“Don't stay here unless you pay for one of the upgraded rooms.”

Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
Ranked #55 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Slaton, Texas
“Don't stay here unless you pay for one of the upgraded rooms.”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We got in at 7:30pm, waited 20 min to be checked in. We had paid for and reserved a king value suite. Girl at the front desk said well we are out of that room so you can get the double queen for the same price or pay and upgrade. Well then what is the point of a reservation??? We settle for the double queen (come to find out later there were some kings available she was just to lazy to look), find roaches in the bathroom and random long dark hairs all over the bathroom. The floor in the entire room was tile, and the ac was a loud window unit. The decor was from the 80s. We saw some of the other rooms when doors were open, and they were obviously the upgraded rooms, because they at least looked like motel 6 grade or better. We went out on Friday night, came back to the parking garage (which we paid to park in), and could not find a spot. We counted 15 vehicles that were double parked and even more that did not have a hotel issued parking pass. Seems like anyone visiting the bay/bars in the area park there. We went in and complained to hotel staff and they said well someone will go through later and tow. Didn't help us then. We finally parked in a spot below ground level that I'm pretty sure was employee parking. All in all, the bad experiences we encountered were not enough to make the prime location worth it. There were plenty other hotels we could have and should have chose.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank slothom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I booked a two night stay through priceline here for $42 a night before I read the reviews. Due to the fact I had a conference to attend last minute , I gave it a shot. In reference to the other reviews that I read I partially agree & disagree.
Yes, the elevators and halls were warm. However, the temperature set in my room was at 65. Since I had no cooling problems in my room this was good for me. Yes, there was a smell in the elevator. However, it didn't smell like mold but just like an old building.
The lobby area was beautiful as well as all the doors. They did a good job making that part look good. The breakfast consisted of bagels , ceral, OJ, coffee , & milk. Not great but something to grab on the run. Although they had a coffee shop downstairs to make up for no coffee pot in the room you had to pay for it & was overpriced. Coffee and a muffin almost $8. After purchasing my coffee I was told they had no creamer but some magically appeared by 7am.
I didn't receive my first mornings wake up call as requested. This subjected me to grabbing one of the rubber tasting bagels since I missed breakfast that was being provided at the conference I barely made it on time to. Although I could see that they had renovated some rooms. Many of the rooms were open. You could tell they were just trying to put the minimum facelift on it. I personally stayed in what they considered their medium level rooms. I had a nice view of nothing but rooftops and parking lots. The bed was not the most comfortable but not the worst either. After a long day it was good enough to sleep but I'm sure exhaustion played a part of this. The shower was hot & had great water pressure. However, the faucet was starting to come loose & the repainted tub had started to peel. Other than pieces falling apart. It was at least clean. Although I thought I might make it out without having to agree with other reviews commenting on roaches ... I cannot. The morning I was checking out ...they were checking in.
I guess as long as you have no food in your trash and are only looking for a place to sleep, it might be okay. I would not suggest this place for a family. Definitely not for one with small kids due to cracked pieces of tile, pointed edges on the bed, & like I stated before .. the shower knobs falling apart. I also wouldn't recommend this for a couple looking for a romantic getaway. However, if you get it on a really cheap deal and don't mind the overall appearance, are careful in the shower, don't leave food in your trash overnight for critter visitors, have your own alarm, aren't there for the rubber bagel breakfast, & JUST need a place to crash before a business meeting. You can survive. It's like camping indoors but with a window unit.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Iambubblebee

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Temple, TX
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The room rates were exceptionable, and the hotel was very conveniently located near the Conference Center… less than a mile away. The interior of the hotel was absolutely amazing, and somewhat breath taking. The room was very nice and had great accommodations, however the bathroom was yucky!!... moldy, small, only one washcloth provided and no ventilation. It just did not make sense why this great place had such a horrible bathroom.

The interior of the parking garage has a scary feel about it. Be sure to park at the top of the garage in the open top area for a better feeling of safety.

This being said, I would stay there again if I could get the same great rate that I got on this visit ($61.00 per night).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I just returned from another stay at the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront. It's not a fancy hotel, but then I didn't want to pay a fancy price. It's affordable, clean, safe, and in a GREAT location. I love to walk to local restaurants and the marina - it's perfectly situated for that. The rooms are large (I had a bay view king suite with a microwave & refrigerator). Well worth the price, especially when compared to other local hotels. Breakfast is included. Again, nothing fancy, mostly just cereal and fresh pastries. They do have WiFi but it's only accessible on the 1st floor in the common areas, not in the rooms. I will definitely stay here again. This was my 3rd or 4th stay, visiting family and friends in the area. There isn't a fitness center or spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room - it's worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My son and I stayed at the Bayfront for a week while visiting family in Corpus. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Sylvia and the breakfast crew. We had a jr. suite and our room was clean and well taken care of. Got a great rate. Will go back again for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank adonicabro
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel is old and has a very moldy smell. The entire hotel was hot, as if they didn't want to turn on the air conditioner. There were roaches in our room on the microwave and in the rest rooms. There was no tolilet paper holder in the restroom and wall paper was peeling where some more roaches were coming out of. I awoke because there was huge roach crawling on my head. We switched room, but I couldn't sleep just thinking about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will never stay at this place again nor recommend it to anyone.
AND we had to pay for parking at their hotel garage.
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dora H
Austin
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My company made reservations for me to have a room with a fridge. The Lobby appeared nice. BUT thats all. No AC in the Elevators and in the hallways. Its was smoldering in the elevators and the hallways!! The 1st room smelled like (gas) and the freezer in the fridge was so full of accumulated ice, there was no way to put anything in there. So. she gave me a second room. Not any better!!!. So we went for a 3rd room and twice I was no able to use my key card to get in the room. I was toting several pieces of luggage during all these transfers. I finally gave back the room cards and went across the street to the Holiday Inn. Wonderful place!!!!. My company spoke with the Manger the next day and she refused to issue a credit. Who ever owns this DUMP needs to fire the manger!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business