Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
US$161
US$154
Country Inn
US$164
Best Western Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Hotels.com
Best Western Padre Island(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$127
Hotels.com
Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$134
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$138
Hyatt Place Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$137
Hyatt.com
US$172
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
US$161
US$146
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$116
SpringHill Suites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Me and my husband arrived in Corpus Christi at about 10:00 am and when I asked the staff if we could check-in she informed us that check-in was at 5:00 pm. but informed me that they would let us check-in at the complimentary 3:00 pm. I was OK with that because I did not call in advance to see what time check-in was.

The staff was so nice that they allowed us to get our parking pass early and gave us the wireless internet code so my husband could do some work on his computer while we waited. They had this great little coffee shop that I was able to get coffee and the staff member was so nice and accommodating. Around 11:00 we went across the street because the staff recommended the place as a good place to eat so we went and arrived back at the hotel around 12:00 pm... the lady at the front desk greeted us with a smile and said that our room was ready. I met the General Manager, Dee Dee, and we talked about the hotel. It was great.

I am not a person that will sleep anywhere. I once went to a hotel and asked for my money back... so when I give a review it is legitimate. When I give a rating it is based on hotels with similar amenities... I compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.... I find that people have given this hotel a bad rating (I always check reviews) because frankly they are comparing apples to oranges.... wrong thing to do....

We went to our room and it was gorgeous...the floor were cleaned the bathroom was very clean., it was a bay front view, the refrigerator was clean, we had complimentary coffee and a coffee maker, we had an ice bucket with cups, the beds were nice with clean linen on it, we had an iron and ironing board, the TV was updated (flat screen)... I was really impressed with the room. We stayed for two nights and everyone was very nice and welcoming. If I had a question they were always polite and treated me very well.

I found that they had a pub connecting into the lobby of the hotel. I was not fearful because they had a security person monitoring the lobby area. My husband when to the pub to watch a game and he had a great time. I like the fact that if I needed him all I needed to do was go downstairs.

And yes...both elevators were working and was very quick...

This is a great place to stay for the price, location to the boardwalk and the amenities.. Remember you could go to the expensive ones and you will get what you paid for or you may not....

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany R
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We really do appreciate you as being one of our delighted guests.

When, and if, you do come back to visit Corpus Christi, please contact me directly so I may speak with you and make your accommodations personally.

Again, thank you for chosing the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, where you're always treated like family!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The place looks like it is falling down once inside the rooms, It needs paint it just needs a whole redo, You can't check until 5 pm they charge you 6.50 for parking there are all kinds of bums hanging around all the time I smoke and you have to go out to smoke which is fine except my husband had to go with me because it just wasn't safe for me to go by myself then I get home check my card and I was charged twice I called they said it was really only once the first was a prepaid authorization it would be pending I told her no it said approved she said it would be back on my account in 3 to 5 days so I am on vacation and out 75.00 for 3 to 5 days THIS PLACE REALLY IS BAD DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY it is a waste

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occured during your stay. We do have hotel policies and procedures that we must follow and when making a reservations, you do have to have a valid credit card. Once a credit card is given for a reservation for our hotel, we then run a pre-authorization on the credit card to make sure credit card is valid and it also guarantees your reservation. Once you check in, the pre authorization is lifted and depending on your bank and/or credit card company, it may be release sooner than the information given to you at check in. Our check in time is 5pm with a courtesy at 3pm if your room is ready at that time. The check in time information is located on the website where you created your reservation.

On your sleeping room, if you would have come down to the front desk to report any issues and/or concerns with your room, we would have possibly moved you to a different room and/or given you an upgraded room complimentary.

We are a non-smoking facility and we do have a city ordiance to abide by which is very strict. We have designated areas for smoking and I'm not sure if you asked, but the front desk clerks would have guided you to another area if you did not feel safe by our Coffee Bar. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown and we simply can not control where the transients travel too. All we can do to make sure our guests are safe and have unwanted guests removed from the property.

Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay at the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and would like to offer you to come back an stay with us at another time. You may contact me personally to make your reservations and I will make sure your room is perfect.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Saw a good price online but should have known better! I had booked this room for our school administrator! It smelled so bad and the accommodations were so horrible that he could only stay one of the two nights booked. He would have rather slept on the bus than stayed another night. Hotel charged my personal credit card, since they said I was a no show (stayed in another hotel) and then kept and lost our school payment for the two nights. When asked if they could help resolve the issue of the payment, I was informed that there was nothing they could do about it and that my credit card was on file to be used as they saw fit!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Robbie S
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We called at 4:00pm to see if our room was ready for check in, after being put on hold for 10 minutes they told us it was not. We arrive at 5:00pm and there is a line out the door to check in. One girl behind the counter training another girl while trying to check in guests. 35 minutes late we finally get our keys and go to our room. It was filthy, it smelled and the sheets were stained. The bathtub had soap scum and we saw a number of hairs that did not belong to us. We walked right back out to get a refund. While standing in line yet again a man claiming to be in charge of guest services came out of his office and we approached him. The first thing he told us was that they do not under any circumstances give refunds. We told him we booked through Travelocity he said we had to take it up with them. He told us when we checked in we agreed to no refunds, how were we supposed to know the state of our room when we checked in? He argued with us that out of two hundred guests we were the only ones to complain. They were rude and unprofessional! This hotel is by far the worst place I have ever attempted to stay! Even with no refund I refused to stay there, not just for lack of cleanliness but because of their aweful treatment to a paying guest!

• Stayed: February 2014
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

We do apologize for any inconvenience upon arrival to the hotel this past weekend. Due to it being Valentine's Day weekend, we were bombarded with a high volume of reservations. Our check in time to our hotel is 5pm with a possible check in at 3pm if your room is ready. This was noted when you made your online reservations. We absolutely can not control when guest will arrive at the hotel to check in, but we do work as hard as we can to get everyone checked in as soon as possible. In the hotel industry, we are still considered to be in what we call "low peak season" and at this time, we only have half of our staff available for work. So, yes I do agree that check in did take sometime, but we did get everyone checked in a timely manner. We were completely sold out for Friday and Saturday night.

On the concerns in your sleeping room. As I recall, the only problem with your room was a very small, nothing bigger than a pen mark, on one of your sheets on one of the queen sized beds. That was the only complaint you had in your room when it was reported to management. Our Guest Services Director did try to accommodate you in a different room and tired to offer you an upgraded room. We did do everything possible to make sure you were taken care of at that time. You simply refused our services and nice gestures.

Our Guest Services Director is trained to help our guests in making sure that they are all as happy as possible. Unfortunately, we could not help you with your complaint.

Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience and we do hope that you did find accommodations.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I just checked in after booking online (don't let cheap prices and nice pictures fool you) not only was check in a 5pm but the line to check in is ridiculous. After waiting about 20 minutes I head to the room only to be flashed back to the 70s with the horrible decorations and furniture and don't forget about the missing clock. That's isn't the worst, tiny bathroom peeling paint in bathtub smelly ac unit peeling paint and molding. Please save yourself the time and money and keep looking.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

The HCCB does apologize for any inconvenience upon arrival to the hotel this past weekend. Due to it being Valentine's Day weekend, we were bombarded with a high volume of reservations. Our check in time to our hotel is 5pm with a possible check in at 3pm if your room is ready. This is noted on the website where you created your reservation. We absolutely can not control when guest will arrive at the hotel to check in, but we do work as hard as we can to get everyone checked in as soon as possible. In the hotel industry, we are still considered to be in what we call "low peak season" and at this time, we only have half of our staff available for work. So, yes I do agree that check in did take sometime, but we did get everyone checked in a timely manner. We were completely sold out for Friday and Saturday night.

On the concerns in your sleeping room. As I recall, your complaint of the room being dirty was reported to our managment team and you were complimentary upgraded to one of our renovated sleeping rooms . The HCCB will do everything possible to make sure our guests are taken care of in a timely manner. We are in the midst of a major renovation which will take place sometime this year.

Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience and we do hope that you did enjoy your stay in your complimentary upgraded sleeping room.