“Condo #3144”
Review of Villa Del Sol

Villa Del Sol
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Absolutely loved our stay! The condo is just as pictured. Despite the fact that complex it self is not the best looking one, room #3144 is clean and kept up with. You can tell there has been some remodeling and updating to the room and it looks nice. The fully equipped kitchen came in very handy, from the pots and pans to the salt and pepper. Clean sheets and towels. Descent sized tv in living room, and a small tv mounted in bedroom. Bed was comfortable, the sofa bed, well, not so much. We ended up just using the sofa cushions. It's on the corner of the complex so its not loud. Loved the view from the patio! Right by the stairway. Easy pool access, although the pool wasn't the cleanest, but that didn't really matter since we had the beach right in front of us. On 4th of July there was a firework show at the USS Lexington and we had a perfect view of it! We took our beach chairs, had a dinner picnic, made some s'mores and enjoyed the show! Plenty of attractions and dinning options close to the complex, some even at walking distance. Overall it was a great experience and we all enjoyed our trip. The staff at the office was very nice and helpful, they recommended some of their best attractions in town. The owner, Mr. Saludo, was very tentative to all our questions and needs, he even emailed us a list of activities that were going to be happening through out the holiday weekend, which was very helpful, we greatly appreciated it! I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Each condo has different owners.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jeany H

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We will ever come here. Well to Corpus for that matter. We usually go to Port A but since the island was sold out, this was only thing available.
Villa del Sol is a dilapidated complex. It is very run down. It is not taken care of at all. I'm not used to staying in these kinds of places. I would just rather not come to CC at all if this is the last place left. The people who have left negative reviews are not exaggerating. This place really is a dump. My condo is reallynice tho. To bad it's at #VillaDelSol.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Adrienne S
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I called Elaine and told her that I needed a room asap and she met me in ten minutes. I looked at three different places and she let me decide which one I wanted. The one I picked had a great view, new mattress, clean room and over looked the ocean from the balcony. There is 24 hour security, gated area and great view morning or night. I would recommend this place and also to use Elaine for your condo needs. I didn't have any issues and she was very courteous and helpful. She made my few days there relaxed and well deserved.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Keeah N
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Ok, so first let me say that it was our fault for not checking reviews when we booked this place. We decided a spontaneous trip to CC and wanted to try a stay at a condo. We booked our room on VRBO.

All I can say is that, from the moment we arrived, I was praying that God would get us through the trip. Structure is on its last legs. Missing stucco, huge sections of exposed wires hanging from the ceiling, uneven flooring and rusty stairwells greeted us when we arrived ---- and that is before we reached our unit.

Inside the room--- dirty floors, cracks in the walls and dirty furniture. Bathroom light only went on when it wanted to and the door to the bathroom would not close completely.

I couldn't sleep at night because I was so worried about our safety in this place.

I understand that some units are much nicer than the one we stayed in but, I have to ask myself, in the words of Hilary Clinton--- What difference does it make if your room is nice if the entire building burns down while you sleep? Never again!

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank DIna C
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I wish I could give negative stars-- it was awful. Spend the money and stay someplace else--the "kitchen" isn't worth it . Where should I start? Coffee pot with moldy coffee and grounds still in it? Bed bug bites? Pillows that smell like bodily fluids? Filthy floor? Mold? Threadbare bath towels? Not even a full roll of toilet paper ? Wind whistling through drafty patio doors? Or police patrolling the parking lot, and generally just not feeling safe?

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank ReadingAnnie
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've literally been in section 8 apartments that are nicer than this condo. The floors and walls where cracked. There was rust in the refrigerator and on the stove. Everything in the condo looked filthy. Needless to say, upon viewing the place, it looked nothing like it did online.
Elaine (the owner), told us to pay $100 to hold it (not to reserve it). When we realized how horrible it was we told her we would not be staying there. She charged us $250 more, even though we never stayed there or signed any contract. She refused to give us our money back even though we never used the condo.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank NDTcrew
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Villa Del Sol is not a hotel but privately owned condominiums that are managed separately by each owner or the property manager of their choice. There are many updates such as new roof, siding and balconies and manned security as well as video surveillance has been added. It is also gated and long term tenants must pass a background check. It is a great location close to all of the new jobs and growth coming to the coastal bend. It is on the Corpus Christi Bay, not the gulf side. This makes it close to downtown, The Hooks Baseball Stadium, is right over Harbor Bridge. The museums and Hurricane Alley is close also. The Harbor Ferry can take to downtown for three dollars. Corpus Christi North Beach is right out your door. I feel that the Villa has done a lot to improve everything on the property.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo