“Everything you need all around you”

Holiday Inn Brownsville
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Brownsville
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Right off highway, walking distance to mall, at least 5 big name restaurants, very nice hotel inside and out. Well stocked hot breakfast, clean pool with a BBQ pit

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Yearyinsa

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I don't love staying here, but it is clean. Other similarly priced hotels in Brownsville are my pick for a two or three day stay. The rooms are always clean. The breakfast has a lot to choose from if you are not keen on the hot preparation for the day, which is usually so-so. The staff is pretty unresponsive when it comes to complaints or service issues. I have been given the key for an occupied room on one occasion. There was not mattress on the sofa bed on another occasion, which makes sitting on the sofa impossible (and it has been that way for 2 years). This is where my boss puts me up, so I put up with it, but it is not up to par with other Comfort Suites properties.

Room Tip: 201 has not mattress on the sofa bed
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Beach_Martha
Reviewed 26 February 2011

This is the first time I've felt compelled to write a hotel review because I thought the Trip Advisor rating/ranking didn't live up to its billing. In this case the hotel definitely disappointed. First, we were assigned a room that was alreadying being used by somebody. Second, the hallways smelled. Third, the breakfast bar -- at 7 to 7:30 -- was by far the worst I've seen at a Comfort Suites. It had paltry selections (no fruit, no yogurt, no water for oatmeal, no cereal, no milk) and was unattended. (I will add that after I left, more than an hour later, my wife went down and told me that by then cereal and milk had been added, and there was an attendant by that time.) Fourth, the front desk was unhelpful when we called down for bedding for the sofabed, and we had to follow up by going down to the front desk ourselves to get what we needed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mid40smale
Reviewed 10 December 2010

This hotel has lots of potential, but its lack of good management is apparent. It is almost brand-new, but it already shows signs of decline. The two things I want most from a hotel when traveling for business--a good TV and a hot shower--were lacking. The remote for the TV was missing, and the guy at the front desk couldn't find one that worked. The water from the shower was lukewarm. I found several insect carcasses in my room and there was a huge separation in the grout on the shower surround. The equipment in the exercise room didn't work well. The owners of the hotel also sell gold items, so there were signs and banners advertising that they "buy and sell gold!" This detracted from the appearance of the hotel.

It's too bad, because this hotel could be excellent if it was managed better.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank raoulduke101
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Great staff great room. Speedy check inn. Restaurant in same parking lot "great location". Everything was great except hot breakfast to many people I'm line for 1 waffle maker. Eggs and sausage very low quality. Tasted like previously frozen. All in all guest room was great.

1  Thank HOTELGENIUS1
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I only visit Brownsville on business, and I have stayed at several other hotels in Brownsville, but this hotel is by far the best! From the begining of the stay the front desk staff (Yesenia) and ( Mike) always greet us with a smile.The rooms are always clean, and the rest of the staff is great, they have never hesitated to go out of their way to make our stay pleasurable. (Large rooms, large bathrooms large TV, and very dark, once the curtains are closed,(great for sleeping in) Thanks to all at the Comfort Suites in Brownsville, Tx. See you soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Francodlr
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We were in the Valley for Work/& Leisure and our family was quite comfy here! The Front Desk, Housekeeping, everyone we encountered always had a Smile! Always Greeted us! After Reading the Reviews it wasnt hard to make a decision, and sure enough! Most' comfortable Beds!!...Big Rooms! Flat Screen was Awesome and very nice big bathroom! There was even a Sofasleeper which we didnt need but made it more homey with kids! Fridge/Micro top it and Free PC/Interent in the Lobby! Its near everything and Minutes away from South Padre Island! Sunrise Mall is a Hop away! Swimming Pool was great to for kids! Not Very Big but Good enough! Did I mention the Free breakfast and very often Free Dinner Buffet/and Drinks! Dont Pass this one up!...the only complaint I could have but I didnt let it trouble me, was that it can be a bit noisey' but turn up the AC and takes care of the noise which is from people in room above walking hard, or in hallway passing by! All the the Good stuff out weight's that thou!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business