“Relaxation Destination”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Brownsville
Texas
“Relaxation Destination”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here over the weekend while doing a little weekend get away to South Padre. I booked it very reasonable on Priceline, but I saw the regular price as reasonable as well. The room was spotless, with quality linens. Their pillows are wonderful. I love the full kitchen although I rarely use more than Fridge or microwave. I know they have a nice complimentary breakfast but I was so comfortable, I got lazy and slept in. I love a quality hotel, I would rather pay a little more and stay with the brand I trust to be clean and comfortable.
The staff was friendly but I honestly did not interact much with them. I noticed they had an outdoor pool but did not explore much outside the room

Room Tip: It was off the main highway and only about 20 min to South Padre strip.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smilinggypsy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Michigan
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Clean, spacious room with sitting area and small kitchen area. Hot breakfast buffet offered different selections each day, but always had prepared oatmeal, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, yogurt, fruit, muffins, bagels etc. There is also a nice happy hour/ light supper Monday through Thursdays. Pool was clean, although weather was not cooperative!
All employees encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I stayed here four nights and found my room to be clean, comfortable and everything I needed. The complementary breakfast was decent as was the manager's happy hour food. I found the staff to be courteous, responsive and pleasant. There is a small gym with a couple of treadmills and exercise bikes. There is also a small swimming pool for those desperate to do some laps or cool off. While there is no business center, there is a computer with printer access for airline boarding passes etc. Finally, there is a complementary shuttle service that can take you to a large nearby shopping center (Target, TJ Max etc.) or local restaurants.

Room Tip: If you don't ask for a room near the only elevator, you could end up quite far from the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank GeorgeRex
Rosenberg, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I had been traveling for several months and not had this problem with any hotel until now. I use CLC (Corporate Lodging) for all my hotel stays. After confirming with phone calls and then in person at checkin, and even further with the desk clerk calling the Manager to verify, this Residence in called me 4 days and 3 cities later asking me for payment because there was a mixup! WHAT!
The Manager further explained that they thought CLC was the company I worked for and would need my Visa for payment. After some choice words and several phone calls from this Manager and telling them to call Corporate Lodging Co. I was offered points for being a gold member. Lost sleep, poor management, and lack of communication, but the breakfast is good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Flowood, Mississippi
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This is a reallly old hotel that has changed it's name. The building does not to justice the the Mariott brand. I will not be visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2011

My husband and I met a couple of friends in Brownsville to go fishing and visit Progreso, Mex. I really like the floor plan and cleanliness of the room. I would recommend this hotel. I believe you get more than what you pay. The pool is very small though. The hot tub is outdoors.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2010

Unlike some of the negative comments about this hotel, our stay was top-notch. Having just covered over 5000 miles travelling through the US, trust me, this is a hotel that offers excellent value. The breakfast selections are too numerous to mention, but above all, the hot choices are fresh and constantly replenished. I have never stayed in a place that offers complimentary dinner snacks, never mind including free beer and wine! You could make a meal of it (but why would you want to when there are so many great restaurants in the area
that are reasonable). The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. My only agreement with the other negative reviews is that the aircon is located right next to the bed, but again, I've experienced far noisier ones in my travels. Perhaps if you needed to stay for an extended period, you may come to find any of thiese places predictable and the food boring, but the same could be said for the fare in one's own home.
The hotel reception staff were all polite and most accomodating to any requests. Having paid the same or more at a number of similar hotels and gotten a whole lot less, I have to say, it's been the best stay so far in our trip across America. Kudos, Residence Inn!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Pearl South Padre
Pearl South Padre
#6 of 32 in South Padre Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Pad...
#2 of 32 in South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padr...
#8 of 32 in South Padre Island

Been to Residence Inn Brownsville? Share your experiences!