“Pretty bad place to stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront

Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
Ranked #54 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Pretty bad place to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We took a chance staying here.so far we have ac and water and a TV. There is no coffee pot or coffee in the room and from what I read from somebody else's review they claim to be out. They charge extra for parking and I asked her if there is coffee with the breakfast she said she did not know. Since they have a coffee shop behind her I'm thinking they won't have free coffee anywhere in the hotel. Ac in lobby clearly does not work as stated in many other reviews. So if you want someplace down town and don't mind there little scams stay here.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Hunta954
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. We accommodated you in the sleeping room that you reserved and/or that we had available. Some of our hotel sleeping rooms do have coffee pots which are our juior suites. If you would have let the front desk clerks know that you needed coffee in your room then we would have possibly upgraded you to a room that had this amenity.

Our continental breakfast is complimentary. We do have fresh coffee with our continental breakfast each morning of your stay from 6:00 am to 9:00 am which was stated on the Welcome Letter that was given to you at check in. We also have huge signs in the Atrium Lobby that states where breakfast is served daily. After 9:00 am, we do have a 24 hour coffee bar that serves not only drip coffee but specialty coffees as well.

Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay and we would appreciate if you would give us a second chance sometime. I would gladly accommodate you in our Bayview Jr. suites, which have all be remodeled, at a discounted rate. You may contact me directly at the hotel via email at deedee.hccb@gmail.com. I can assure you that you will be accommodated accordingly and respectfully.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
san antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My Reservation was made online and when I showed up to check in, I waited in the front lobby about 45min before she finally took care of me. When she starts checking me in she informs me that only one of my two rooms is ready because the dryers broke down and everyone was running behind. I asked her about how long she said oh about 15-20min I said great I'll drop things off in one room come down to pool with the rest of my group and by then it should be ready. 35 min went by and I decided to check if it was ready. Was informed by the other guy at the desk that it still wasn't ready but it shouldn't be longer so I asked if he could call my cell phone when it was since I would be by the pool. Wrote it on a sticky note and he put it on his desk. 1 hr 30 min go by and still no room ready...by this time we are very upset because we need to get ready to meet with everyone else for dinner and we can't even shower or settle in our room. So I ask the lady if I can speak to a supervisor or manager and she calls Eric explains the situation and he tells her right away switch her rooms and get her in a clean and ready room I'll be right there. So she does that and gets me into room 718. WHY WOULD I WANT TO STAY 2 FLOORS APART FROM THE REST OF MY FAMILY? When he comes down with me I try and explain to him how upset we are about everything going on and all he offers is waffle breakfast and I say well how much is that and he goes $20 so I tell him well those 20 can go towards my stay and make up for all the hassle and time wasted since we aren't having breakfast here tomorrow we have a wedding early...and he goes no that's all I can do and it's for 4 people and I tell him that there's 6 of us what are the other 2 going to have for breakfast and he goes off again saying that's all he can do. So I take the card keys she gave me(2) go up to room 718. Only one card worked and when I walk in the room is being used by someone else. There's deodorant on the table and shorts and a shirt by the window. So we go back down and now I'm really upset and I go straight to him tell him it's dirty that he really needs to do something this time not just breakfast and he doesn't believe me that it's being used. And when I tell him you don't believe me why aren't you trying to work things out and get me in a clean room he tells me "I'm actually ready to call the police and get you thrown out of the hotel" and I go oh really for what complaining that my room isn't ready 2 hours after I got here to check in. And then you give me a room that's being occupied by someone else. So he grabs the keys and goes up to check for himself and never return. During that time both the guy and the lady inform me that he is guest services that I should speak directly to the manager or GM on Monday. They were actually very nice and attentive and looked shocked over what was happening. So I finally get into a room that the guy decided to switch me too without Eric ever saying. Anything to him. Room 122 and when I get there I call hotels.com and explain to him how upset and disappointed I am with the service so he calls Eric personally to see what he can do and the rep. Even said that he was rude to him and hung up on him. So all in all my experience with him was HORRIBLE. He has no courtesy towards the customer no manners and no education to be the director of guest services. The hotel was very clean when we got there. The guys at the desk tried doing what they could, the pool was good and in the morning the manager did apologize and told me to email GM directly. I DID EMAIL GM AND STILL NO RESPONSE!

Room Tip: If its your last resort and you HAVE to stay here...the view with the pool on the second floor is ni...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
12 Thank marianita_9
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. I do believe all of these issues have been resolved and I do apologize for any inconvenience. It was a very busy weekend and yes, there was miscommunication and mistakes made by my staff.

Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay and we would appreciate if you would give us a second chance sometime. I would gladly accommodate you in our Bayview Jr. suites, which have all be remodeled, at a discounted rate. You may contact me directly at the hotel via email at deedee.hccb@gmail.com. I can assure you that you will be accommodated accordingly and respectfully.

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Pueblo, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed the 22nd-24th July locked in to this hell by expedia. Upon arrival the staff was friendly enough except it was 2:30 and we couldn't check in until 5. Been on the road for hours with teenagers. Paid parking fee which is $6 a day to park in an unsafe garage that is crumbling and dark and walked around down to the marina. That was ok. Next we were tired went back to hotel lobby is almost as hot as out side they finally let us check in. Room was paid for by my husband and his credit card and they told me I couldn't check in with out him WHAT! He's 800 miles away I came with my cousin and her kids. Had to use my own phone call expedia have name changed on reservation stupid hassle when I had my ID and the credit card in hand. Unload all of our own luggage and what we thought was a room with a microwave and fridge which the picture showed on ad and nice plush beds was like stepping back in the 70's. Huge cockroaches in hallway and one in room and no iron blow dryer broken. Hair in bathroom. Long lack hair. We are blondes with short hair. No chair in room only a desk chair. Only 2 wash rags for 4 people. I asked them for a roll a way bed there was a huge bay window taking up a lot of space not blocking the door and she told me since I got an economy room it was a fire hazard. Wth!! The whole hotel is a fire hazard lady!!! The homeless people bombard you when you go out the door to walk anywhere asking for money and cigarettes. Hotel has no security. Breakfast consisted of bagels the size of my donut tire in my trunk and corn flakes OJ and coffee. This is the worse hotel I have ever stayed in and I have traveled a lot being a travel nurse. Bad bad bad

6 Thank Angelnursern
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. We do have hotel policies and procedures that we must follow with third party entities. The person that makes the reservation must check into the reservation with a valid ID and credit card. We have to have authorization and signatures from the person that made the accommodations online.

We are an older hotel and are in the process of revonation which does take some time to do. We accommodated you in the sleeping rooms that you reserved and/or that we had available. If any of the issues that you mentioned in your review would have been reported to the front desk area, we would have taken care of you immediately. You would have been moved and/or upgraded to a sleeping room that had all of the amenties you requested.

Our continental breakfast is complimentary. If you would have liked something else other than what we serve, we do have a 24 our Coffee Bar located in the main lobby. We serve waffles and omelettes fresh everyday.

texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I'm sorry to say but this hotel is awful, service is bad and not worth your money! Lobby is very hot, no ac at all! No ice in the ice machine and our card didn't work for our room my husband had to go downstairs to get it program several times. Rooms are very dirty and bathrooms are old and very dirty! Tub is peeling, shower curtain had brown stains on it and toilet was leaking. Our stay was for two nights however my husband did not want to spend another night in that nasty room. DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE!

6 Thank morocha76
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. We are an older hotel and are in the process of revonation which does take some time to do. We accommodated you in the sleeping room that you reserved and/or that we had available. If any of the issues that you stated on your review would have been reported to the front desk, we could have possibly moved you to another room and/or upgraded you to a room that met your standards.

On occasion, sometimes the key cards and/or the door locks have problems. There may have been something wrong with your door lock. If you would have explained this to the front desk clerk, we could have sent maintenance to fix your door lock immediately.

El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was our last resort. Upon our arrival we had a check for the rooms (total given to us prior to arrival) for the full amount of stay. The manager gave us a higher amount?? We literally were there for about two hours to iron out the cost. It was concluded that our amount was $33 over. They have some pictures that display beautiful rooms, but beware the rooms are HORRID!! We had 18 rooms and the carpet in all rooms were dirty and sticky. I didn't even sleep under the covers. Some of us didn't want to sleep on the beds. The bathroom shower looked as if it was painted with a roller brush. Some of the tubs looked so dirty you didnt want to step foot in. Most of the people that worked there had horrible dispositions, manager included. Will not recommend to my worst enemy.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank arincon05
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. I do believe the accommodations that were made over the phone were for our economy double bed rooms. We are an older hotel and are in the process of revonation which does take some time to do. We accommodated you in the sleeping rooms that you reserved and/or that we had available. We were in a sold out situation that weekend so if these issues would have been reported to the front desk, we may have been able to upgrade your rooms.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Cons:
Check in at 5pm
Check out 11am
No a/c in lobby
HORRIBLE customer service
Front desk manager was rude
Check in takes so long, even if six people are at the desk, only two are checking people in
Room was filthy
Box tv instead of flat screen
Tv only had seven channels
Carpet at pool
Old decor
No one wears a uniform or name tag (our housekeeper was a guy in Jordan's, white tee, and jeans)
Just terrible all around
So expensive for no reason. They clearly do not invest in property or associated. They didn't even ask how our stay was. They clearly didn't care either way.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank MrsCaballero
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay with us. During your stay, if you would have reported the issues with your sleeping room, we would have gladly offered you an upgrade and/or taken care of you immediately.

We do have a later check in time than other hotels due to late check outs and very heavy occupancy during the Spring and Summer seasons. If you room type is ready prior to our 5:00 pm check in time, we would have checked you in early as a courtesy. During the summer time months, it is very difficult to keep our open atrium building cooled down. It is imperative that your sleeping rooms are as cold as possible to avoid the heat in South Texas.

We do have hotel policies and procedures that we must follow on a daily basis. We do have 4 stations at our front desk and/or check in counter. The process of checking in a guest can take some time depending on the guest reservation and/or multiple reservations for one guest. We also offer bayview sleeping rooms that have flat screen TV's and/or would have met your standands. If your TV in your sleeping room only had 7 channels, then this should have been reported to the front desk as well. The front desk clerks are there to help you with your accommodations and/or or issues.

We do not have carpet in the swimming pool area, it is called artifical turf. If there was a problem with the turf, then it should have been reported to the front desk at that time. We maintain the pool area every single day.

Although we do not provide name tags for our staff, we do provide uniforms. The houseman that may have been out of uniform may have been a new employee.

If you would like to give us a second chance, please contact me directly via email at deedee.hccb@gmail.com so that I can help you with your accommodations. Again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and we look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I certainly didn't stay at this hotel b/c I wanted too but for the 4th of July holiday not a lot of options 1 month in advance. We had a good check-in except for the fact that they charge 6.00 per night to park in an UNSECURED garage. We got to our room and well the smells were as the previous ratings horrendous! Not to mention all the hallways have no air condition so it was extremely hot. They have 2 sinks in each room with faucets you can barely put your hands under. The toilets are extremely close to the wall so you have to angle to sit. The bathroom door is coming off the jam and does not close. We were walking in with other guests and they told us their car was broken into and they could care less. And they
were on the first floor. The ice machine did not work and there is certainly no wifi! Overall it was not pleasant and for the cost was just not worth it. We will never book again.

5 Thank Danmal52
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay. During your stay, if you would have reported the issues with your sleeping room, we would have gladly taken care of you immediately.

We do charge a parking permit fee of $6.00 per night per vehicle to guarantee you a parking place. We do have signage posted all around the parking garage area and back parking lot areas that state you must have a parking permit and that towing is enforced. We are located in the downtown area and our parking area is very open, so this helps us make sure that our guests actually have a guaranteed parking place.

During the summer months, it is over 100 degrees in South Texas and it is extremely difficult to keep our open Atrium Lobby area cooled off when we are at full compacity. We strive everyday to make sure that when our guests arrive to there sleeping room that it is nice and cool. We are an older building so there may be somethings that do not meet your standards like our sinks and toilets. If this would have been reported to our front desk, we may have been able to move and/or upgrade you to a room that may have met your standards. If our ice machine was not working on your sleeping room floor, we would have gladly given you some ice from our 24 hour Coffee Bar which is located on the main floor and/or sent you to a different ice machine on a different floor.

We would like for you to give us a second chance and come back to stay with us, I can assure you that you will be accommodated accordingly. Please contact me directly via email at deedee.hccb@gmai.com and I will be glad to help you with your accommodations.