Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
Hyatt Place Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$137
Hyatt.com
Best Western Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
BestWestern.com
Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$129
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$138
Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$134
Best Western Padre Island(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$127
BestWestern.com
US$172
EmbassySuites.com
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
US$161
US$146
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$164
HIExpress.com
SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$116
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked this room two weeks ahead of time in a surge of excitement. The next day I read the awful reviews and instantly tried to cancel. Since I booked through a booking website my reservation was "non refundable." I called them many times trying to get what I thought would be a better room or just to make sure my reservation was set. I was traveling with another family and there were 5 small children 3 of which were under 3. I was very worried about the health and safety of my children. I spoke with Yolonda the front desk manager who was EXTREMELY rude and condescending.

Finally I have up on calling and just bit the bullet. When we got to the hotel I spoke with Marlo (I had spoken on the phone as well) and he was very kind and helpful. We were early for check in so he told us to come back after 5. Before heading back at 5 I called to make sure out rooms were ready, I was told they were. Once we got to the hotel we were told out rooms weren't ready. Needless to say we raised hell and they have us 1 of the 2 rooms we reserved. We took all 5 children who we had just rode over two hours in the car with and shoved them in this small room. We did not get our second room until 9 pm. All this after they tried to call the cops on my husband for trying to speak to the manager who refused to come out and face the music.

The rest of our stay was mediocre, the beds were uncomfortable and the rooms were outdated. BUT this hotel has some serious issues. The atrium should NOT be open like it is. Something VERY BAD can happen, or maybe it already did. Let's just say I was woke up on Sunday morning by a very loud bang and what I saw was very unnerving.

DO NOT BOOK YOUR ROOM HERE. This is a real review from a real customer who was very dissatisfied with their stay.

4  Thank Momof2lilgirl
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Again, we apologize for any inconveneince that may have taking place upon your arrival. As I recall, you did stay with us during a sold out weekend which sometimes can affect not only our guest but also our staff. This is a very difficult process, but we work very hard to get every guest accommodated as quickly as possible. As I recall, we were very backed up that specific weekend and I do apologize for any inconveneince that may have occurred. We are very thankful that you and your family were eventually accommodated.

You may not know this, but our hotel was built in 1972 and is over 40 years old. It's architectural structure is one that is now renowned all over the world and there are many hotels that still stand in businees with this same structure. We simply can not prevent accidents from happening but of course, we do apologize for anything that may have been unnerving for you and your family.

We are now under major renovation once again and we do hope you give us a second chance in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had never been to Christi so me and the family was looking forward to the trip. We got the family suite due to having five people. When we got there the "parking garage" was crappy, poor lighting, the asphalt was all broken up, just not good. When we step into the hotel I thought I stepped back to 1970. The family looked nervous to say the lease. Check went fine, but I did get there at 9pm. When I went into our room I thought there must have been a mistake. First the room looked nothing like the picture, crappy blankets and just dirty. The so called suite was two rooms separated by a door and one extremely small bathroom. You lateral can turn one circle and be at the shower, tolet, sink. The sinks were poorly laid that you can put your hands under the faucet to wash your hands. A roached greeted me in the bathroom one night. Gross!!! What was crazy is the one bathroom was in the bedroom with the king size bed. So at night you got your kids coming into the room during the night. The one thing that drove was crazy was the room keys would wok ONE time before being needed to be rekeyed. UGH!! The family hated this place. All I can say good about it was it was close to the pier. Don’t waste your money.

Room Tip: Nothing good sorry.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Deputydawg2800

Thank you for taking the time to respond. You may or may not know this but this hotel was built in 1972 which make this building over 40 years old. We are located one block away from the Corpus Christi Marina and do, from time to time, experience rodents in this area. We do have our weekly pest control which does control this issue. Occasionally, we miss one or two but 99% of the time, we are rodent free.

Our Family Suites are equipped with 2 bedrooms, one with a King sized bed and one with two queen beds with a restroom that is shared. When you booked your reservation online, this information was listed for your viewing. I do apologize that this family suite did not meet your expectations and for any inconveneice this may have caused you and your family. I'm not sure if you did inform the front desk of your issue with your key card but there may have been an issue with your door lock and we could have had our maintanence correct this for you.

Again, we do humbly apologize and do hope you give a second chance in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Worst experience ever!!!! One hour wait for check-in, no towels for two days, no phone, no internet, microwave wasn't working & the TV kept turning off! I asked for a full refund from the managment Eric Barker & all he could do was say I couldn't cancel, laughed & walked away! I asked to speak to Deedee Ramirez & have yet to receive a phone call or email.

Incompetent Management & puss poor service overall!! Waste of time, money, vacation!!!

1  Thank Noelda

Thank you for posting your review. I do believe all of these issues were resolved in a timely manner and we do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay. I also believe we were having some issues this weekend due to be sold out during Spring Break.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and we look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

When we got here the lady checking us in was super rude. She diddnt even look up or smile , just asked very rudely "name?" "Make and model of vehicle?"

The parking here is so narrow that we nearly crashed into other people trying to park there is just not enough room.

The elevators were small. When we got to our room some lady was still in it. It was WAY past check in time. The room was old! Very uncomfortable bed! Old box tv. Scratched tables and I think they have led paint on them. The bathroom was super small. The toilet is right next to the wall so u can't even sit right.

Our bed diddnt even have a blanket !!! Just white sheets . I called downstairs and asked them to bring one , they said they would but diddnt. Called again and still nothing .

I went downstairs to their "coffee shop". They had very incompetent people working there. Very unprofessional, they talked about their personal lives and diddnt even know how to make the things on their menu !!

I went upstairs and the toilet diddnt work !!! I finally went down to the lobby and asked for a blanket and some damn service because I kept getting ignored when I called!

It was truthfully the worst stay I have ever had in my life. DO NOT BOOK HERE PLEASE!!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time for posting your review. You may or may not know this, but our hotel was built in 1972 which makes this building over 40 years old. The architectural structure of the building is renowned all over the world and there are still many hotels that have our same demure. I do believe you stayed in our hotel during Spring Break and during a sold out weekend. While we strive everyday to make our guests as content as possible, we do apologize for not meeting your expectations. We do have other rooms types that may have been more accommodating for you and your family, but I'm not sure if you were informed of this while checking in and we do apologize for that issue as well.

Our Coffee Bar is fairly new and we did have some new employees training that specific weekend. It is very difficult to train new employees when it is extremely busy but I do understand your concerns.

If you would like to give us a second chance, please contact me directly at the hotel and I would be more than happy to take care of your accommodations. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We booked a room here on line and when we got there the room smelled and was not cleaned very well. My brother is a pest exterminator and he lifted the mattress to check and both beds were infested with bed bugs when he dropped the mattress tons of roaches ran out from under the bed. It was disgusting we left immediately and asked for a refund and the hotel refused to refund our money for the whole weekend they said the most they will give us back is for 1 night. This is a horrible hotel and its best to look somewhere else.

Room Tip: pick another hotel!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nikkie T
MrDonJones, Guest Relations Associate at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thanks for your review, but please try to give accurate information to the future travelers and not create a problem where none exists. We have enough shortcomings that you most certainly could write about them, but something we have not experienced is a bedbug infestation. THere have been reports of such, and we have dutifully invited in the health inspectors to survey the reported areas and we are happy to report there are no living or active bedbugs. And while there are cockroaches flying all thrugh the skies everywhere in South Texas, there are no massive colonies that we can identify within our structure. There are the occasional lone wanderers, but our frequent use of pest control contractors has made this problem less and less likely.