“outdated and needs a lot of TLC”
Review of Villa Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
Villa Del Sol
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The facility itself is that of a motel...slow elevator, front office staff that couldn't care less, warm pool and in need of lots of TLC. Each condo is individually owned so be careful who you book with.

5  Thank srogers6

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just wanted to Thank Elaine and elainescondos.com for a wonderful stay at Villa Del Sol, The View and the walks on the beach were awesome and we always felt safe with full time security walking the grounds at all times!
We will visit again and will be calling Elaine again.
Thank you again, Valdez Family.

2  Thank Sammy V
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I frequently visit Corpus Christi, and usually have more time to make reservations... We'll not the case this time. The only condo rentals I could find were at the Villa de Sol on North Beach... I was contacted by Linda West, who apparently owns several units at Villa de Sol, secured a unit day before our arrival date, no problem. I'm a firm believer in the saying 'you get what you pay for'... So the low price for this unit had me a little apprehensive, but the pictures online were not bad, and we really didn't have much of a choice short of staying at a hotel.

We arrived right at 4 pm (check in time), took 5 minutes to check in at the desk, then park. The building is old, but the paint is recent. There's a $15 fee due at check in to get your parking lot key.

The condo, # 1202, was smaller than I expected after looking at the pictures online. There's new faux wood floors all through out, with exception of the bathroom, which is linoleum. A set of cot sized bunk beds are set into the wall on one side of the entrance hall. My 3 yo daughter loved them, couldn't get enough of them; perfect little hidey nook for her. The bunks are great for kids up to maybe 12 yo, but kids older than that probably wouldn't care to sleep in them, definately not an adult! Bedroom was fine, queen bed, flat pillows (bring an extra pillow and some blankets!) Kitchen is old, needs an update badly. Tiny coffee maker, basic toaster, couple of baking pans, frying pan, pot, some cooking utensils and silver ware, enough plates, cups to last throughout the day. Fridge works ok. Bathroom reminded me of the ones you would find at a Knights Inn... Yep, it was the worst part of the unit, but it was clean and got the job done. Water pressure was fine. Bring extra towels, the ones provided are thin and small. Washer and dryer uses quarters and located right outside of the unit's door.

The one thing I was impressed with is the proximity to the beach! Wow, made going to the beach with a 3 yo and 1 yo so easy... Seriously walked out of the fencing of the parking lot and onto the sand. Pop the kids into the stroller and walk along the beach no problem! Beach was clean, not crowded during the middle of the week.

ALSO... No bugs! Didn't see one the whole trip!

All in all, I'm glad that we found something on such short notice for a few nights on the beach with the kids... #1202 did the job. I don't think we will stay here again... I like having a washer/dryer in the unit, AND a nice hot shower in a big bathroom at the end of the day while on vacay ;)

2  Thank Bohemianmatka
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I planned a spur of the moment trip to Corpus with 2 adults and a child and also a small dog (note that they are very strict with the weight of the dog, it must be no more than 20lbs). I didn't want a hotel room because they are small and then meals needing to be purchased. I wanted a place where we could have easy access to the beach and a place where we could actually cook meals. I spoke with Linda W. And she was very accommodating and was able to fit us in Condo 2312. We arrived and checked in with no problems it was very easy and the front desk personnel and staff were friendly. The size of the condo was great for us. The unit has very basic utensils and appliances (we brought our own spices, foil, paper towels, ect.) The A/C worked very well. We had a great view from our unit. We were on the 3rd floor and the 3rd unit from the end, so we were close to the beach, it was so relaxing to sit out on the balcony and listen to the waves. The interior was a bit dated (80's style) but who really cares? We spent most of our time sight seeing and hanging at the beach. The USS Lexington and Aquarium is just a 2 min drive. Of course this condo is right off the beach so you have to take in account what the salt air does to structures. The entry is gated to the parking, there is a gated entry to the beach and security was very present at Villa De Sol. I was amazed how far we were able to walk out in the water, it was pretty shallow and great for kids. On the last day of our stay, we were running late for checkout time, because we went to tour the USS Lex again. I called Linda and she was once again very accommodating, and allowed us an extra hour. Linda is a very sweet Lady and we will be reserving with her again. She does have other units at the Villa Del Sol to rent. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Littlelulubell
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Worse than a russian youth hostel. One bedroom, two bunk beds fit in a former closet. The place is run down and seems to fall apart. I.e. fridge handle superglued, things are held together by ticky tacky. The couch is from a frat house. Aweful

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank dawg72
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have stayed there with Mr McCormick for years but he didn't have any available condos for our family so we tried a number from Villa Del Sol it was Elaine's Condos. Our family rented a total of four condos it was so bad the first condo had none of the lights working and what she told our family was so upsetting she told them that they came early and if they waited the light would have been replace she said well come back at four and i fix them. If that was the case they should not have told us that we could be there early and also the A/C rent out that night she them us another room. I walked into my room and the floors were still wet and full of sand there was no broom so i could sweep some of the sand the bath towels where wet still and so where the sheet to all of the beds. I picked up the comforter and there was allot of sand like the sheet were never changed and the bunks beds where the same. i met with Elaine and she told me the same thing that if we didn't come early we had that problem but it was her office assistant who told us the rooms were ready. I asked her if I could just get my money back and she said no. Then she said that i could cancel but she was going to charge 100.00 fee because the condos are not her they are tenets well that was a lie they are all hers. She ended up taking sheets from another condo and replace ours on the top bunk bed my son was suppose to sleep but couldn't because it didn't have a mattress. the third room was dirty there was trash all over the room and bed had sand also and they came a day later so I don't understand what her excuse was for this room. Omg please everyone do not stay in any of her condos they are terrible.

7  Thank aprilgal2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Absolutely horrible!! The condo DOES NOT sleep six comfortably as advertised. Was completely filthy and we had to find other accommodations, and the owner of this condo refused to refund our $$ because she said it was my fault for misunderstanding that her office told me it slept 6 comfortable. I trusted that to be true and it WAS NOT. Now we have to dispute the very high charge with our credit company in hope of getting our $$ back. Don't ever rent from this owner or any other at this place. It's a disgusting filthy run down place. Not sure what they do with HOA dues around here.

• Stayed: July 2014