and the coke machines were always empty. The day we were leaving they had several doors open on empty rooms and I went in several. I saw the remodeled rooms and the older rooms. All were about the same to me. The main part of the hotel is kinda hot during the day but the room was pretty cold. We had the most amazing view of the water and the bridge with lights on it that changed colors. The kids loved it. This hotel is about 2 blocks away from the water. The roof pool was very nice but it was very windy the night we went out there. I did think it was crap you have to pay $6 a night to park at the hotel you already paid for but hey, whatever. Everyone that worked that was very nice and helpful, We did go to the bar and have a few drinks on Saturday night. It was small and crowded but probably because they had a band. Saw several reviews the music was too loud in the rooms but we never heard it, Check in took about 20 minutes. We did not smell the horrible smell that people talked about nor did we see any bugs. The elevators are a little slow but oh well. All in all it was a nice place and I will stay there again, and I will recommend it to others.

1  Thank Crystal T
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Worst mistake we made during our trip was staying here! Horrible! DIRTY! DIRTY & ROACHES ROACHES ROACHES! I still can't believe I allowed my kids to sleep there! Pool was cloudy dirty & filter pump wasn't even on. Do not stay here unless you have absolutely no choice. Sad to see its location right near the beach and yet...its garbage ! DO NOT STAY unless you want roaches crawling over our luggage and not to mention on your bed! Gross!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank ninesplus1
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I saw the rooms that people complained about. I saw the rooms that were renovated. They informed me that half of the rooms are renovated. Naturally more people will comment/complain when they are dis-satisfied.

Fortunately we were in a renovated room. Being fair, I will give them 3 stars.
They are simply under-staffed. They cannot handle check in time because the rooms are not cleaned or ready in time.
When they clean the rooms, they only make the bed, exchange towels, empty garbage, and new soaps & shampoos. They do not give you fresh sheets/pillow cases, or vacuum the floor.

It is a nice classic older/historic hotel with a lot of character and greater potential; and in a great central location.
The manager or owner needs to spend some money on payroll, because I don't think I would take my family there again.
They should lower the prices until all renovations are complete!
OR, if they continue to charge the current rate, they should hire more employees to make the service and stay more enjoyable.
It is a little over-priced considering the service, but that is not the employees fault, -they try to accommodate, but again, they are under-staffed.

Wi-Fi is very weak and slow.
Tasty margarita's in the lobby from 7-9 pm.
Fast elevators.

Could easily be so much better

Room Tip: 1)Request renovated room on a highest floor available that faces the gulf/marina. - The elevators ar...
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The handle on our room door broke off, and the maintenance man was clearly cracked out and scary. We had no phone in our room, and when the scary maintenance man brought us one, it didn't even work. Both vending machines were out of order, and you apparently cannot speak with a manager. NEVER PAY MONEY TO STAY IN THIS CRAP HOLE!!!

• Stayed: July 2013